Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

As long as we're speculating, I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and say that we'll probably see this again. Dunno if it's been pointed out before, but since frogs = universes, that gadget I think represents some sort of interdimensional shift, operated by WQ's Skaia key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KoB posted:

Act 5 is twice as long as Act 1-4 combined.:aaaaa:

Well... not quite. First 4 acts ran from April 2009 to June 2010, then act 5 was from then to yesterday. It's about two months longer, yes, but not double the length.

Still, act 5 comprises more than half of Homestuck. Parallel universes, resurrection, God Tier, the Trolls as major characters, Doc Scratch, the Midnight Crew/Felt actually playing a role in the story, frogs... so much poo poo that's practically central to Homestuck lore at this point did not exist before 6/12. The EOA is certainly worthy of such a monster of a story. Plus, maybe it was just me, but I got sort of a Dethklok music video vibe from the whole Dog Tier sequence of Jade collecting the planets. Maybe it was just the music combined with the pentagon (PENTAGRAM!?) of mini-planets, but it was pretty sweet nonetheless. Plus, the birth of the Green Sun I think was pretty awesome.

E: Plus I totally called WV's station being used how it was.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Eiba posted:

... Actually that just doesn't make sense period. How could the universe be destroyed and reset at the same time? Or rather, how could the universe be reset at one point in time and years later (but not many) be destroyed? I mean, clearly the things that destroyed the universe were not a consequence of the post-Scratch timeline so... what's going on there?
Jack had already escaped from the kids' session and universe and was chilling in the Troll session. The universal reset wouldn't affect him because... he is already here.

So although the circumstances leading to his existence were wiped away, he would still be around to destroy the now-reset universe frog.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Alright, going by the last words of their intros, Jane will be the X of Life, and Jake will be the X of Hope.

E:fb

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

President Ark posted:

Ctrl + mousewheel up/down increases or decreases text size in most browsers on both windows and mac OS.

Yeah but ctrl+0 resets it to default. Hussie made the text bigger on-site, I'm seeing it too.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God dammit, I just walked into the grocery store right as How Do I Live started playing.

CROCKER RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

QueerPope posted:

Waltzes might fall on 6/4, but just making it 6/4 won't make it a waltz. In order to actually be able to waltz to a waltz there has to be an audible beat that can be counted as 1-2-3 1-2-3 ect, because that's the beat that the box step goes on.
I dunno, the first half certainly feels waltzy to me. Listen to the bass drum especially. It's just a 1-_-_-&-3-& pattern in the strings instead of the more obvious 1-2-3 pattern.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Update. Dad remains the best Dad.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Idunn posted:

So who built the Hussbot, and who is that lovely Prospitian lady in the background?

So many mysteries!

That's Ms. Paint you dingus.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh my god, Jade's face is amazing.

\/It seems like he just figured it out.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 11, 2011

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Or hey, maybe he can use the windy thing to just yell something at them. A message, carried upon the breeze., spoken by a god.

Or maybe that would just do some skyrim dragon shout poo poo and kill everyone, who knows.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Unlucky7 posted:

I am sorry if this has already been pointed out and/or if I am missing something obvious, but what are Feferri's goggles doing on the floor?

Sollux was wearing them on the meteor, they popped off when he did the psychic thing.

E:FBx2 COMBOB!!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

King of Solomon posted:

Nah, this isn't even that. He's a troll, he just likes to make piles of things for some reason.

ahaha the corepse pile dosent stop from getting taller

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Roger Explosion posted:

I wager she will lob WV into her own self-portal.

Well, when you're right, you're right.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Silva posted:

Jailbreak? Ha ha no. There's been hundreds of references made to Jailbreak already, like Jade and Jane's disappearing pumpkins.
That, and the appearifiers responsible for same.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Too bad. He's DEAD.

Never stopped Aradia.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Happy Fun Bollocks posted:

Are there any non-white Homestuck fans in this thread?

You racist.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Or, third option: Only girls have wings?

Doubtful, the Summoner had wings. Link

Miracon posted:

If that's the case, then hopefully MSPA doesn't pull a Gurren-Lagann and force them to bust out. :ohdear:
What the gently caress do you mean doesn't? That would be the best thing. All the dead characters coming back and whooping on Lord English with a final attack the size of the Universe?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Or, y'know... a tree.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

EoRaptor posted:

Oh my god.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

snucks posted:

perhaps they're... a sine of what's to come :c00l:

Thank god for the update, I didn't want to go off on this tangent.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

snucks posted:

is the first time that sweet bro and hella jeff have been individually identified? I always assumed :^y was sweet bro.

Well I know at least on the sock ruse SBAHJ, Jeff asked "bro have you seen my socks"

So there's that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bell_ posted:

Right, but would you say I'm chasing a red herring if I suspect GCAT went toward making GCAT, as opposed to Bec as we previously believed? Granted, the mountain of evidence seemed to point towards the code being used by DD to make Bec. I was figuring something done with the BARK code will somehow lead to Bec's creation in B1.

Are you talking about the MEOW code? Because GCAT is actual, real-life genetic sequences.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Captain Snoop returns? What a magnificent update.

Also yeah, I guess in this universe L.E. runs Skaianet?

So then the English-face logo on Jake's shirt, in addition to whatever else it signifies, is a parallel with B1 Jade's Atom logo. Nice.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Midnight Raider posted:

At first I thought it was pre-scratch Mindfang.. And then I looked a little closer...

Hussie, you magnificent tease.

:manning:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Um.

Um.

UM!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cleretic posted:

I just wanna say god-tier Eridan's wings look pretty rad.

Goddamn I look at his hood and all I can see is :psyduck:.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So on a whim I decided to start reading the older threads just to pass the time (Was there one before this, by the way?) and by page two some of the posts are hilarious in retrospect:

yrF posted:

Andrew mentioned that HS will last a year as well. 4 months up, so the intro is done, now we move onto the middle section, and 4 months from now I suspect there will be a radical game changer to bring it all around to a climax.

Sockser posted:

I bet Dave's brother is like, a fat goony neckbeard wearing an anime-print button-up shirt over a wolf shirt or something absolutely awful like that

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

notoriousman posted:

Sorely tempted to grab this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I just wonder if it would look slightly better if it were bigger. It's so tiny as is :stare:
I think I'll keep him tiny. I'm torn on the title though.

gently caress, THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING LISTENING TO THIS, MAKE IT STOP.

or

WHAT THE gently caress MADE ME THINK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA???

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Oh, crud. I just saw it, and went ahead and bought it before I saw your post!

Sorry about that, man!

:<

Ah well, it's Homestuck, there'll be something better along shortly.

Sucker.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bongo Bill posted:

Is it just me, or isn't there usually an update by this time of day?

As it turns out, yes!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Miracon posted:

Besides showing up directly, haven't poses been based on it a few times? I could swear I remember a scene that looked almost just like this (with carapaces maybe?)

Been going on my SA Homestuck archive binge, and people pointed out that in WV: Rise Up, there was a scene with a black Knight attacking a white humanoid piece, so there's that. \/:)\/

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God loving dammit dave.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh my loving god this update I can't goddamn breathe. gently caress.

Also, after looking at the picture I imagined that Rose snatched the book halfway through Karkat's proposal and he just kept on going, and oh my god it got even funnier.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

this was stupid

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 16, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dolash posted:

Still really hard to tell how much of Davesprite's (or really any Dave-entity's) hostility is a pose and how much is genuine.

I really hope he gets a chance to meet beta-John in the dream bubbles though, that could be really touching.

Well, davesprite won't get that chance, the ship is travelling between the fourth walls, not the furthest ring.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Chocolate Milk posted:

Wait, is this true? The way my friend explained it to me, the earlier adventures like Jailbreak were based around reader suggestions, but Homestuck never was.

Jailbreak and Problem Sleuth were entirely reader driven, Jailbreak to the point where Hussie would exclusively take the first command submitted. Homestuck was similar, but less so, in that the suggestions more provided story flavor and one-off gags. There's an old blog post by him that explains it better, but basically he started experimenting with shutting down the suggestion box in act 2, then reopened it. The Felt intermission was entirely written by him, and he shut the box down when he was preparing EOA4, which was originally scheduled to be 4/13/10, the one year mark. It was only supposed to speed things along while he worked on Descend, but the story was moving so much quicker that he left it closed for good, with the exception of naming the trolls in Hivebent.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God drat we haven't had a recap since the one in white, have we? That was... FUUUCK, that was right after Jadesprite was born. SO MUCH poo poo has happened since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SynthOrange posted:

T-ten days? Aaaaa, panic, PANIC.

Please, we waited two months for Cascade. This is nothing.