Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
This is probably the most beautiful eruption of man gas I have witnessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I'm very interested to see how much of this John is going to get to make unhappen. Even if all of what we just saw here gets thrown out, it's surely going to have echoes; Roxy's voidey intervention seems like it ought to have a lasting effect, in particular. (John pops in a couple act act acts back and everything plays out super weird because somehow there are retroactively no Lalondes there at all?)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

WAR FOOT posted:

Doesn't Caliborns species reproduce by getting their rear end beat?

Oh, so that's who Lord English really is.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

IUG posted:

Alright, then I did forget. I just didn't know why people were hoping so much that he would undo what we just saw in the flash. Plus, that would mean Hussie just did the flash for no reason for the plot then too.

Well, just because all or some of this might get undone doesn't mean it'll be meaningless. John would know what he's stopped - or at least we would - and having this full underailed (which I admit is a funny word to use about this mess) version in there first would make watching it unravel a more coherent experience. Plus there's a chance of hard-to-predict aftereffects. (I already said so a page ago, but I think whatever exactly Roxy did will probably remain significant somehow.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Suaimhneas posted:

Yeah, I'm curious about this myself. I'm not sure that was a teleport, that seems more like a Space player's territory. Roxy did some kind of Voidy Thing and now she and Rose are... where, exactly?

Either more or less real than before, perhaps, whatever that would mean! Popped out of one of those curtain assemblies somewhere? Trapped in Complacency of the Learned and/or Wizardy Herbert? That could get overcomplicated (which is entirely unheard of in this story, of course) and has already been echoed by John's enjoyment of Caliborn's narrative style, though.

Or they're mainly just invisible, which is a little boring but still an option, I guess.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Can someone remind me how this happened, because I totally forgot about it and really, just what :psyduck:

He looked a little too deep into Lil Cal's eyes. Starts here.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Makaris posted:

Maybe this got answered but that whole prophecy of caliborn being defeated near horses. Where the hell did those horses come from, when's he's laying there all with his rear end beat?

They were (of course) already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Tenebrais posted:

Pretty sure this isn't a doomed timeline, this is the new alpha timeline after John starts changing things. Typheus needs to clean out the existing John, for tidiness' sake.

Yeah, that was my reading. The John who stuck his hand in the special magic thing is sticking around to fix everything, so keeping another one around would just be messy.