Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

This is the cost of having no less than 10 computers on me at any given time all f5ing in unison. Jade doomed us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Skepsist posted:

I AM CRYING IN REAL LIFE

Change thread title to this, thx mods.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Zorak posted:

Except maybe Vriska, since she already blew her chance at second life. WHOOPS.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they'll probably just burst her bubble. Death and rebirth are being handed out like cheap cigars these days. Case in point: This update saw no less than 9 deaths and no more than 3 rebirths. Plus two entire universes kind of exploded. There isn't much that is impossible in Homestuck.

But thinking about it from more of a narrative perspective, I am fairly certain the trolls that are already dead will stay that way. It doesn't make much sense to bring back, say, Equius or Nepeta for any reason other than to sell a couple more god tier hoodies. And that would be silly.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Oh, and PM is going to lose to Jack, since this Jack still needs to go off and kill a bunch of trolls. Should be a neat fight though.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

CidGregor posted:

Nah, he did all that already, wrecking the kids' universe with Red Miles is the LAST thing Jack did on his timeline before PM showed up.

There must be some time fuckery involved then. We saw Jack jump into the meteor immediately after putting Jade on her death bed, in which he brooded in a flower until eventually being released and unleashing hell on a the future wanderers. Either he hadn't quite got around to stabbing trolls yet, or there's some mechanic to the flowers I'm not understanding.

Dominic White posted:

Dog Tier

I like this a lot.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

At the end of the human session's timeline, Jack caught a meteor back to Earth's past, where he jumped into the time capsule. He came to the troll session after murdering all the Earth exiles except PM. There he did all of the required planet destroying and troll/frog murdering, while back on Earth PM dragged corpses around to bury or something; eventually WV dropped the ring, and she put it on and followed Jack, who had just killed a frog and was watching the lab meteor head for the green sun.

Right, okay, this makes sense. The part I forgot was that he used the mechanisms in WV's (for lack of better phrasing) giant can of soup immediately after murdering WV, which took him to the Troll universe.

VVVV Wait, we aren't the rabid fans?

Skepsist posted:

I AM CRYING IN REAL LIFE

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 25, 2011

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Hey, guys.

Look what I found.

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/homestuck-vol-8

Goddammit, I needed to sleep tonight!

WELP,

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Gonna go ahead and listen to Davesprite on loop until a full version of Penumbra Phantasm is available.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

You know what rocks about this? Postwoman versus dog.

It always seems so simple in retrospect.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

You know what my first thought was when I saw Dave's Godtier outfit? Cape? Mask-like dark thing covering his eyes? gently caress me, he's the goddamned Batman. He's gone Bat-tier..

Dark Knight of Time

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

There's "the sun is OK at the end of it all" and then there's "being the origin of the problem in the first place."

They are very different things. Yes, there is a silver lining, no, that doesn't mean the plan didn't go really horribly wrong.

But if we follow the Vriska school of thought though, this is way better!!!!!!!!

Besides, if the were gone, what the heck would we see for the next two acts? Troll funeral ghost orgy and bad movie marathon?

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 26, 2011

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ice_Mallet posted:

Wasn't Dream Cal able to move by himself? Is that a property of Derse/Dave's fear or can Cal actually do that wherever? Just a part that confused me.

Cal can only move when nobody is looking at him. :unsmigghh:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Seoinin posted:

So does that mean he's the one killing the horrorterrors? But aren't they outside the universe?

Technically, so is everyone and everything else. Both universes exploded.

Tw1tchy posted:

As my friend pointed out. Look what's on the ground http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005109

:gonk:
That's some pretty impressive foreshadowing, but how far back can we take it?

See also: The wolf's head.

Talorat posted:

I thought the troll's universe was destroyed in the EOA5 flash. How is it still around?
Stop thinking of time as a linear thing, because it stopped being that a long time ago.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 2, 2011

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So Lord English came out of Doc Scratch who was born from some code representing and Lil Cal, who was created by Gamzee's psychic rage into Dave's brain, which is extremely expensive. Hence, the most important character in Homestuck wasn't just Lil Cal or Gamzee, it was both of them.

Also this tends to imply Lil Cal is a universal constant. Which is something we all knew in our hearts to be true all along.

Edit: Also if we want to follow this even further back, Gamzee's rage was caused by Dave, who infuriated him using a sick youtube sent by Betty Crocker, who was doing the will of Lord English. Bang, stable time loop. Lord English is his own daddy, but also so is Dave, Gamzee and Cal.

Edit2: Another thought:

Factory Factory posted:

^ implies some relation to Gamzee/the Subjugglators, be it prophecy, direct, or possibly an influence from L'il Cal
You'll remember that Doc Scratch was the one who guided the troll race to be as bloodthirsty as they were post-scratch. So yes, confirmed influence from Cal English himself.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 2, 2011

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

His head reminds me of Jigsaw

I wonder if he will ask someone if they "want to play a game?"

Huh, this guy looks familiar.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

In case you guys haven't pieced it together, the reason Jane is a huge fan of Betty Crocker is because Betty Crocker is no longer the cruel troll empress, but the benevolent one from a scratched reality.

You know w)(o I'm talking about.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The very fact that you called him Poppop tells me you're not ready.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

UU was already used to represent a character, since way back in, I don't know, act 4 or so? It was Bec. Please note my evidence.

NextTime000 posted:

My guess for Bro's name?

Dave Strider.

Perfect.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Two more days of this, then cut to D___ Strider alchemizing cool swag.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I don't think Karkat's blood powers are going to be able to save WV. Remember, he's a Knight class, which, as Aradia just mentioned, is a combat-oriented role. Maybe a Slyph or Bard could be considered a support class?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So, if these are life powers, why is Feferi so dead? Hussie really dropped the ball this time. :colbert:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

My mom's name is Rona. God I hope it's not that, I would flip my poo poo.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

She's literally having a friendship aneurysm.

drat that's an old reference..

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

That's not likely.

I also would have accepted "I can't see that happening."