Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

My biggest complaint is that I can't get to MSPA from work, which means that I won't be able to see it until I get home.

I'm going to have to wait all day to see God-Tier Karkat. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

- Jack in the troll session is about to defrog the human universe.
When did this happen? I don't remember this; I though Jack in the troll session was just destroying everything.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aw man, now I have a memorial avatar. :(

Are Dave and Rose in the Troll universe now? Is that what happened at the tail end there?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

It was the White Queen's idea. The reason was never explicitly stated, but you can infer that they were attempting to destroy Jack's route to the Troll session, since that was his main goal upon reaching Earth. He rode a meteor there, then used the equipment in one of the labs to transport to the trolls right when they were about to win the game.
That reminds me...why exactly did Jack want to go to the Troll's session? Did we ever get a reason for that?

quote:

It's not clear if the queen knew this, but if she intended to defend the planet then it makes sense, since Jack needed to get outside of the universe in order to kill it.
Well, her role (and that of the rest of the Exiles) was supposed to be repopulating Earth (or preparing it for repopulation, I forget which). I'd imagine that'd be easier with the psycho-god trapped in another universe.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

In the part where it shows Sollux psychicing the hell out of the Trolls meteor, which Sollux is doing it?
Alive Sollux. He's wearing Fef's goggles.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

He needed an outside perspective so he could kill that croaky motherfucker froggy lightshow he's been aching to kill. When Karkat was telling Jade about the cancer he created he said it wasn't just like a disease that kills the body from the inside, it expresses itself in a form that leaves the body and then turns around and destroys it. That's what Jack is doing.

At first I thought it was just like, happenstance. Like he blunders into the troll session after maybe the kids banish him over there or something then he turns around and he's like oh poo poo it's that fukken frog better burst its fuckin eyeballs. But the flash indicates he was definitely planning to hop to the troll session by way of the teleporters shifting him through universes so he could kill a frog.
I always thought Jack got sent there by the kids; the overall Plan was to trap Jack in the Troll universe just before it folds in on itself, and get the trolls to the kid's universe where they'll be safe-ish.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

That's what Vriska said! But Kanaya explicitly brought up that example to try to get through to Vriska on a very important point. It's one of the key flaws of Vriska's character: she wilfully refuses to acknowledge the consequences of her own actions. When Vriska painfully trods on the dice lying around on her floor, she chooses to attribute it to cosmic forces of luck and dismisses Kanaya's more pragmatic assessment that this is a logical consequence of leaving her room such a mess. Vriska's worldview does not admit the possibility that her actions (being a slob) can have negative consequences (constantly stepping on painful dice); from a character perspective Kanaya's meddling was a way for her to try to address this broader flaw using a simple concrete example, from a story perspective this introductory conversation served to illustrate what would be one of Vriska's core failings.

This disconnect between actions and consequences comes up again and again. She demands in all earnestness that Tavros apologize to her for being crippled and expects that ghost Aradia will be grateful to her for getting Equius to build her a robot, choosing to remain oblivious to her own prominent role in creating these circumstances. It's why, ultimately, Terezi's attempts to reason with Vriska were doomed to fail--Vriska did not want to hear that she could possibly be responsible for anything bad, so her perfectly reasonable warning fell on deaf ears. It made her dream bubble scene particularly poignant, because it's perhaps the first time in the story that she's had to face consequences head on (apparently) without any way to weasel out of them.
I mentioned this in the last thread; central to Vriska's character is that nothing she does is her fault. Stepping on dice was bad luck, it was Tavros' fault he was such a wimp she had to shove him off the cliff, it was Aradia's and Terezi's faults she had to cripple them, it's lusus's fault she had to be a killer, and so on.

The alternate timeline/hypothetical future-reading Terezi did was really the only time that Vriska was in a situation where everything was undeniably her fault.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Whelp, didn't see that coming. I feel like I have to buy the Squiddles album now.

So the only ~ATH script left that hasn't been executed is the one Karkat wrote that executes when he dies, right?

There was LE's, which just executed; Sollux's Double Mobius Reacharound that kicked off the Troll's session; and Karkat's which (as far as we know) doesn't do anything.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

I don't think he's trapped in the sarcophagus- it's his timetravel method. He entered at the end of the Troll's universe, used his Cairo overcoat (a slang term for sarcophagus) to travel back to its beginning, where he can be all dastardly and poo poo.

Well, he has to at least go back an hour or so to grab Aradiancsector.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fortis posted:

Alright, so the LE/Plumbthroat connections don't make any sense, but I still think that Horrorterrors are mature and/or corrupted Universe Frogs, which would mean that Lord English is the one slaughtering them.

Wasn't it established a long time ago that LE was killing the Horrorterrors? Or am I misremembering?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I am honestly hoping we get some sylladex shenanigans here. I miss those.

e: Is that Mike Nelson as Indiana Jones over on the right there?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jake is my new favorite kid. :3:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Stupid Unfounded Theory: These kids will have some direct connection to the Denizens.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I suddenly still understand nothing.

I thought the Scratch would only reset the Kids' universe? If the Troll universe was separate, it shouldn't have been affected, right?

Unless there's a third universe...:psyduck:

For that matter, how would Her Condense take over Earth without the ability to travel between universes?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

Oh gently caress that's going to turn out to be a gift from Brokid or something. He's going to turn out to be a brony, isn't he?

If that happens, I just... I don't know. :smithicide:
Then we all get probated. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Somebody who takes his creepy fandom way, way too seriously and writes long, eloquent tracts about ponies and smuppets and the like?

kidBro is going to be this universe's Nepeta. With ponies AND smuppets.

e: God I hope Rose meets her teenage drunk mom.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 17, 2011

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

Okay, right off the bat, mysterious references to unspoken "purposes" always set off a lot of alarm bells. Even worse, though, we know what purposes universe A2 succeeded at. Way to be sinister, UU.

It doesn't seem that sinister to me...

A1 was the original Troll universe, which was scratched to make A2, which was the Troll universe we know and love. That universe made B1, which is the kids' universe, which was scratched to make B2, the new universe we're seeing now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It looks kinda like an upside-down pistol barrel.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh god...what if crabdad is this universe's Bec?

GOOD CRAB
BEST DAD

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Huh. Didn't see that coming.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

creationist believer posted:

It took me a moment to get what Hotpotato Butterfingers meant, but that's hilarious. Drop it like it's hot
Holy poo poo, I never would have picked up on that. I love "Ariadne's Threadspinner" too.

Pastrymancy posted:

Karkat is getting a bucket lobbed at his face. If that doesn't make for comedy gold in conversations I don't know what will.
I hope it happens when he's in the middle of a "NO SLOPPY ALIEN MAKEOUTS" rant. And that he sees John throwing it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Besides, it's not like it wasn't established early on that trolls are, as a race, a bunch of psychotic murderers who kill each other left and right even at the best of times.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

annatar posted:

I love the idea that Karkat just talks constantly.

I love the idea that the only way he could not talk was to hold his breath.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zorak posted:

And now he has three whole years to reflect on that fact, assuming his inability to keep everyone in line doesn't result in even more murders, just like everyone being left alone for a week-or-so before did.
I wonder if Karkat's going to try to stay awake for the full three years.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Spellman posted:

If only Kanaya stationed her pupils behind a pair of viewing spectacles.

Who even knows where she's looking now. She could be looking at you.

Now combine that with that dancing Kanaya gif from a while back and we're golden.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh god that was the funniest thing I've seen all week. :allears:

And will only be topped when Karkat sees John's edited note.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I assume it won't cut away just yet, as we'll probably get to see John's message (and Davesprite's doodles).

quote:

hi karkat!
sloppy makeouts
post-scratch universe
three years from now :B

Then comes the Vast Expletive, which rockets them to the new session.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hussie, you goddamn tease. You better not reveal the note when I'm at work. :argh:

Quotetype posted:

Hahahaha, Terezi covering her eyes is the best part of the latest update.
K4RK4T, G3T UP YOU 4R3 3MB4R4SS1ING M3 1N FRONT OF TH3 HUM4NS
TROLL JEGUS, W3 C4N'T T4K3 YOU 4NYWH3R3

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

but now jade says i have to finish quickly! she wants me to throw this bucket and its heartfelt payload through her mysterious portal.

Oh, John...you always know just what to say. :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So who has the ability to actually save WV? Karkat?

Nate RFB posted:

It makes me ridiculously happy that WV is not only probably going to make it, but join our main hero group :unsmith:

:unsmith::respek::unsmith:

I really really hope WV gets better and gets the queen's ring in "WV: Rise Up".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kit Walker posted:

To me, it looked like a Cruxite Artifact. The thing you have to use/break to get into the Medium.

It looked like she was throwing Mutie through a 4th Wall to me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh goddammit Jack!

You know, I was just thinking after the curtains closed, "wait, does this mean there's another Jack?" I didn't want to be right. :(

Wait, what the hell is he doing on Prospit?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, I cannot wait for the new kids to meet the trolls, just to see drunkMom try to type their names.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There is no way now that UU isn't the B2 version of Karkat, and I for one cannot wait for them to meet.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

People keep linking to older Hussie comics but nobody has mentioned Humanimals? What the heck

http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Blurbs&blurb=h&cid=blurbs/00047-h.gif

...what the gently caress am I reading?

...why the gently caress can't I stop reading it?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is it weird that I want DD to take Jack's place in this universe now?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I can't wait until she tries to explain this to Roxy.

duh derpity bluh

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

She has redeemed herself amazingly well by crashing and burning spectacularly.

You cannot beat Jane Crocker in a friendzoning-yourself off.

She is simply the best there is.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I really hope one of these guys is this universe's WV. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So that's Not-Vriska and Not-Fef so far.

So what's the current popular theory? That these are the troll ancestors from before they made the deal with Doc Scratch?