Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So I got comissioned for music I guess?

Along the Dotted Line

(Soundcloud link)

Dunno if anyone cares but I suppose it is homestuck related. I guess I'm just excited that someone liked my music enough to want to give me stuff for it. I remember when I first started doing this about a year ago, (even though I'd rather not because most of it was bad) and I do genuinely think I've gotten better. It's a nice feeling.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that if Hussie is also somehow thrown in I think the new universe would be born just out of an equine singularity and the B2 kids don't have to come. The current universe would end not with a bang, but with a whinny.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Dogbutt posted:

I'm really jealous of your composing skills. It take me weeks just to complete a song :qq:

Aw, thanks :shobon:

I started this commission about 2 weeks ago, along with another one by the same person. The second one's almost done, so I suppose I'll post it over here too.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
As mentioned, I was going to post the second of those commissions here because why not, so here they are.

A Pinch of Sulfur

(Soundcloud link)

If you don't want to think of it as a commission for someone's fancharacter (because it totally was) just think of it as a fire level in a game, because that was the vibe I was going for.

In any case I hope nobody minds that I'm posting these. I'll get back for making fanmusic to homestuck proper soon, I promise!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
This entire scenario just continues to get better.

Gamzee is absolved of all his sins just for this

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I hope this guy is doing the cutscene work for the game.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Man, I haven't been able to work on anything in a while because stuff has been going on.

So I decided to revisit an old idea. About a year or so ago I decided to make themes for the 12 troll lands. I got through a few of them, but eventually dropped the idea because I didn't feel confident enough in my abilities to do the remaining ones any justice. I feel like in the past year I have gotten a lot better at things, so I felt like it was time to go back to it.

Flow - A theme for Terezi's Land of Thought and Flow.
Tumblr link

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Dogbutt posted:

God, I get jealous of your music every time I hear it. You're really good!

Oh gosh, thanks!

It's really fun making music, and it's something I enjoy doing, but sometimes I feel like music(not necessarily mine) gets overlooked in favor of easier-to-consume fanworks like fanart or hell, even fanfiction, which gets hundreds or thousands of reblogs or upvotes or what have you, so compliments and criticism is always nice to have as a quick reminder than people are consuming your work and liking it. Feels good man.

Or maybe I'm just accidentally sounding really pretentious and ignorant, which is possible.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Mazerunner posted:

This is sounding pretty awesome but damnit the first few seconds sound really familiar, I just can't place it. Like I expect some other song to come on after hearing those notes familiar. I found a few other songs that sound kiiind of similar but not really, so I'm just thinking it's like a fairly simple/common chord progression?

Yeah, it's just a pretty common progression. Hell, even I've used it before

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
A couple of you may remember Silence, a song I made about a year ago for The Land of Caves and Silence. Since I recently finished Flow, I decided to give it a bit of a facelift.

Silence - A theme for Equius' Land of Caves and Silence
Tumblr link

I'd also like to say that I'm remixing and/or completely re-doing all of the Land songs I've done for the A2 lands, and will release 12 (plus a bonus) as my first album, which will hopefully be finished this summer! I'd like to thank all the people who've listened to my stuff over the past year and a half since I started, and I hope continue to get better. Unfortunately I can't post any more songs from the album, but if you liked Flow and you like this, you'll probably like the full deal!

And on that note - I will need track art for the album. If you're interested in doing art for the 12 lands, plus the bonus track and the album cover art itself, PM me or email me at zhix@live.com

I don't need them RIGHT AWAY because I still have to make most of the songs, and they probably won't be done until mid-late summer, but having them ready for when it happens would be great! Thanks in advance!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

QVC Drinking Game posted:

Sounds like your browser is fuckin up because I don't think this describes how anyone else is having to read these??

Yeah, poo poo fits all nice-like on the page for me.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
The end of Act 6 and Act 7 is exlusive preorder DLC. We missed out.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Homestuck started when I was 13, and I'm a few days away from being 18.

That feels really weird to me for some reason. That's a lot of homestuck.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Wrist Watch posted:

Wait, you got an account here when you were 14 13? I know people joke about that being the case with some posters, but :lol:

Guess so v:shobon:v

If this thread isn't going to be around for me to post my music, I guess now's the time to blatantly plug my tumblr where most of my works in progress go anyway.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah the story isn't even glitching on just our side, the characters themselves are glitching the gently caress out.

This is some Missingno. poo poo.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Happy unhiatus, everyone!

To get back in the swing of Homestuck things, have A Music.

Bloodhound

I decided to do something different, so I did something for the recent updates where Jade's trying to smell down John. In Homestuck and Homestuck music, John is usually represented by a piano, so I had the piano melody jump between the left and right channels, to give the impression of him hiding his scent. Did it work? Probably not. Have it anyway.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I dunno if anyone else here has played Papers, Please (you should), but this lady passed through my checkpoint today. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Bobulus posted:

I know virtually nothing about hacking, but I think message boards are particularly vulnerable because:

1) most of them run on the same software, meaning that known exploits can be used
2) It's a pain in the rear end to patch forums and requires taking them down, so they don't get updated often, leaving vulnerabilities around longer

whereas the mspa page itself is probably a huge pile of cobbled-together custom code.

edit: refresh before posting. :P

Yeah, the bigger question isn't "Why the forums?" but "Why the MSPA forums?"

What an odd target