Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Is it just me or I that ring getting bigger? I feel like it was smaller when I first saw it yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

4 days is nothing. Feb had 28 days which makes it seem longer than it really is.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I fully expect for this cherub exposition to go nowhere and get interrupted by something. Either way it's going to be great!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I think part of the large amount of homestuck cosplayers is due to the fact that, relatively speaking, the costumes are generally quite easy to make. Most of the characters have normal clothes which are easy to assemble and bam, there's your costume. Add grey body paint and paper mâché horns if you're a troll.

Has there been any photos of people cosplaying as Lord English? I'd love to know if someone had made that cloak, complete with sky blue inner lining.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I find the statement that "cherubs were never meant to play Sburb" curious. From everything we've seen so far, one of the bigger mysteries in the comic is Sburb/Sgrub itself. It never struck me as a game that just anyone could pick up and play. We have the other Gamefaq writers but since no one seemed to have ever finished or at least continued the document they were writing except Rose, I'm guessing they never entered the medium and continued their own adventure.

For the people who have played, it always seemed that they were destined to play by paradox space. If that's true then one can assume that whatever version Caliborn is playing means he too was destined to play.. directly contradicting Aranea's statement.

A lot of assumptions here but that's my feeling. Can't complain about the info dumps. I love info dumps.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Pirate Feferi :swoon::love:. So glad to see her again.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I'm international (Canada) and still not a peep on my 185 Slick/mspafunpaks yet but that post is reassuring. I've wondered for awhile if maybe they were going in alphabetical order and that's why it was taking so long (last name starts with Z. Being last to be called for things... Story of my life.) but I guess not!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Uhh. Are you guys simply not caught up? We already know for a fact that WV is alive. We saw him governing Can Town with Dave on the meteor and being healed by alternate universe god tier Feferi...

Edit: never mind. Misread the point of discussion.

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 13, 2013

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Who did the art for the flash with Yaldaboath? It's pretty drat good. It doesn't strike me as something Hussie drew (not cause he stinks at drawing!).

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I saw the update and, after frowning over how short and empty it was, frowned further as I figured too that her bloodshot eyes should be teal.

Then I later came to the thread and found out I missed the most important part. Can't wait for the next update now.

Regarding the eye color thing though I guess it makes sense. We never really saw another troll with coloured eyes since most trolls we se are kids, and kid trolls don't develop eye color till they are older.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I loved Dave's usage of frontways when referring to the chair.

Not liking those comments about Gamzee though. I've always held out hope that he would try to redeem himself after killing the beat character in Homestuck, and I still do but... Karkat and Terezi's words make me less hopeful for that.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

This was a great update and all but I just wish Feferi would speak like a normal person again.

God drat is that a great outfit though.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I cannot BELIEVE it took me this long to finally realize why they were called 'the Felt'. The whole pool association thing.

I'm so so dumb :doh:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I think it's interesting that the troll universe got absorbed by the Green Sun when it got destroyed. Is the Green Sun essentially the "universe graveyard"? Does it gain strength with each universe absorbed? Who knows!

But yeah these updates own. I would totally read a Hussie MC/Felt adventure. He'll I'd read a Hussie anything at this point.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I'm still impatiently waiting for both my slick and fun paks here in Canada. If the twitter account is accurate I should hopefully be seeing at least one of them soon.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Now how the hell is he going to get the oven into that clock?

Yeah. Where's Gamzee when you need him?

mOtHeRfUcKiN mIrAcLeS

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I wonder of this means Hussie is going to reprint the homestuck books with John in these scenes too?

Probably not.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

You international peeps get your SLICK paks yet? Or, international question ingeneral, did you get an email or anything informing you that something had shipped, or did it just show up one day? I'm getting pretty antsy.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

While I agree I that I don't think anyone is currently in long lasting danger, you never know. I always recall the white king and how he hopped into the lotus pod only to get killed almost instantly after emerging. It struck me as a plot point Hussie was setting up but decided to terminate.

He was a pretty minor character though all things considered.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

A truly unceremonious first meeting for all these Internet pals. I can't wait
for the next updates.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

What a thing to wake up to. The hiatus of all hiatuses. Stay safe fellow goons. The night is dark and full of Homestucks without updates.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Yeah that panel gives me strong Calvin and Hobbes vibes. But Hussie should definitely stick to hero mode instead of Hussnasty.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

quote:

SHIFTYLOOK WELCOMES ANDREW HUSSIE TO THE SHIFTYLOOK FAMILY
We're excited to announce that ShiftyLook has secretly been working with the extraordinarily awesome champion of the Internet Andrew Hussie to create something new! And even better, Mr. Hussie himself will be participating in several ShiftyLook-related events at this year's San Diego Comic-Con!

quote:

2) Poster for mystery project to be provided free of charge (while supplies last). You will receive an autograph on this and up to TWO (2) additional items.

Does anyone know what the deal with these things are? I'm very curious, and surprised no one had mentioned this yet if it is legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

quote:

HOW IRONIC. THAT HIS VERY DEPARTURE. WOULD BE IN THE PROXIMITY OF SOME HORSES. WHAT. YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THAT? JUST THINK IT OVER.

THINK IT OVER.

I don't understand this reference... help?