Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
There will definitely (likely) be 4 new Lands in the new session. I didn't think anyone could forget that 8-planet incipisphere from the lab way back when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I think it's pretty interesting that the A1/A2/B1/B2 terms for the universes have been given canon status. I wonder if the letters and numbers will mean something besides the obvious designations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Maybe it's the crowbar, but did anyone else get a Felt vibe from these dudes?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Dirk your level of coolness highly depends on plugging in that window on the double.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Thanks to whoever posted that precision f strike blog. Been reading it today and the tears I've shed over hearing her reactions to this comic and have been numerous. After a year and a half I still can't get over how amazing homestuck is.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

For some reason it didn't occur to me till this update that the girl troll that Jake saw, Mindfang/Vriska or otherwise, was dead. Cause his dreamself is dead and he was in dream bubble land.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Except they are lacking pupils, which has been a telltale sign for people who are dead.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I'm very happy that the recent introduction of "punk condence" has generated so much new Feferi art on ib.skaia.net. Pages and pages of it!

On the other hand, sigh, another puase.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

So, how about that Vriska? What a huge bitch!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Walliard posted:

I just realized the best part of this: 6.3 is likely going to begin with Jane's Medium intro flash. Not gonna lie, those are some of my favorite pages. :dance:

Agreed. The introduction of new landscapes to explore gives such a sense of wonder. I love LOLAR's intro, but that's pretty obvious (avatar).

Can't wait for tomorrow's updates!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Don't worry though, the kids will show up well before the end of the entire act.

I've been thinking that the kids would finally make it into the new session on April 13th. 4/13, exactly three years after their own session started.

This makes a lot of sense and I was thinking the same thing. That would likely mean that A2I2 will have to be a month long and cover the span of 2 years (1 for John/Jade and 1 for Dave/Rose/Trolls?), but that could feel a bit strange, because the intermission would end on 4/13 just as the gang enters the new session and we'd switch back over to the B2 kids.

Ah whatever. Karkat memos!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Not an Owl posted:

The fact that the alpha timeline is alpha because it is the timeline that allows the birth/death of Doc Scratch and the creation of Lord English leads to some horrifying implications. Mainly, how can anybody succeed in killing and defeating Lord English without it becoming a beta timeline?

I always thought that the alpha timeline was the timeline that is supposed to have happened, ie, everything that happens is fated to happen, and if it doesn't it's a beta. Maybe the the comic says otherwise elsewhere, but I'm hoping this is the case.

I'm really hoping the comic doesn't end back at A1 trolls' universe for a restarting of the loop. Venture into undiscovered country, Homestuck!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Unfortunately there is precedence of these graphics being in the main comic outside of an imminent flash. Dave prior to talking to Gamzee, Equius and Terezi, and Rose prior to talking to Nepeta, Eridan and Aradia.

It would definitely be rad though to walk around the same areas Alterniabound but 1 year later after (supposedly) Kanaya redecorated.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Man, the person modeling Roxy's shirt is wearing it so well. That pink is a wicked colour and having it the shoulders is particularly snazzy. And it matches her fingernails! If that design was yours Hussie... well done.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

haha... one of the players is asking a/s/l. 1 day/male white carapace/battleship.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I can understand Karkat tiptoeing around telling John that Vriska had died, but does Jade even know about her? Vriska never spoke to her as far as I can remember so she may not have any clue who she is, unless Karkat (or I guess another troll) mentioned her to Jade. Which is possible, but then how would Jade make the connection between John's 'that troll girl' and the troll Karkat hypothetically spoke of? Or maybe because of dog-tier powers she knows all? Eh. Minor detail.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I think that even though Aradia (and Sollux for that matter) isn't with the party right now, she is still being considered part of the party. I thought it was pretty clear that it was the Condense, even if it wasn't said outright. She is the only other troll we know who is alive.

So, because of Aranea's (a troll) description to Terezi (another troll) of a cardiovasculatory system, can we assume trolls have similar biology? Obviously not the same reproduction methods but I found it odd how Aranea talked about a human body to a fellow alien.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Someone's been posting fan art of the Digimon kids God Tier garb and the digimon as kernelsprites. It's pretty great. And it just struck me how similar HS and Digimon is in terms of being the heroes of a particular aspect.

I also am really looking forward to seeing fanart of Meenah/Aranea/Kanaya in god tier garb now that they have defined aspects and classes to use as reference.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

If Hussie does die, I hope a nice big DEAD. appears next to bis green bullet riddled body. :allears:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

This set of updates can mean a couple things:

1) It is an april fools joke, but I don't really believe this is the case,
2) Hussie's death is real and updates will resume at its current pace,
3) Hussie's death is real and we're about to go on a 2 week hiatus while he makes a flash for 4/13. We've seen some pretty significant flashes after the deaths of important characters: John (RISE UP) and Jade (Cascade) for instance.

Either way, Hussbot is still alive, and judging from his location near the end/start of act curtains he is the story master and will remain like that until LE comes for him.

I guess option 4: I'm way overthinking this.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Color Printer posted:

Pretty sure his head's been ripped off.

Edit: Also I just realized that the latest GIF is designed to not loop. Eerie. Or maybe it just takes a long while :v:

Must have missed that one. :ohdear:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Happy 4/13 :unsmith:

Things I'm particularly looking forward to this act:

- new prototypings; we know that there will be no prototypings before the new kids enter the medium, but that doesn't rule out afterwards. They still have the kernelsprite after all (come on poppopsprite come on poppopsprite).
- new lands; possibly imminently, and maybe throughout
- more uu and UU exposition

Can't listen to the album till tonight though. :(

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Wow. I had not gotten the Lomax reference. That made me laugh. Amazing flash. That's all I can really say. Some pretty interesting lore too.

Also, from the album, WV: Become Mayor of Can Town is probably my favorite. Doesn't really fit WV's personality but pretty cool tune.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I hope you guys are wrong about the LOPAN LOMAX and LOTAK names. Just because if it does turn out to be those names it'll spoil for me the updates of when they're introduced. One of my favorite parts of the flash was the fading in of the Land of Crypts and Helium text along with the sweeping vistas of how the crypts and helium play into tie into the landscape, but now I'll be expecting the rest of the lands to have the naming that has been reasonably theorized.

Love the thread but it's hard to read sometimes. :shobon:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I honestly think this is real Gamzee that we all know and sometimes love. Remember that Gamzee has been missing from the meteor ever since Dave/Rose and the trolls left the green sun. It's entirely possible Gamzee left shortly for whatever reason after leaving the green sun and due to the weird time bending properties of paradox space wound up in the new Incipisphere before his pals arrived. Doesn't explain the god tier outfit though.

Doesn't make this update any less :stare: though.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

There is no :stare: big enough for what happened. I love it.

So I imagine Gamzee's going to somehow go through the gates in order to get to the next planets with his next round of corpse prototyping. I agree with Nepeta/Equius/Eridan/Feferi getting prototyped some way or another, but I'm not sure about Sollux. On the one hand Gamzee does have a corpse of him, since he's making mustard potions, but Sollux is also alive back with Aradia at the Green Sun. I guess it would fit his character to have two living selves.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Kind of a random thought but I really miss Hussie's Q&A time :( Not sure why he decided to slow down on it.. I guess cause he could be more productive with his empire and business. Sigh. At least there's Gunnerkrigg's formspring that's still active.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

The gears were spinning in my head when Vriska mentioned the orange guy in the first page. I briefly wracked my brain to think of who she was referring to (Dirk? Davesprite?). When I turned the page and found out it was Hussie I burst out laughing.

I'm pretty excited for this act. It's looking like the focus is moving away from just the B2 kids and may be visiting more of the characters more frequently.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Words cannot express how badly I want to see proper drawings of mom-Rose Lalonde and all adult versions of B1 kids.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

MSPaintadventures.com posted:

I will go to some this year. You should come too. First two on the list, and only ones set in stone for now are:

Toronto Comic Arts Festival - May 5th - 6th

San Diego Comic Con - July 12th - 15th

I'll have specific signing times for both events, but I don't know exactly when those times will be yet! I will let you know when I do.

If only Hussie was going to toronto one week later, I might have been able to go. But this is cool news. Is this his first comic con? Isn't San Diego the big mommy wommy of comic cons? Either way, means he's doing pretty good for himself, I think.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

This is Homestuck, and it is chock full of reacharounds and loops. While this update gives us hope that Jake was named/dressed according to LE rather than LE inheriting his appearance and name from Jake, it is still entirely possible given the knowledge we have or lack thereof that:

- Jade took the name of English and shaped her technology based on the demon Lord English...
- ... who is called English and has a skull shaped head thanks to being created somehow via Jake...
- ... who has last name English and a skull shaped computer thanks to grandma Jade...
- ... who took the name of English and shaped her technology based on the demon Lord English...

And so on.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I can't see anything but an afro on Mom Rose, personally.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I'm not fully convinced yet that we will be seeing red miles in B2 yet. We no way of knowing if the bilious slick the trolls made is the same for B1 and B2, even if it is somewhat supported by the meteors having been duplicated.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

We don't know anything in Homestuck unless it was stated explicitly by some character with actual knowledge (Doc Scratch, trolls watching the kids' timeline, etc) or until we see it, so until this happens, red miles happening in B2 is a big question mark. There are good arguments for both sides, but nothing conclusive.

Minor nitpick, but I don't think Aradia summoned or 'pulled' her alternate selves fro the beta timelines; I think rather each beta Aradia travelled back in time after realizing they were in a beta timeline. Aradia would have had to have come to a decision at some point after becoming a robot to travel back in time and help the alpha timeline if she ever found herself in a beta.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Treestuck is going to flip her poo poo when Jack impales WV in Cascade.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

What really got to me was that Equius was actually happy when he died. Not because he was happy THAT he was dying, he was happy in the way he was going out.

I miss that guy.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

That's kind of interesting. UU is in a yellow (Prospit) dress, but her body is in a purple (Derse) room. This could mean many things depending on which theory of uu/UU is correct.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Please WV have a speaking part. Please WV have a speaking part. Please WV have a speaking part.

Seriously, if WV somehow gets his own lines in the dialoglog I will be so happy.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

The shout out to Nepetaquest was great. But I really need more updates stat. Representatives from A1/A2/B1/B2 all together... all that's missing is uu/UU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Radio Paranoia posted:

I was thinking another Jack.

Same. The meteors going through the portal in the original B1 incipisphere seem to be doubling up. Jack left via a meteor while in the capsule.

But I can only imagine how hosed up poo poo is going to be with two omnipotent Jacks running around.