Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Remember doc scratch said that there are two ways to ascend to god tier. Someone or someones will be going god tier in this flash. Potentially all kids/trolls by the time the comic ends, judging from the WP finery site.

Tuesday will be a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Oh dear. Andrew disabled his formspring.

Hopefully only to sort through the likely gigantic amount of questions/spam accumulated over the last two months.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Well, just watched it after an 8 hour work day of anticipation. My thoughts before I read through the 700+ pages of posts.

- So many heartbreaking moments. I think Sollux killing(?) himself to get his crew out of the universe takes the cake.
- It took a second watch through to realize what the hell Jade was doing with the planets. She's taking them into the new universe. Just like she promised her Denizen. :psyduck:
- WV getting impaled by Jack's hand was pretty brutal and so :(. RIP Mayor.
- Glad to see Gamzee is alive at time 0 and onwards. He needs to redeem himself for the poo poo he did.
- I knew (made a good or obvious guess) someone would go to God Tier in this flash. I just never thought it would be all other 3 kids.
- There's some amazing art. I think the ones that stood out most for me are Dave/Rose looking at each other next to the Tumor or Jadesprite looking at Davesprite.

I'm so envious of past me, he gets to see it all over again fresh.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I was all ready to buy some merch after the Space hoodie was announced, but then he had the nerve to add those 12 boxes and damnit, now I can't until I see them all.

Speaking of hogwash, I was reading some posts about Aradia, and the comments that she is English's minion. No way! Either Aradia has some info that we don't know yet and knows, like Feferi, that everything will be OK, or...

Aradia is the Handmaid. Just.. younger.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I just had a good laugh thinking of how, of all people, FedoraFreak, a throw away name of a dude with a penchant for urine, found his way into a sburb session, found a quest bed and died on it. It's just so absurd.

Can't wait to get back to some regular updates. We're now in unknown territory, minus any future flashbacks.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

So, the device that was in the Tumor created the Green Sun upon detonation. Does each tube physically contain each universe? The flash seems to indicate so, but it's kind of strange. This would mean that the frog that Bec Noir destroys, and even the entire troll incipisphere, is actually in the red tube, and the troll universe frog and the incipisphere that created it be in the blue tube?

Bah. Hussie, always raising more questions than answering.

By the way, maybe an obvious guess, but the kids will have a successful session eventually and create the troll universe.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Hey, I'm not sure if this was pointed out yet, but remember the most important character in Homestuck? Well, as we saw in the flash, there's another character watching simultaneously.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I can't stop watching Cascade. The whole section from Rose and Dave going into Derse until zooming in on Alternia and Slick/Snowman's showdown is fantastic. The art, animation and music during the splitting of the tumor evoke this feeling of how alien what they (and we) are witnessing.

I guess that would be my easy mode response. Hard mode, off the top of my head, Dave and Equius' rap battle.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

So I just spent the last half hour reading through Xamag's Tumblr. Man, is she talented.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

So if LE only just emerged, does that mean that the LE that we see here is an LE later on his personal timeline from the moment he emerged from Scratch? drat time poo poo.

I'm hope we find out more about English and get some background on this fella, rather than just him being a dude that always existed and eats universes for now reason.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Calling it now. That photo of HD and NB and MK on Jane's wall will be the cover for Problem Sleuth book 3.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Random thought, but I kind of hope we find out why the Troll session has two separate sets of ruins instead of one like the kids do. Yeah their session is 'bifurcated' but I'd like to know why. And sollux's has two dream selfs. And why Aradia's was already dead.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

My god this thread is moving fast. 500 posts over the weekend. It's probably already been mentioned already, but I think it's pretty clear or at the very least possible that Jane and Jake are literally Nanna and Grandpa from the original kids' universe, and likely Mom and Bro too. Nanna mentions how John ascended the echeladder much faster than she did as a child. Also, when DD is looking at the monitors when he's about to create Bec, it isn't really specific what universe he is looking into.

I can't wait to see Mom. Gotta love those Lalondes. I also like that Bro will be typing in perfect punctuation and capitalization, just like Jane and Jake are well punctuated and capitalized if not with necessarily good grammar unlike John and Jade.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Just to be different, I'm gonna guess Dean Strider and Rena Lalonde.

Man, if all the new kids' intros are going to be this lengthy, we may be another month at least until we have a glimmer of hope in seeing the OG kids/trolls again :(. Good thing the content we are getting still owns.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Mom said "p sure". Love it.

I still think the Jane/Jake/teen Mom/teen Bro from the new session later becomes Nanna/Grandpa/Mom/Bro that we all are familiar with, and that John/Rose/Dave/Jade end up becoming Poppop/Grandma/teen Mom's mom/teen Bro's bro. The reason SBaHJ exists in the new universe is because Dave made it to the new session, saw a void in the movie market, and filled it.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I mentioned this before, but I haven't really seen anyone else talk of this as a possibility, but does it seem to anyone else that the new kids are literally Grandpa, Nanna, Bro and Mom? IE, the B1 Sburb session spawned all 8 of them; 4 of them went to universe B1 and the other 4 went to universe B2, and after playing the B2 Sburb session, end up finishing their lives in the other 'B' universe that they were not originally sent to. Or maybe the aftermath will change pending new info from the comic, but this just seems obvious to me, and is perfectly in line with Homestuck's themes of time loops and double mobius reacharounds.

Only hiccup I can think of is when Nanna tells fedorafreak that the young girl never saw the boy again. Which in itself is vague enough to be either her or a separate reset Jane.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I love how these A1/A2/B1/B2 terms for the four known universes have become so widely adopted. It's not even a bad thing. Makes referring to these instances much easier.

Anyone in the loop know when the new books are going to be announced/available on topatoco?

Edit: VVV I fully expect something like that to happen, either 'A' universe.

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 24, 2011

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Hah. totally called the cover of PS book 3. I think it's high time to finally buy some MSPA stuff.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

My inner sperg dislikes the fact that the t-shirt colors are significantly different than their hoodie counterparts.

Zutaten posted:

The Void symbol is the space between the spiral arms of the Space symbol. That's pretty clever.

Wasn't sure I liked the Void symbol. I saw it as lazy, just taking an existing symbol and just cutting out part of it, but your observation has changed my mind.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Feferi was awesome. The saddest update was when she died :(. And then Kanaya. It was a sad few days.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

We already know Jane is awake on Prospit. I bet that she will awaken inside the session. What this means in terms of prototyping and her planet... that is a good question.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Hussie's a jokester, and I wouldn't change that, but is there any commentary in the book that isn't of a humorous nature? I realize Act 1 is still in the comic's prime and is very gag oriented, but I'd be interested in any serious thoughts he had about the comic's direction.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Thanks for the info. A definite buy now. Before it was only 99%.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

This panel of all the dead characters is mesmerizing. Also, it finally confirms that Nepeta is dead. :downs:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Zoolooman posted:

They have five planets to explore filled with denizens and life.

No, they're pretty much stuck on the ship unless they jump off. Jade even said first guardian powers have no effect in this gap between dimensions. Therefore she can't shrink/expand the planets, herself or John. Maybe if they had a microscope

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Yeah, this is all true. Forgot she had independent powers now other than the ones from Bec. :shobon: Although, we still don't really know if god tier powers work in Hussbot dimension. Chalk it up to RAFO I guess.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I'm still waiting for a callback to that scene between Karkat and Jack. I would be so happy if the meeting between John and Karkat is a callback to that scene.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

Mark my words, sollux hits the sun, killing all the trolls on the lab and systematically god tiering them all.

This would be rad as hell. And it makes sense... Aradia Dave and Rose were all 'touched' in some manner by the green sun just before they god tiered. One could arguably say that's all you need, and that the quest beds are something else.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Those scalemates are really good. Nice job!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I just realized that in troll society, 'best friend' is completely different from 'moirail', although they are quite similar by our standards. Makes Karkat's comment about him and Gamzee when he was talking to John make sense. Also why he can call Sollux his BFFE with Gamzee standing right next to him.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Karkat's shtick can never run thin with me. :allears:

The best part about this update is Karkat trying to find the leader, so he can be completely useless like his friends were when he was leader.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Now that HS books are back in stock at Topatoco, I'm ready to place an order. Anyone in Canada ever get anything imported from them and have any idea what the duty fees are like?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

25 dollars cheapest shipping method. :negative: The price I pay for having all four MSPA books I guess and to be able to pretend I'm STRONG...

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Lalonde family for life!

For a while I thought bro's name would be Dave as well... since it would be ironic.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

DiStri is cool and all.. but I really hope we get to see adult B1 kids in this universe. Especially Rose. :allears:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I love how the derse and prospit papers simply describe the deaths of the kids as DEAD.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Roxy is really well drawn in that last page. Good stuff Huss. Love those Lalondes.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

That update owned, I love hearing about the classes. I also recognized the symbol on UU's sleeve, but I had just assumed that the other half of the sufferer's sign were hidden from sight, ie, against the table.

Those would be some rad cufflinks though.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

So, I'm not entirely sure why, but I've found myself watching end of act 5 reaction videos on youtube. I get a genuine kick out of watching people get amazed at the various landmines in the flash (WV getting impaled, exiles dying, god tier jade/rose/dave, sollux, etc) and the various emotions the viewers go through. One of my favorites was of two girls who were pretty much completely silent the entire time because they were so amazed and absorbed with what was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I'm torn. On the one hand, I loving love the design of the Light hoodies, the symbol and the colors, but I think it would look like poo poo on me. Space is pretty solid though.

I dreamt last night about Homestuck. It was revealed that the new session actually had two prospits and derses; this is not taking into account the propit and derse arriving from the original kids session (even though they are basically destroyed). I love Homestuck dreams.