Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Huh. This is the first new troll that's not wearing the Sufferer's symbol.

What does it mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

That makes sense; I wouldn't be surprised if uu and UU turned out to be the same person.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Factory Factory posted:

I'm not sure if I saw this question resolved, but Hussie's done some Tumblr updatin', including the source of the Sawtooth and Squarewave image on Dirk's PC.
Is she on the art team? Cause drat.

Also:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Boo! More Clunky Teenaged Romance poo poo!

(seriously this is starting to get really annoying really fast)

I can't wait to see Karkat's new shipping chart. :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:neckbeard: WV is gonna Rise Up!

e: also Eridan's pantaloons.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

haruspex posted:

My greatest hope is that WV will now interact with Karkat in a callback to his interactions with John, perhaps involving a literal cat-car.

DO THE BLOODY THING

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh my god. WV is back, Can Town lives again, AND the best Karkat recursive memo ever.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Since they are all dumb teenagers brimming with strange alien hormones and FEELINGS, there is an omnipresent danger of asteroidcest-related fallout, though. "Asteroidcest" is a word which here means "getting romantically involved with one of a few people you are stuck on an asteroid with for a long period of time, possibly resulting in unavoidable resentment and awkwardness if you gently caress it up like a dumb teenager and thereafter have to keep hanging around them anyway because you are both STUCK ON AN ASTEROID." Like what's going on with Karkat's Feelings Jam.

I can't wait until the Year 2 update where everyone is ready to loving kill each other and going stir crazy.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dave doesn't seem to be as quick-witted in person in a face-to-face situation as he was behind a keyboard when he has time to think.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The only thing that would make this fight that's about to happen better would be either Dave or Karkat angrily accidentally letting some private FEELINGS confession someone else made to them.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, poor Dave. If it's not his Bro burying him in plush rumps, it's Karkat setting up a schedule for a romantic triangle.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh my god. I cannot imagine how this could get any better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I would play the poo poo out of a Ghostbusters II MMO. And so would all of you and you know it.

I love that even though they're only playing with consorts and chess people, someone's still asking "a/s/l?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lord of Laughton posted:

haha... one of the players is asking a/s/l. 1 day/male white carapace/battleship.

nak/nak/nak

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Colon V posted:

John was always kind of a dick to Dave. Maybe it's his way of showing he's comfortable around her? I mean, they've been hanging out pretty much non-stop for a year, they're teenagers, and they're siblings. Some ribbing and insults are to be expected.
Not to mention that they really don't have anyone else to talk to besides each other. They've got to be getting pretty sick of each other by now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I think John's keeping it together because he's the friendleader and he thinks he has to stay strong for everyone else. So he just acts like everything's fine. "Dad's dead, but I'm going to talk about flying so I don't start crying in front of Karkat when I have important stuff to do." "Oh, that girl I was talking to a lot and we liked each other? I'm sure she doesn't remember me, so I'm going to pretend I don't remember her."

I think the first time John is alone alone, he's going to just break down. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jazu posted:

Y'all be shippin'.

Seriously, this does make sense. How much would you really make of talking to someone over the internet for a few hours in the middle of all that?

Remember that a large part of John's personality is that he is pretty much everybody's friend and that he cares a lot about people. I wouldn't put it past him that he's going to pretend that he didn't really care that much about Vriska, because he thinks she won't remember him, so he's going to act like it's not a big deal so she doesn't look like a jerk or anything.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't think Eridan's death was "anti-climactic".

Unless you were an internet Nice Guy who identified with him...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Troll blood pressure is clearly orders of magnitude higher then the human equivalent.

What, liquids don't compress very much at all under pressure? gently caress you.
It'd pretty much have to be...Vriska got her arm and eye blown up and it didn't seem to have much of an effect beyond "woo, gettin' a little light headed here!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

piemanmoo posted:

If Rose, Vriska, and Aranea all were Light players who reached God Tier, why is Aranea the only one who displayed healing abilities? Shouldn't Rose have been able to heal WV without waiting for a dead Witch of Life to do it for her?
I'd wager that a healer of Light is more about mental healing than physical (as evidenced by how she's helping Terezi work through her feelings of guilt.)

Plus "restoring sight" would probably be within Light's purview anyway (and I think is the first time Light is used in its usual definition rather than the weird "luck" thing I still don't get.)

e:

Cabbit posted:

Maybe. I think it's far more likely that healing isn't the exclusive purview of Life, it just has a higher predilection towards it as an element. If you happened to have a session with, say, a Prince of Life (which would, presumably, just destroy life in some sort of horrible biological sideshow of terror and mindfuck) you might need one of the other elements to step in as a healer.
That makes sense; it's established that anyone can revive another player via corpsesmooch, but only Feferi's been seen to bring someone back who's not a player.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FewtureMD posted:

I started working on a thing: Fiasco:Homestuck Edition
(Work VERY much in progress.)

This is very much relevant to my interests. You need a fourth category, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Sorely disappointed there was not a :getin: option for choosing Gamzee as a guide.

"Behold Codpiece? y/n"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

He obviously rigged the coffee machine on the meteor.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alternately, you can use the links from the RSS feed. Those are showing up normally.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Android Blues posted:

I bet Eridan's dreambubbles aren't exactly filled with friends and new love.

Given that he killed the "daughter" of one of the horrorterrors, I'd pretty much guarantee it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was going to say they'd pretty much have to be, since only Vriska hit God Tier, but then I remember Gamzee and I don't know what to think anymore.

Was it ever "confirmed" that Vriska was the only one who hit God Tier during the session? I could have sworn she said she was the only one who did it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speleothing posted:

They're probably only a couple ounces - like those 5-Hour Energies. How else are you supposed to quaff one in a single minor action?

"You drink the INDIGO POTION. You are Horny (save ends)."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Not only did Gamzee create an affront to man, god, nature, and fandom; he's also sober and blurry again. Somehow, that's more terrifying.

QuoProQuid posted:

Am I the only person that liked both Vriska and Tavros?

Nope, I liked them both too. That's what makes this so hilarious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

That was...weird.

At least Gamzee's catching some unreal air.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Waffnuffly posted:

I'm a little disappointed it ended so soon, but poo poo it was funny either way.

I'm impressed that it lasted just long enough for people to draw the horrifying conclusions of the whole merged-personalities-and-souls thing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

So far, the only kid that we've seen in a dream bubble is Beta John, right?

We saw a Beta Dave, too. He was hanging out with DeadTavros.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tollymain posted:

E: Oh yeah I had a reason for coming to the thread here. Concerning Sburb RPG chat, I think modifying Old School Hack would probably have really good results. It's rules-light, and has a points mechanic that literally runs of of funny/awesome things happening.

I think you'd be better off looking at Danger Patrol; you could use the "pick a style, that gives you abilities; pick a role, that gives you other abilities" creation mechanic for the "Job of Thing" Sburb-style classes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Look at how thoughtful and considerate Jack is. We could all learn a lot from his example.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't know if posting fanart here is cool since the PYF thread seems to have dropped into the archives, but...

Time is the fire in which we burn.

source with larger

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

tinaun posted:

It's right here.

Huh. For some reason I thought it faded out.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I am uncomfortable in the best way possible.

Dolash posted:

What is ultimately the more important, driving narrative purpose of Homestuck, Comedy or Drama?

The shipping. How ironic it is indeed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So...is Jane on Derse and on her planet at the same time?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The issue isn't that the kids are dead (since we all know they have extra lives and such).

The issue is that they're all down at the same time at a point where they're all supposed to be getting each other into the Medium. And even if Shrodinger's Roxy isn't dead, one of her lathe-related devices definitely got destroyed, so that screws up the who entry sequence too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Actually, no - look at the panel again: the miles burst in next to the totem lathe without wrecking it.

I thought one of the other devices got wrecked? It's hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Only The Escapist would think that "fans of something make fanart" is a big deal. :allears: