Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Homestuck ^2: THE GAMES WILL NEVER STOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We've had this thread since 2011, and in honour of the original work it should be as long and incomprehensible as possible. Making a new, clean, fresh, thread is an affront to the eternal cycle of Paradox Space.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also if anyone still wants Homestuck music and hadn't bought it yet Bandcamp is rereleasing albums in packs, so like you can get volume 7, 8, and Cherubim for 4.13 total.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
On the album pages it says 'links to retired solo albums are coming soon'

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's not real clear why WP decided to 'retire' the old albums, but the musicians are allowed to upload them under their own names. I know that both Strife!, and Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido are already back up, and Eric Scheele's said he's reuploading One Year Older pretty soon. I guess the rest are up to the individual musicians. I think that leaves Song of Skaia, and Prospit & Derse. So. I guess, bother those people?

e: Also we lost Wanderers and Squiddles, apparently.

e2: Genesis Frog is here: https://albatrosssoup.bandcamp.com/album/genesis-frog

e3: Solatrus said on Twitter that he's releasing Prospit and Derse on his Bandcamp soon, our last holdout is Mark Hadley.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 28, 2019

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Quote is not edit!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When did this happen? I can't find any of those tracks in the main albums.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Jake also ghosted his granddaughter.

:downsrim:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I started reading New Year's 2011, so I finished binging the archives about a two days before the killings began. It was a loving nightmare. I'd be at work for eight hours and I'd know there was an update but my lovely phone and its lovely data plan couldn't handle MSPA (also no phones allowed during work) so on breaks I'd see how many replies there were to this thread and guess how awful the latest update was from there. Every day was a monstrous new surprise.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Peixes is Portuguese for 'fish', so if we're going by that it's pronounced something like "pay-shees".

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nah, let Toby Fox do his own thing and free Homestuck to die with what dignity remains.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So now that there's been a year and half to marinate, anyone feel differently about the epilogues?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7O8juc44k

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What we need is for the full-size scalemates to come back in stock. This should be a no-brainer! There's clearly a market! I got so fed up I learned to sew and made my own.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I know quite a few folks who didn't transition until their 30's or later, you can be fundamentally unhappy with yourself but not recognise it as a gender thing for a long time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I remember what you're talking about, the MSPA Art Team had a Tip Jar, and anyone who gave at least 5$ a month got two wallpapers each month. It ran from February - August, and I still have all the wallpapers but if there was a screensaver it was at a higher payment tier or something.

Edit: hang on, I dug up some nine year old emails and the screensaver links are still live.

http://tipjar.alexandra-douglass.com/BONUS_Alphagasm-Screensaver-PC.zip

http://tipjar.alexandra-douglass.com/BONUS_Alphagasm-Screensaver-Mac.zip

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 15, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Deltarune.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Rose and Jade have a secret daughter named Yiffany "Yiffy" Longstocking.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Quoting this for secret reasons

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
:toot:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's been a fascinating podcast to listen to because I'm familiar with *most* of what Homestuck references, the text parser and graphic adventure games, Nic Cage movies, I'd seen Hook, but I've never seen or read the Neverending Story and it turns out that's the one the whole story hinges upon?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I admit I had kind of the opposite thought, I was an active poster since Jan 2011 and I like the internet forensics going on, and that he manages to get the gist across without naming names. I was also rear end-deep in Tumblr at the time and I definitely remember reading the arguments he's digging up.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think we also killed Megaupload

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the "oldest" part of Homestuck is that the whole thing is formatted like a adventure game, a genre that originally died in the mid-late 90s, and faffing around in John's house is exactly like trying to wrangle a very obnoxious text parser.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Plom Bar posted:

Pardon me but what mid-late 90s were you people inhabiting because in my mid-late 90s text parsers had been extinct for nearly a decade

I may have worded that badly, I meant the mid 90's specifically for point and click adventures, text parsers died earlier. I mostly remember in the 90s we had one of those Kings Quest games where you had to hit a yeti with a pie and I feel like I stopped seeing those kinds of games by, like, 1999 when Lucasarts and Sierra stopped making them.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just for context, Dramatika, Andrew Hussie believed in neither "update schedules" nor "sleeping" and would upload pages the moment they were finished, at random, at literally any hour, sometimes multiple times per day. I think it averaged out to four pages per day until the hiatuses? so there was a program someone made which would honk at you when there was a new page because the alternative was to hit F5 every fifteen minutes, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Toby Fox made a relatively well-known Earthbound romhack back in 2008 but he was the lead of the Homestuck Music Team, and was pretty popular for that. Had a good enough working relationship with Andrew Hussie that the Undertale Kickstarter was on the Homestuck front page, and I believe he finished Undertale while living in Andrew Hussiecs basement but it's never been clear to me if that was just a weird joke.