Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
WHAT A TWIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Wait, what are you guys surprised about, this Jane Crocker character is Nanna right? Isn't this what we all expected to happen?

Did I miss something?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Once again your avatar matches your post perfectly

Edit: Referring to Karkat avatar guy on the last page, drat this thread moves too fast.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Side note: Does the letter on the ground confirm that the scratched session still exists, and is accounted for, within paradox space? I was previously under the impression that the scratched session would exist in it's own sphere isolated from the previous session (barring the kid's inevitable intrusion into it) but that letter seems to indicated that the scratched session not only exists in the same timeline as the kid's session, but ALWAYS existed and was necessary for that timeline.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Jane's teddy is dressed up in a purple wizard outfit that looks like Derse clothing, I wonder if the planets the dreamers are on have switched too?

EDIT: Ahg, time shenanigans again, if this session is occurring in the past of the kid's session, how does SWAJ already exist. Dave only got the idea from Terezi.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Zorak posted:

I wonder what prompted her not doing so in the previous session? She supposedly died sometime in the past, but we never did learn how. It's a bit strange, given that she's purportedly immortal at that point.

Well her factory did get hit by an asteroid at one point. Maybe it contained some of the technology from the veil that let her into the scratched session. Or just straight up killed her.

Edit: So I've never actually seen this strip while it was on a regular update schedule. Should I be expecting an update everyday? Weekdays? Multiple times a day?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Walliard posted:

In other news, the cosplayers are already here.

How. the. gently caress. are they so fast.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

That's how I am reading things as well, but I think we won't really know until we get a better idea of how what the scratch actually does.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I am so loving confused at this point that I think I will just wait until Andrew explains it to me.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Time and chronology mean nothing but I'm pretty sure that dependency chains are static. In other words, if the first scratched universe created the kids universe and the kids universe created a second scratched universe then that chain can only proceed in that order. Changes can't propagate up the chain without breaking through the fourth wall. If true this would probably indicate that we are watching the pre scratch kids universe right now prior to the kids existing.

But honestly I have no loving idea, this stuff got way too confusing the second I saw J's bunny.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I'm calling TirbulantTonic, for mom's chat handle

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I, for one, am excited to meet these new characters. I'm fairly certain that John and co are going to show up at any moment so I'm not worried.

If this drags on for 2 months before we see the kids again though, then we have a problem.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Whelp, how's that for an update. I definitely think that UU is this world's first guardian. Also does this mean we now have 3 ___s of light that we have observed? Their role must be more important than we realize.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I hope that pesterlog assuages any of the concerns people were having about the characters in this act. That was completely fantastic in every way. Despite how fast this comic updates I want more more more!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Careful, this road of thinking leads to an infinite number of time traveling paradox Daves having a convention in their own honor. Davecon 2011.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Haha, this is hilarious. Ryan North's GPS might be the best part.

I want that GPS voice for my phone.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Thankfully this does settle for sure that we are looking at the post scratch kids universe and then Hussie didn't fake us out by doing a prequel to Act 1 instead of the post scratch universe.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Thats the way I read it too, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Not soon enough really.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I believe it. I am curious though how this is going to play out if the autoresponder is going to count as an actual 5th character.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Oh hey, side note. On the about page of MS Paint adventures Hussie says that he started doing the ms paint adventures originally on "an online forum." Was SA that forum? I vaguely remember an MS paint CYOA with an art and humor style that was very similar to Hussie's several years ago.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Tollymain posted:

Just finally got around to reading And It Don't Stop. Holy poo poo.
Same, I completely agree, wow.

Do you ever get that feeling that Andrew Hussie has already managed to accomplish more than you can every hope to succeed at in your lifetime?

It sucks.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

It lines up also with what kind of imps each of the kids faced in their sessions, John faced oil imps(black), Dave faced amber imps (yellow), Rose faced marble imps (white) and Jade faced uranium imps (green).

I think you might be on to something.

E: f, b

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

We've never seen what happens when someone fails to pre-entry prototype however, so for all we know its actually the key to not creating an unwinnable session.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Wow, I definitely did not catch that earlier.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Yep, there's pretty much no way that monster isn't going to show up later at the worst possible time.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Cal is the same size in proportion to both the trolls and the kids.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Bro seems shockingly normal actually. He's like a slightly toned down Dave.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Well we already saw Typhus, but the others are still up in the air.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I was under the impression that the stuffed creature in Jade's house was literally Typheus seeing as it matched the icon for the web browser with the same name.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Well she's busted for sure now, she lost her mustache.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Someone earlier was calling that all of the scratch kids were going to die, how did they know?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I really don't get what happened to billious slick during the scratch at all. He's marked as dead on Hussie's character RIP screen for what its worth.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

They might still have internet too, we can't be sure that they can't communicate with the others.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

People always seem to forget about that metadata. I hope no raging fans kill Hussie in revenge for ruining their shipping grids :ohdear:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

This update immediately assuages my fears about this web comic becoming a cesspool of furry poo poo. Thank god, Hussy you beautiful genius.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

That was everything I wanted and more

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

That was extremely clever. I wonder how long he has been planning to do that.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

What the gently caress happened to Karkat.

We are like 20 pages into this sub act and I already want to go back to the intermission so we can find out what happened.

Goddamn it Hussie you loving tease.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I think from the character's perspective the gay dialog did make sense. It would be more weird for me if it was never mentioned directly but alluded to constantly. That's not how normal people talk, we don't dance around self admitted non-issues like that. We come out and say it, no pun intended.

Although to be honest I can't help but wonder if this is Hussie saying, "Look! This comic is progressive, okay! It has gay people and everything."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Nope its totally real. My favorite part is that despite having a supposably gender neutral pronoun in Ze, they still find the need to have a feminine equivalent of Zir. If its a gender neutral pronoun why would you need two of them? :psyduck:

I understand the need for a gender neutral pronoun, but they works just fine. The only problem with they is that is sounds like a plural form most of the time, so for example, I have been told we were waiting for "them" to arrive and been surprised when only one person showed up.