Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Her dreamself is awake before the game just like Jade's and Terezi's were. It is a real thing she is seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

pumpinglemma posted:

The thing I'm wondering about is not god tier levels but angels. The same angels that gave Eridan his powers, and which "paradox space uses to usher in the end". It feels like the post-scratch session would be a sensible point to elaborate on them, especially since Jake's domain is the same as Eridan's.

GT: Well uh...
GT: There are just so drat many of them janey and theyre not getting any less bloody pissed is the thing!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Plom Bar posted:

My reading comprehension's clearly not the best, but I missed where his domain is Hope. I got Page, but I missed Hope.

There is a good SKULL at the heart of any mystery, haunting its EVERY PAGE. That is what you always say. Or at least, it is what you always HOPE.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Dizz posted:

Mom Lalonde hinting REALLY REALLY hard that Betty Crocker is fef's ancestor :gonk:.

I thought that was already plainly obvious to everyone. Not even just in this act.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Cracky posted:

I'm just sad that my question of "will Vriska ever get to Olive Garden" got ignored :(

She has been undone. Her arc is culminated. So has the Olive Garden arc since Hussie did eventually go there.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Walliard posted:

This gets even better when you remember how Grandpa Jake died in the original timeline.

But tinkerbull didn't have anything to do with that, that was Tavros. :(

So begins Mr. English's path to the dark side.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Cracker Lacquer posted:

So, was the tinkerbull's death supposed to be funny? It's hard to tell sometimes.

At most as funny as Vriska's first death sequence, the Nic Cage looking over Vriska's second death, or Grandpa's death, or Terezi playing with Tavros's corpse, or CD's dance after killing Jade, or...

Sometimes the presence of absurdity and irony can mix with serious contexts with the purpose of making the reader have conflicting ideas about how they should feel about something! To guilt them for laughing at something they know they shouldn't laugh at. We've seen that an awful lot by now!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Pleasant Friend posted:

Also I'm a little disappointed so many of you took that Andrew comments as confirmation Gamzee won't get comeuppance for what he's done. Really, what do you expect Hussie to say when he's answering a question like that? Throw up the spoiler flags and announce what plot events will happen way in advance? Say "maybe he will maybe he won't" that's basically a confirmation.
But yeah, carefully parse what Hussie says, I don’t see any direct confirmation Gamzee will get off scot free, just implications, which everyone should know are as trustworthy as a Betty Crocker cake. Which is reasonably not very trustworthy at all.

Uh, no, sorry, Gamzee isn't going to get any 'comeuppance.' If he dies, it will be for reasons unrelated to what happened. Hussie isn't lying or kidding when he says there is a difference between a character arc and a series of jokes.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

UltraPenguinX posted:

So there's another green pillar that's on land (kind of separated from the frog temple). Was that implied to be Jake's house?

How easy it is for a serial reading to make us forget things that were just shown!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I've seen a lot of people trying to explain the existence of UU, but I haven't seen much discussion anywhere about who the first guardian of earth could possibly be! I don't know if I can get down with the idea of UU being the first guardian until we see some evidence. Remember that if Jade and the troll's asteroid come to the earth or the new session as planned, there is no limit to the possibilities for the FG's identity! It isn't Becquerel again, because the meteor carrying the trolls' FG wasn't copied the way the others were. The agents of Prospit and Derse will create the FG, possibly under the manipulations of others as before. Who will it be? I can only guess. But one thing is for sure: he/she is already here.

Putting myself in my "what would I do if I were Andrew Hussie" thinking mode, I quickly came up with what I consider a fairly possible answer!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Except neither Vriska's body nor her magic 8 balls are in universe B2.

Read again!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Fagtastic posted:

So the original con air bunny from this universe is inside Sebastian. But there is also an unmodified con air bunny on Janes bed, dressed as a wizard.

Easily explained through standard time travel, but I dunno, something tells me they're different rabbits.

No, it actually is not easily explained through time travel. To summarize, the meteors carrying the kids and their items (the rabbits, etc) were copied directly into the new session.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

JAssassin posted:

The problem with that theory is that the image of the overcoat in the comic is a gif and cycles through all the colors.

Not only that, but those are specifically billiards colors bro!

When there is something to be analyzed as "oh hey this might be important", it is going to be something that actually makes sense, and Hussie usually spells it out anyway.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Cavatica posted:

Oh no, Dad. :ohdear:

Don't act like this isn't a foreseeable and likely consequence considering what has already happened and what Kanaya and Jade believe about the game. DaveBro and RoseMom probably might bite the dust before all is said and done, too.

I'm talking about the deaths of characters who haven't even been introduced yet! Wow. Hussie sure knows how to imprint expectations on us. But he also knows how to subvert those expectations at the point where they would start screwing with thematic points, in ways that should be similarly predictable, so you have to be on your toes about what to expect.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 6, 2011

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Midnight Raider posted:

I actually sort of wonder what would happen if Terezi had just lopped off one of Vriska's fairy wings instead.

Terezi would have died right there, because flying has nothing do with her fairy wings, and Vriska was far stronger than any of the other trolls. Vriska had the luck and dice that allowed her to actually hurt Jack. Terezi had a cane sword and the powers of someone whose role isn't to fight - and not-yet fully realized powers at that. The only reason Vriska died is because she refused to believe that she could die to Terezi, and let her guard down as she taunted Terezi.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
That clock must also have been responsible for Doc Scratch turning into Lord English!

Guys...

I think the clock is turning evil.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Krinkle posted:

jesus look at it
two completely different clocks
in that link you just showed
one is purple and has a prospit/derse bisection, the other is green

It is the same clock Doc Scratch had been using to illustrate the story he has crafted, it had been changing color and picture all throughout the Scratch interlude and continued to do so afterward.

quote:

Why would it zoom in on her judgment being neither just nor heroic right before he crowbarred it, otherwise?

It didn't.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nate RFB posted:

Robot gets first tied prototyped, autoresponder gets second tiered prototyped. Jake has to deal with him as his guide the rest of the quest.

I think there is someone else a little more likely to be prototyped. Someone who is also "basically loving [DS]."

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Isn't that the autoresponder which was already mentioned?

Someone. Not something. And not any one or any thing in the scratched universe. He will be arriving soon though.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

FewtureMD posted:

Bro's corpse? That would be a good way to mess with DS's head...

Bingo. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Dolash posted:

So those green curtains are the same as the ones from the Seer: Descend flash - remember when Rose walked through all the act curtains? So I guess we have... were there six such curtains? I think there were. So six mini-parts to Act 6.

edit: Nevermind, you're right, I remember now there were two sets of curtains, and you just got confirmed by the update.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 9, 2011

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

tinaun posted:

I think that the mailbox was not rigged at all. Here, we see Jane take the smoke pellets and unknown red pellets with her. The "fire" then produced is that exact shade of red, implying that those are some sort of fire pellet. Jane is just good at pranks, and wants her dad to be distracted.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. But holy poo poo, isn't it still just the The Ultimate Prank?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Lord of Laughton posted:

Hussie's a jokester, and I wouldn't change that, but is there any commentary in the book that isn't of a humorous nature? I realize Act 1 is still in the comic's prime and is very gag oriented, but I'd be interested in any serious thoughts he had about the comic's direction.

I don't have it, but I suspect he'd be hesitant to include commentary that would necessarily include details about future events, since he wants the books to be able to stand as their own product and get people to read who otherwise might not.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Prison Warden posted:

Now we have all the symbols/colours here I wonder if or when we'll find out the god-pajamas design for each class. We know Hier, Maid, Thief, Seer and Knight, so only 7 to go! I would wonder if there is fanart of Jane and all the Trolls we know both for yet, but I think this fanbase's art turnaround is like 4 minutes

Heir of Breath - John
Seer of Light - Rose
Knight of Time - Dave
Witch of Space - Jade
Knight of Blood - Karkat
Bard of Rage - Gamzee
Mage of Doom - Sollux
Seer of Mind - Terezi
Sylph of Space - Kanaya
(?)Rogue of Void - RL
(?)Prince of Heart - DS
Maid of Life - Jane
Page of Hope - Jake

Assuming, of course, that these guys all get to God-hood, I think we might get all the designs before the end. I don't see any narrative reason for no one else to ascend, since a credible threat to godtiers and an overall objective (beyond 'meet up') still need to come about.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Wrist Watch posted:

I think that having all the trolls' dreamselves killed is a pretty good reason for them not to ascend. Dave and Rose had their waking selves killed, and were revived by having their dreamselves take over. The only thing we've seen in common for everyone who's ascended so far is that it involves the dreamself somehow.

But this is Homestuck and everything can change in an update so... v:v:v

Narrative reasons. You can come up with technical reasons why they couldn't, but those are subject to change at Hussie's whim, and always in a way that allows the narrative to flow logically. For instance, Gamzee turning out to be responsible for John's obsession with clowns, through psychic troll powers that we hadn't seen him use before. It was something that was pretty obviously going to happen somehow, we just had to get to a point where Hussie could show us how it happens.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Prison Warden posted:

To clarify, while we know the full titles of all the trolls we don't, for example, know what the design of the Page god-jammies would even be. Whereas Karkat, as the Knight would presumably have the same godhood design as Dave, only with the colours/symbol we just found out.

My list was to show that all the classes you were talking about, along with all the symbols, can still be shown on godhood clothing in the comic.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

voting third party posted:

I'm calling this, but now I'm wondering if that will actually work or just kill them since they don't have those slabs and they are not their dreamselves.

Well they wouldn't die for real there anyway since we know Terezi has to live for at least an hour more of her own time to go back and do all the things that led her to finding the kids in the first place.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

KoB posted:

She already made that happen. Thats why Dave sent the boondollars to her.

No, it hasn't. That conversation is actually going to happen from Terezi's perspective sometime soon. Then, an hour later, she talks to herself in a memo. Here is a summarized rundown of the timestamps.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Unlucky7 posted:

I have a prediction: All the new session kids have died in some way (real or dream self), and each act will end showing the centric character of that act died, with a hint somewhere how the kid centric to next act died. Sort of a grim reversal of the daisy chaining to get into the game.

Jane didn't actually die, you know.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Maybe I should clarify - not only did she not die, she didn't even explode. She picked up both grey and red smoke pellets, remember? That was her using them as a distraction, like John waaay back in Act 1.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Whaddya mean girlfriendblog, is she dating AH?

Yes, he has a girlfriend living with him. And people went loving nuts stalking her when they found out.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Welp. Pack it up, goldmine the intermission, vote 5 go hog wild. Its over boys. Time to go see what Strider is doing.

Christ, how long was he waiting for just the right moment to pull that?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Books LLC things are print-on-demand, so it isn't like Barnes & Noble bought a big crate of these bizarrely titled, flower-pictured books expecting to move stock. If you type "Books LLC wiki" into their search, you come up with 190503 results. They just have this weird deal with B&N like they do with Amazon.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

creationist believer posted:

Someone with a disposable income is going to buy one of those books and ask Andrew to sign it at a con or something. I would consider it, but I have it on good authority that he's a sociopath in person.

I have it on greater authority he has a very good sense of humor!

Cumhand Luke posted:

had breakfast with Andrew Hussie at Denny's the other day, very enlightening. while our skillet scrambles were being prepared, he created a lengthy and complex narrative involving a conflict between the salt and pepper shakers. other condiments soon joined the fray as ancillary characters and Hussie asked for twelve extra placemats to keep track of all the storylines/parallel universes/alliances/etc. he wouldn't let me use the ketchup because "it's still dead in this timeline" and apparently i'd have to wait for a dream sequence (the waitress comes by and refills our coffee).

as we exited the restaurant, two geeky-looking teenagers dressed as salt and pepper shakers accosted Hussie, begging to know how the story ends. he smiled weakly and said "it never ends." he got into his beamer and that was the last I saw of him.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Hyedum posted:

Oh, hey Gamzee, who are you staring at? Well, whoever it is probably didn't destroy your entire religious outlook on life out of sheer irony.

Please don't kill Dave. :ohdear:

He wants a little strawberry jam for the sandwich he is making between his lips.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nate RFB posted:

So, Sollux is just...alive again I guess. He's been killed three times, so I guess you might as well chalk it up to him having four lives (two real bodies somehow and two dreamselves) rather than just three (one real body and two dreamselves).

No, he has been killed twice. And since we don't know how having two dreamselves works, it is entirely possible some fuckery with that would let him still exist in the physical world, having left his dreambubble with the last of the dreamself bodies.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 19, 2011

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nate RFB posted:

-Prospit Dreamself killed by Jack (this is an assumption but where else would it go?)

For all we know, that dreamself stopped existing the way it should when he became his Derse dreamself. Like how everyones' dreamselves disappear into thin air when they wake up, but rather than going back to their room on the moon, became a kind of 'reserve' body. We have no frame of reference as to what happens when you have a dreamself as a dreamself except for him, who is existing as someone who just left the afterlife and is interacting with the physical realm.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
We're gonna have a time-skip for 3 years, and when the asteroid pops through into the new session, the first thing we see from it is Karkat and Rose holding hands, looking towards Skaia.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Mr. Vile posted:

I think her power was seeing the various ways a situation could go and "flipping" into the timeline that suited her. She doesn't control people's decisions exactly, she just flips into the timeline where they made the decision she wanted.

No, it was specifically that she can see into possibilities that are the result of the thoughts of her teammates and her enemies, and stop those results from happening. I'm not sure if she knows if those are alternate timelines or not, the only thing connecting the two concepts was Scratch implying that they were actual beta timelines.

quote:

GC: TO T4LK TO P3OPL3 4ND S33 TH3 TUNN3LS 4ND VORT1C3S 1N TH31R M1NDS 4ND TO UND3RST4ND TH3 R34L1T13S TH3Y WOULD CR34T3 1F THOS3 THOUGHTS L34D TO 4CT1ON
GC: FOR MY 3N3M13S, 1 W4S M34NT TO BR1NG 4BOUT TH3 1NH3R3NT R3TR1BUT1ON FLOW1NG FROM TH3 R34L1TY M4D3 BY TH31R OWN 3V1L THOUGHTS
GC: 4ND FOR MY FR13NDS, TO PROT3CT TH3M FROM TH31R T3ND3NCY TO UND3R3ST1M4T3 TH3 POW3R TH31R CONFUS1ON H4S OV3R TH31R F4T3
GC: TO K33P TH3M OUT OF TROUBL3, D4V3 >:]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Not A Flying Toy posted:

Just to add to the guess pile: Spades Slick could very well be who they're waiting for, considering his possibly not dead status and the close proximity of the Green Sun. Not entirely sure how he'd escape a sun though...

Remember the last time we were waiting on a guest to arrive shortly? Haa Haa.

He was carrying something that is going to come up again in a big way later anyway, in case any of you forgot about him. He has to have a way of either handing it off or keeping it to use at the right moment.