Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I would like to see the flowchart of thoughts that led to you thinking any part of this was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Walliard posted:

There are people who don't do this? :confused:

Well now I do and it does make Bowman's songs at better by at least ten orders of magnitude.

John, sing to me more :allears:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
fake edit: btw, that's pretty great ^^^^^

There's like no chance of my music being picked, but I'll submit some stuff over the next few weeks anyway. Good incentive for trying new things.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I have another 6 weeks to work on this, but I'll post what I have here to see if it's even worthwhile.

I was thinking of characters to put songs to, and after some deliberation, I ended up with di-stri's Auto Responder, which better count as a character because come on.

Very different from the normal feel of my stuff, and most of it was me trying new poo poo, but I said a few days ago that I want to try some new things, and this happened.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I suppose I should throw my hat into musicchat.

I use FLStudio because it was the first music thing I learned how to use like 4 months ago. Reaper is probably better but I'm too lazy to make a switch, at least right now. I'm a poor high school student so as far as sounds go I'm only using free soundfonts I have online, and tweaking them as best I can, or recording some samples on my own and using those (I did this a lot in Silence and Pulse, and the echoing sound in the back of Rays is me tinking a glass bottle)

All of my poo poo is very makeshift, and I hope to one day find some cheap things that don't suck rear end, because the instrumentation and samples are one of the number one things I don't like about my music.

With creativity, I pretty much second or third or fouth or whatever "listen to songs you like." It's like cramming for a test. Choose what you want your final song to sound like, listen to a bunch of stuff in that genre, and just regurgitate all that information and structure you remember onto a screen and tweak it a bit to make it sound good and unique. I'm still learning structure myself, and I struggle to make a song last past 2 and a half minutes without getting dull.

That's pretty much it, I don't have nearly as much experience as most of the others out there, so I guess this is kind of "new guy to newer guy."

If you're up to it, practice a bit then send something into the contest. Use the contest as incentive to try out some new things and get better.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I don't even know if I'm making GBS threads up the thread with drafts but if I am I'll stop.

Here's what this Auto Responder thing is turning into. I don't think it really flows well between the two melodies but I hosed around with it a bunch and it turned into this.

Again, my problems with the general sound persist, but I did the best I could with free poo poo.

EDIT: Nobody replied so I took the time to make a better draft, here you go.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 8, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
The sudden influx of updates will cause Homestuck to prematurely end before the end of the month.

Then Hussie starts And It Don't Stop 2 and everyone rejoices.

edit: vvvv How do you do the things you do~

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 9, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Toby Fox also has a beginner's tutorial for FL on his website.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Man, DS is savvy as hell. Both selves awake at the same time? Knowing to kill Jack first? I like this kid.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I want to keep on musicstuck, and not racestuck, so I'll just plop this down here. The Auto-Responder theme went down in flames after a computer meltdown. Luckily I had some backups, but it was a dead-end anyway and I need to re-do some things. In the meantime I felt like making something more soothing, and this happened.

It still doesn't have a name, and I can't really think of one at the moment. I should mention it's based on Feferi though.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Fortis posted:

Oh hey you know what I just noticed? Maybe it's been pointed out already, but Dirk calls the method Roxy used to blow up Jane's computer a "nasty deathloop virus". Sounds like Roxy used the same virus that Karkat ran on his own computer in the Troll session. So in both post-scratch sessions, the de-facto leaders of the players blew up their own computer with a ~ATH virus.

If it's the same virus, does this also doom the guardians of the scratched kids? I suppose John and maybe Jade are dead already, but I could see Rose and Dave biting it before the pre-scratch Rose and Dave get there.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Well I just figured it'd be less confusing to have 2 versions of Dave and Rose running around, though if we somehow get a few conversations between both of them together they would probably be amazing.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Roxy has Fistkind.

Fantastic.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I figured it'd be Roxy writing down the FG code in a drunken stupor, but looks like Jake's the batshit one here. Sounds good.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I... think this is done? I'm not sure. I still have a few weeks to work on it but I don't really know where else to go with it.

Edit: Changed the link to a more up to date one.

Edit2: I don't know why I did this

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 19, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Blood Nightmaster posted:

A few pages late, but

Love both of these. Particularly the 8-bit one, though that's probably just my personal tastes talking.

Well lucky for you it's finally super-ready-to-enter finished. I didn't bother posting it in the thread because it was only minor changes, plus I didn't even upload it to Tindeck, but it's here.

Anyway, Updatechat: If going through all these dreambubbles from Derse is a Void thing, I'm wondering if Equius did anything similar, and if we'll hear about it later. It would mean more Equius of course, something I am totally down with.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Second submission finished.

I remixed my previous Rays into this. For Kanaya.

Somehow, my AR theme, despite being the first one I started, will be the last one I'll finish.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It's... done, maybe?

A theme for the Auto-Responder, and my third submission: Leave a Message at the Beat.

More subdued and calculated than Dave, but yet more brash and overall less mature than Dirk, I put in bits of Beatdown with a softer sounding lead, though most of it is original.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Cleretic posted:

Oh, this is amazing.

I really hope this gets in, partly because your name on the credits for an album would be fantastic.

Funny thing is this name was chosen for me in a gbs thread to change your username like, forever ago. Way before I started making music. :v:

I now use it everywhere.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
For that overly-elaborate title test I ended up with Priest of Rage.

I'm not entirely sure how those work together.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
A few friends and I set up a Sburb game through instant messaging and Pesterchum. It was surprisingly fun and I would definitely do it again with some Goons or something.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Enough people seem interested in some Sburb RP, so if you want to figure something out for an IM/PC Sburb thing, e-mail goonstuck@live.com with a few details:

Character Name
Short Description of room
Guardian
Pesterchum Name

I'm limiting applicants to around 6 to 8, because more than that takes some work to get organized and stuff. I'll be using an improv type system to run it, using a framework that a friend made a while ago specifically for Sburb-type games.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Ominous Jazz posted:

Sent you an email.

Yep, got yours, and Graybook's too.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I'm planning on using this sheet that a friend of mine made for Homestuck. I don't know what system it's based off of, but there you go.

More clarification on classes and stuff here, though it isn't exactly going to be the player that chooses their class.

P.S Only got 1 or 2 more spots available, so get that poo poo in yo.

P.P.S Never mind, that one got plugged up quick. I'm e-mailing everyone back because I forgot to ask for AIM names so I can invite everyone to the Blast Group. Also I'm dumb.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 30, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Prison Warden posted:

What the hell. I don't post on an internet forum to show off that I'm not a huge nerd

Ditto! by the looks of the thread though I might have missed my place :(

Edit: Ah well, looks like I'm out. Stupid real life obligations. I wonder if anyone else in this thread has as many irons in the fire as me. I DOUBT IT

Well now you have one more because you're in anyway :v:. I said 6-8 and you were the 7th so I'm cutting it off now.

Email me back with your AIM username!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Efb: that's what I get for not jumping on the low hanging fruit right away!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

This Sburb RP is neat and all but if I wake up tomorrow to find the Earth bombarded by meteors I'm blaming you guys.

Stock up on fedoras.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
If transcripts become a thing I don't know where to post them because I don't really want to poo poo this thread up any further. Maybe an MSPAF thread? But then again, that's... MSPAF.

Conflictions!

Edit: Also I sent invites to everyone I got the AIM name of, but who knows if they went through. If you don't see anything just email me back or whatever.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Some things prototyped in my game were:

-A gary gygax blanket
-Ninja Gaiden on NES
-A shirt from some useless redshirt from some tv show.

The imps were interesting.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Lady of the Beech posted:

In my game were prototyped a hipster (one of the players connected in a mcdonalds and since there was a hipster sitting nearby he threw him in), some monster one of the players drew, the books I mentioned, an ipod, and some other stuff. The result was a rather... creative looking Jack Noir.

This implies Jack got the ring.

Man you guys suck at Sburb.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Still haven't heard from 2 people (by character name):

Luke Bonaparte

Leon Carson

If the invites haven't gone through, IM me at thisisbonetail on AIM or pester me at analogApothecary on Pesterchum and we can get it figured out. There have been a few problems already, so you guys aren't the only ones not getting invites if that's what happened.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

pandaK posted:

Are there any plans to start up another for people who didn't get into the first one? I was at school when you guys started talking about this and I'm sad I couldn't make it in time.

This by no means has to be the only one. If someone else wants to start another one up go ahead.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Wow, holy poo poo. Hussie totally foreshadowed this in the Homestuck Book.

For anyone not in the know, in the Author Commentary for this page reads "P.S. - It's a pity nobody ever snapped up fncysntakind, a.k.a. the deadliest kind of all."

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Let me tell you about Fancy Santas.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
People wanted transcripts of chatlogs and stuff, so you can see them all HERE. Follow that blog and you will eventually know and love these characters. (God knows I don't (Yet!)) It starts of very slow because I don't have much experience doing this sort of thing, but I kinda fell into the groove about a half an hour in.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 31, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
That tattoo radiates artifacts off of his skin.

Truly legendary ink.

EDIT: For reference:

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 31, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Some highlights from today's Goonstuck:

quote:

NOLISTENTOME: Luke: You pop a squat and see that in your hands is a...
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: Goddammit you thought you threw out this lovely Star Trek fanfiction ages ago.
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: You don't even know where you got it, it just showed up one day. The grammatical errors and plot holes if compiled in a single text could probably kill someone's grandmother.
[Goonstuck]: ("divineDivider") Throw out lovely fanfiction, but not before reading the opening paragraph one last time
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: Well, memories are memories, and you decide to leave it with hopefully a memorable one.
NOLISTENTOME: "Oh Chakotay, I love you so."
"I love you too, Tom."
"You know what would make our love complete?"
"Babies."
"Yes, babies. I want to have your babies, Chakotay."
"I want you to have my babies, Tom."
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: That's enough of that.

quote:

NOLISTENTOME: Luke: You decide to peruse your shelves again, this time with your eyes open, and pick out a classic: Dune. Every day you open palm slam a book into your eyes. It's Dune and right then and there you imagine yourself doing everything alongside the main character, Paul Atreides. Not everyone can say they used to live on the galaxy's biggest wasteland, but can say it, although you don't actually say it to anyone else. You know all the lines yourself and have prepared for a lonely future life by shouting them all in your mind as loud as you can.

On actual Homestuck chat, I think Dirk has the densest room in the comic so far. I don't think we've looked at so many THINGS that apparently matter when the other rooms were shown.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Jake's last name is probably going to mean nothing in the long run, it being an eternal tease by the infamous Huss Man.

Also I decided to compile all of my submissions into one post so here it is:

And the third one is on my Tumblr here, I didn't upload it to Tindeck because it was only minor changes from the one I DID upload but that's the one going in.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I feel like Homestuck is a big sandbox for Hussie to play in, with literary experiments out the wazoo. Once he starts whatever he does after Homestuck, he'll take what he learned and make something better. (And bigger? Who the gently caress knows.)

I'm wondering how many people will leave after Homestuck is finished, like they have nothing else to live for.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
This is the best loving modus.

Like ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Attention Starmaker:

You were the first in the queue for a second Goonstuck game if there ever was one, well it's your lucky day because a player had to drop out due to personal complications and all that jazz, so email me with character specifics + an AIM username and I can hook you up.

Back to your scheduled Homestuck.

The Strider family is pretty much up there as one of my favorite families in all of fiction.