Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Fucky posted:

To my knowledge he makes quite a bit of money off of that Photoshop plugin. MSPA is just an (expensive, self-sustaining) hobby.

Photoshop plugin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lady Charlemagne posted:

REAL SPOILER QUESTION I am confused about what happened to Sollux.
Well, I am confused about a lot of things, but this I feel like I should know.

He's dead, Jim.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I have a feeling the people who think Cascade was hard to understand are the same sort of people who called Inception a mindfuck.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Homestuck does very neat things structurally that haven't really been explored with webcomics up to now. It's a quite versatile format - any page can have one to many images (sometimes animated) with no text or quite a lot. They can even have sound and full animated sequences, if needed, or even interactivity.

I'd like to see a lot more comics in the same sort of format.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

aegof posted:

Hunt down Kid Radd if you can. A lot of what MSPA's done--single panels at a time, animated gifs, music--Kid Radd did ages ago. It relied on some html trickery to work, though, and browser updates messed with it. The author abandoned it, I think, but I know there's some saved archives floating around. Story's finished and everything, it's just.. not online anymore.
Which is a shame.

Uh, he didn't abandon it at all, he finished it completely. And it did do animated gifs, but the only music was in the bonus one-shots like the silly otaku 'these are a few of my favorite things' parody. Plus, it was limited textually to just what could be in the panels.

And it's online. There's even a downloadable version complete with an old portable firefox just so you can see it as it was meant to be: http://www.bgreco.net/kidradd.htm

It did do some neat things, especially the loving individually created and placed sprites (every comic is made of several different sprites upscaled and placed in the frame), but it doesn't have a lot of what I like about Homestuck's format.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If by 'recently started' you mean 'horribly ambitious project with three pages since January of this year' then sure. :v:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This is the other famed image by that artist

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So.

UU's the personification of the homestuck fandom.

This absolutely cannot go badly.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Why would it be a reference to nyancat.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This is a good overview of the issue.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Halftruth is Hussie's girlfriend. It's word of god and not worth arguing about.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Just a reminder (since it's been ages since it was last mentioned) that we have an IRC channel at #plushrump on SynIRC if people want to help wile away the time between updates. Everyone's welcome! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

RBA Starblade posted:

Somebody remind me why any of that was happening.

Sure, start reading from here until you get caught up