Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Man, I also tried to celebrate the end of Act 5 with a bit of music myself, but it's nowhere near the level of quality of WMM's, as I literally started making music less than 2 months ago and I'm like, still in high school. Anyway here it is I guess.

Direct link

It's supposed to be a theme for the Land of Brains and Fire, but maybe Sollux as a whole, I dunno.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Well Manicured Man posted:

You're better than I was when I was in high school after two months of mucking around in FL Studio. I'd recommend more backing instruments and a more constant drum pattern throughout.

I tried and, well, this happened. Ah well.

But anyway, about EoA5:

I don't care what we get, but I want some fights. fast paced troll/human/dog/puppet punching to the face. Especially Terezi, because for some reason I want to see her fight while blind. I hope the entire flash ends with John scratching the Beat Mesa, kind of like how [S] Enter built up to John entering the first Gate.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
You probably suddenly understand nothing.

Read it again.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Level Slide posted:

Gotta wonder what trolls consider heroic or martyr-like.

Our group of trolls? Probably the same thing we do. Our trolls (especially Karkat and Kanaya) are surprisingly human. What heroic or martyr-like mean in "normal" troll society? Who knows.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
As I said before on 10/24, I'm trying to improve my lovely music I started making a month ago by drawing some inspiration from Homestuck. Nowhere near as good as other fanmusic others have created, but oh well.

Supposed to be about The 4 kids finally meeting up. Starting with John’s piano, then Rose’s violin, Jade’s flute, and finally coming in with some Sick Strider Beetz.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I asked him what his favorite non [s] page in Homestuck was, like we were doing a few days ago. I don't expect him to answer it though.

Also I asked him if Terezi can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch :v:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

King of Solomon posted:

I don't think there's anything really suggesting that the Beat Mesa has to be on the Time hero's planet, but as far as we know, it is the Space hero's job to create the frog that will become the new universe.

It may not necessarily require the time/space players to exist, but it is sensible (as far as conjecture goes.)

No, I'm pretty sure that Doc Scratch explicitly stated that the Scratch Thing is always on the Hero of Time's planet. Somewhere in his conversation with Rose.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Homestuck started on 4/13/2009. John and Jade will be on the ship for 3 years.

When will we, as readers, see John and Jade again?

4/13/2012

BOOK IT.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Captain Oblivious posted:

WILL JOHN AND JADE GET STRONG ENOUGH IN THE HYPERBOLIC TIME CHAMBER TO DEFEAT LORD ENGLISH? TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR ANOTHER EXCITING EPISODE OF MSPA Z

I'm so sorry. But it's the only thing I could think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

ArchRanger posted:

Don't the trolls still have the computers downstairs and the computers in the kids' houses on the planets should still be around. Did I forget something or couldn't they still talk online?

"Online" probably doesn't work the way it should outside the universe(s)

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Guys, I just want to take a short time out and reveal to you the self-indulgence Hussie participates in his comic. It's so obvious why he made the God Tiers. Not to further the story, not even to sell merch. It was all just an ego trip for himself.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Nah, the eyes are comprised of both Space and Void.

Life is the only one not there.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Chunky12345 posted:

The person they are waiting for is obviously going to be Beta Vriska. :colbert:

I would be 0kay with this and it also brings the total count to 12 in the new session if Sollux and Aradia leave so everything works out.

Everyone get on the Vriska train, there's still time.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh my god.

That face.

All those faces.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
John's prankster gambit just skyrocketed, and he's not exactly sure why.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I really hope Karkat reads John's note and Davesprite replaced certain words too.

So you have all this blue text and then there's some random orange text saying something embarrassing.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I really hope Karkat reads John's note and Davesprite replaced certain words too.

So you have all this blue text and then there's some random orange text saying something embarrassing.

Disappointed that this didn't happen, but Karkat's faces make up for it.

ANIME
SEXY

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So I was bored yesterday and decided to whip something up for The Land of Caves and Silence, Equius' world, because I thought is sounded interesting.

It's lovely because I'm bad at music but w/e, here you go.

\

Edit: have a picture that I looked at a lot.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 24, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Two people liked my LoCaS song so I'll take that as an excuse to poo poo up the thread with my own music in the future. V:shobon:V

Like this one I made a few weeks ago but didn't post here because it's not that good, I'm only like, 16 and have little no no prior experience in music before a few months ago:

Is supposed to represent the 4 kids meeting up, you have John's piano, Rose's violin, Jade's flute (yeah I know she plays bass shut up), and Dave's sick beatz. I suppose after 3 years it would hold enough emotional weight to warrant a song like this.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 25, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Well Manicured Man posted:

I made a Homestuck song with the same basic concept last spring. Not that I'm accusing you of anything ;) The violin hits a few sour notes here and there. If I were you I'd add more instruments--just because the primary instruments are supposed to be the kid's instruments doesn't mean they have to be the only instruments in the song. Because of that the song doesn't seem to have much variation. Working in Jade's bass somewhere would give the song a framework and also give the piano something more to do. And if you want to learn more about how music works I'd suggest http://www.musictheory.net. Also one cool thing you could do with the violin and the flute would be to have one playing a melody and another playing a countermelody and have them trade places...

Okay basically thanks for all those links and poo poo, I definitely have to check some of them out. I've always wanted to take a music theory course, but we need at least 15 people to sign up for it to become a class and people aren't that interested. I rally for it each year anyway. :(

Anyway back to Homestuckchat: I don't think how long the time lock lasts really matters, they just need to slow him down just a little, then match his speed so he can never catch up. I doubt he'd want to trail a meteor for three years, so maybe he'll run back to PM for some prime hatelove.

(And then PM kills him)

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
You can have my dumb music instead :v:

I guess me making troll land themes is a thing now, because I decided to make Quartz and Melody next. Tell me how it went, I'll love you forever if you do.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Finished the theme for Land of Pulse and Haze (Karkat's place)

Tell me how it is etc. etc. Didn't like it as much as Quartz, but whatever.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah, I think that's really my problem. I'm just not experienced enough to create something that goes beyond around 2 minutes 30 seconds without it getting bland or stale.

Being compared to Eathbound I'll take as a massive compliment though.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Cabbit posted:

Jesus, it's like some kind of music singularity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7OrY4RCRuM

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Rays done (Land of rays and frogs).

Kanaya's land is similar to Jade's in many ways, so I took some of Jade's eastern sounding melodies and made them less pronounced, while still distinct, much like Kanaya's character is in general.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Midnight Raider posted:

It's not bad, and I like the instrumentation, although I think the earlier critiques about the distinction between atmospheric music and regular songs might still apply here.

Yeah, I'll admit that this is entire project is primarily for myself, so I can properly learn these sort of distinctions. I figured something like the Troll's lands were numerous and varied enough to give me a large range of ideas to work with. I can only hide behind excuses like "I'm new to this whole thing" for so long, so learning and criticism is A Good Thing.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Homestuck is to webcomics as Freud is to psychology.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Once again, the people who advertise on mspaintadventures.com know their audience.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Also is there a compendium of unused avatars somewhere? I searched through the first few pages looking for the pile but I couldn't find it.

I think it's time to make the plunge.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It's time to get an mspa avatar.

If someone could get me a shot of Jake in front of the ruins or the dragon circling the volcano, it'd probably be good.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

tinaun posted:

Totally snagging this one later.

I'll let someone smarter and more creative than me think up text. Maybe a dumb dovahkiin joke I dunno

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Chunky12345 posted:

"SKYYYYRIIIIIIM"

thanks alot assbag posted:

I used to like Homestuck. Then I took a bucket to the face.

Eh.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Tollymain posted:

I really, really shouldn't care... but you misspelled tongue in your avatar and it kind of bothers me.
:goonsay:

If you never bought it up I wouldn't have noticed it either.

:mad:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
English sucks.

Edit: It apparently annoyed me enough to spend even more money on it.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 30, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
In other, non-avatar related woes:

Not that happy with it to be honest, this one was hard for some reason. I tried to model it after the classic "lava" level in a game, but this is what I ended up with, oh well. I'm not that experienced with basses yet, which is the problem. Definitely my worst so far. I tried to incorporate some sort of electronic noise to signify "brain", but it didn't really work out, so I scrapped it.

Oh well.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh.

Welp.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
^^^^ :argh:

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Hey, can anyone explain how Aradia became a ghost? And then how that ghost went into a robot? Or whatever? Basically Ghost Aradia makes no sense to me, and I need her help to theorize and subsequently devise lengthy fanfiction and headcanons and stuff (jk about some of that)

Vriska hypnotized Sollux into going to Aradia's house and blowing the poo poo up. Aradia is now dead, and a ghost.

Aradia, during the game, prototypes herself, she is now a ghost sprite frog.

Equius builds a robot for Aradia to possess. She does so, and is now a ghost sprite frog robot.

Then she explodes and goes God Tier on Derse, dropping all of those other adjectives.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

quote:

Jack Noir just bees himself instead.

Oh god, the bees.

Not the bees.

Edit: Holy poo poo People are onto this stuff quick

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Vriska is a well-developed, yet polarizing character.

Let me tell you about it in my fanfiction: