Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I swear, my eyes just slide off any discussion of universes A1/A2/B1/B2 and glaze over but oddly enough, the introduction of Meenah and Aranea cleared it right up for me. At least I understand THAT poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I have a suspicion that the Thief of Life isn't actually going to be Meenah. That just seems too...straightforward...for Homestuck.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Dolash posted:

What is ultimately the more important, driving narrative purpose of Homestuck, Comedy or Drama?

Do not forget that Homestuck is a story that is also a puzzle.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
That's a pretty great rant, but Shelby's illustrations are equally great. I especially like concerned Feferi surrounded by little diamonds. :d::hf::ohdear:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I always have trouble with these flashes, in that I have a hard time discerning what is a door/staircase/pathway you can walk down, and what is a wall--I assume stuff is a wall and miss parts of it.

At least there will probably be a walkthrough after I get home from work. I've never been real big on that sort of video game.

Also, DaveKap will you please make an avatar of Dave shrugging/smiling for me? I will buy you archives or some poo poo if you'd like.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

DaveKap posted:

Not sure exactly what you wanted (either the original animation you quoted or something as close to what you asked for) so here ya go. I kinda feel bad making something that would remove a GKC avatar!

Yes, thank you so much! I will take this one. I would not change my Gunnerkrigg Court hearts except I have been wanting a Dave talksprite avatar since Seer: Descend, which was, holy poo poo, almost 18 months ago.

Now I just have to come up with some title text, which I will do by refreshing a dave_ebubble until I get something I like.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Midnight Raider posted:

...there is a different sort of secret in an item you can find if you figure out how to lure Hussie to the locked door.

What is it? I don't want to go through all that hassle.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Tengames posted:

I love how I dont even need to check this thread or mspaintadventures to see if its updated, I only need to wait until I start seeing new homsetuck avatars on the forums.

Somebody in GBS bought me a new title (that is actually kind of accurate) but I am totally buying my Dave talksprite avatar back in a few days.

I'm not actually all that excited about a game, though, because I don't generally enjoy video games. I'd rather read another comic.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bongo Bill posted:

This seems like a good place to cliffhang for the next walkabout.

I was under the impression that Kickstarter backers of a certain tier would be able to beta test that a few days before it came out.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
That whole ectobiology thing kind of messes with the racially ambiguous thing, because it would be a lot easier to see these kids as racially ambiguous if they weren't all related in various ways. I thought of Jade as a Pacific Islander (lives on a Pacific Island, long black hair, you get me here) but then she is siblings with John, who I pictured as a white kid. You see how it might become confusing.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

CuddlyZombie posted:

John's face is the best.

I got to that panel and I was like, "You and me both, buddy."

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Calliope's art is all done by Shelby (deudlyfirearms on tumblr) and after she posted her original drawings on tumblr, someone thought she stole them and gave herself credit.

People on tumblr are dumb.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I made a Trickster outfit out of stuff I already had, mostly because someone in YLLS called this dress/tights combo "like an icecream, in a good way."

Now it is ice cream in a bad way, and I've had that green skull for years, way before I even heard of Homestuck.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Hobby Lobby Halloween sale. It was gray but I put green glitter on it.

Edit: I'd like to challenge the rest of you to make Trickster outfits also.

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 16, 2013

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Dolash posted:

I've got a couple of younger cousins around the ages of 11 and 15, and I do often have to wonder what content is appropriate for that age group. The elder one isn't really into the internet, games or comics, but the younger one keeps pressing me for nerdy recommendations. Eleven is too young to read Homestuck, but maybe when he's thirteen?

How about everyone's other favorite Flash-based cartoon that starts with "Homest", Homestar Runner? That will keep him busy for a while.

I think a 13 year old could read Homestuck and enjoy it, but in a fairly superficial way. There is a ridiculous amount of subtext there.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Ariong posted:

I wonder if she passed out from the mother of all sugar crashes or if she just hit her head on something while she was running around, horns blazing.

It's probably less of a sugar OD and more of a Red Dye #40 OD. It's all RedPop, no Moon Mist or Ohana Strawberry Banana or Dr. Faygo or Chocolate Cream Pie (Faygo comes in like 60 flavors and there are some really weird ones).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bobulus posted:

The alternative is worse. I have not met a Goon, nor a Homestuck, in real life, ever. I'm so lonely. :(

My brother is a goon and he likes Homestuck. However I do not like it when he tries to talk to me about Homestuck in public, including my facebook wall.