Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

rotinaj posted:

I tried reading Homestuck and got up to the part where the third character, the "Cool" one, was freaking out over puppets, then lost my place.

How loving long is Homestuck? I don't know if I have it in me to try to get all the way back to that point, then get to the end here if it's as titanic as I worry it is.

You're at something like page (panel?) 325 out of... 4128. You're in for the long haul... but what a goddamn haul it is.

edit: why am I always last :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

President Ark posted:

[s] Karkat: Wake Up probably takes a half hour through your first time to find all the little details and easter eggs and poo poo.

e: I'd say a bunch of the updates are single-panel little/no-text though, so it's not like they're all massive walls of text/flashtravaganzas.

That's still an rear end-ton of comic, no matter how you slice it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Between the Map, Log, Search, Save/Load game buttons, and good ol' fashioned bookmarks, it really shouldn't be too hard to keep track of where you were or where you're going.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh boy, more mythology and symbolism :dance:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, the subliminal messages are "Obey", "Consume", Submit", "Cease Reproduction", and "Stay Asleep".

That's just... really peachy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Seoinin posted:

And on top of everything else, there's still a Guy Fieri.

Pack it the gently caress in, humanitailures.

At this rate, we're going to find out that John Cusack somehow does not exist.

..Oh man I just realized that if Rose still has her book, and John has the code for the potted plant, they could use Dad's hat and reverse alchemise the Matriorb.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What does Jake need %NAME% Strider for to finish the bunny project?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Android Blues posted:

Well, it would seem grammar has been subtly altered (Jane's correction is actually wrong, Jake's initial statement is correct), so this actually doesn't seem too out there!

No, Jane is correct in this case: "A joint gift from me" as opposed to "A joint gift from I."

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I figure Jane and Jake both talk sort of old-timey because they were raised on hardboiled detective stories and pulp adventure tales, respectively.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Man, John's going to fly in through that Fourth Wall, find out he's known as 'Poppop Crocker', and have his fourth or fifth nervous breakdown for the day.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gabriel Pope posted:

Okay, so Dave and Bro are still the Striders. Jane's maiden name is Crocker, which is presumably the same across both sessions (Egbert being her married name in the universe we're familiar with.) So far we're consistent across universes. In the old universe Grandpa Jake was her adopted brother and presumably was also named Crocker originally, but when he ran away he took on the name of his old dog in true pulp adventurer fashion.

So... how did this universe's Jake wind up with the last name English?

Did... did Grandma Jade marry Lord English? :aaa:

Maybe Grandma Jade had a cool dog named English?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Ograbme posted:

Why would
Lord English want to enter a universe without AD?

No, no, no, that's why he's entering them. To destroy them. Only universes with Arrested Development are permitted to continue. (Hence our own existence)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So... Imminent invasion/enslavement of Earth?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You know, I thought I had a pretty good idea of what's been going on, as a whole, in the Post-Scratch universe. But I give. I don't know what the gently caress anymore. I'm confused and it's amazing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Kid-Mom is amazing. Drunk and amazing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Seoinin posted:

I want to believe this is how Mom sounded as an adult too. "Yeah my lil Rosie just fuckin loooves the wizdards."

Since Mom seems to type like a pink drunk Dave, I can only come to the amazed/horrified conclusion that Bro is distressingly eloquent in his chats. Remember Complacency of the Learned?

Ponies.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is it weird that I like the fact that she has typos? While I understand giving everyone perfect spelling in the context of not being infuriating to read, how many people actually text message each other that accurately all the time?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Prototype Eridan's bottom half, followed by his top half.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe you can't? Back before the kernelsprite became Nannasprite, it actively evaded most of Rose's prototyping attempts.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Prototype it with the Genesis Tadpole that fell in the volcano.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, there's not necessarily anything preventing anyone at the Green Sun Pajama Party from entering the Post-Scratch Universe's Sburb session, it seems to be an issue of navigation more than anything else.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe instead of mis-quoting famous people, everyone in the post-Scratch universe mis-identifies their nationalities.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's a scathing dissertation on how bad a dancer Dualscar is.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh geez, what happens if someone wears two rings, each with a different set of prototypings.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hmmmm, I'm actually a little curious how this is going to go. On one hand, Homestuck fans tore down Newgrounds in under fifteen minutes. On the other hand, Gaia is a shambling monstrosity of a forum that averages a million posts a day, most of them presumably terrible.
:munch:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Whatever's in there will be whatever the most confusing option is, so either the Tumor, or Crabdad.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Ominous Jazz posted:

Well, what about Scratch? I would count him.

Secretly evil.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe reset-Bro is an elusive freaky intellectual machinist as a response to being raised by the man responsible for such eloquent statements like "THE SOCK RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Can someone explain what these words are

The robot here is seen on a poster in Dave's room here. The one we're looking at is Square, and the other robot is Sawtooth. They also exist in an art print on the Whatpumpkin website, by Supercar Gautier. It was my desktop for a month straight.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There is no Bro; merely the Auto-Responder's incomplete robot body.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a female version of Mangrit? Girlpluck? Lass-sass? Whatever it is, I think Jane needs more.

I love how casually Dad tosses around appliances :swoon:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

RickoniX posted:

It's not infinite, a book was printed, delivered to a joke store, crushed an old woman to death, was given to her grandson, the old woman's ghost sprite wrote a note in it and sent it back in time to be a wholly different book

I believe that sequence is out of order; a book was printed and given to John, which he kept in his chest with the fake blood capsules and the like. Nanna laser'd her message into it and dropped it into The Medium, and then it and John went back in time to crush Nanna with it, at which point it was placed in a safe.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm pretty sure it's been stated that without the final prototyping, Skaia's battlefield won't 'ripen' or 'mature' or whatever the cool kids call it these days. In a normal session there's be heart of the battlefield in which to raise the Genesis Frog, and in Kids' session there would be no Tumor.

Also Bec needed to prototype to take down that meteor, so it sort of really needed to happen.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Wrist Watch posted:

So what would happen if he managed to God Tier his dreamself, then God Tier his waking self since they'd both still be alive?

Double hope?

I'm pretty sure both methods of God-Tier are mutually exclusive. For the first method your realself dies on a quest bed and stays dead while the dreamself ascends. Andrew's Tumblr mentioned that to ascend via quest slab, however, the dying self has to be the only one left, regardless of if it's a dreamself or not.
Self self self.

Also burning perpetually in green fire may or may not be a requirement.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Plom Bar posted:

Wasn't the popular theory not too long ago that the new titles would fill in the gaps left by the dead trolls? (Thief, Rogue, Page and Prince of Heart, Hope, Life and Void)

I hope Bro's Shades become a player too, so we can have Doom.

Everybody forgets Sollux!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is that a giant Crabdad in the background!?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a Gl'bgolyb? We're all hosed.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe all those 'legendary showers' are actually 'legendary naps'? :stare:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Slightly unrelated, but I've only now noticed that all of the robot versions of people have blue symbols regardless of what colour the character uses. Could this possibly have any meaning at all? (probably not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

wdarkk posted:

Uh guys, look at the upper right of http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006145 and tell me if you see anything.

Maybe it's Terezi's Dragonmom. That'd be awesome, giant white blind dragons divebombing ships and ramming into people and sniffing things.