Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
At least we can be relatively certain that the future pesterlog between Roxy and Jaspersprite will be heartwarming.

:insmith:
* :unsmit:
** :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Bell_ posted:

Right, but would you say I'm chasing a red herring if I suspect GCAT went toward making GCAT, as opposed to Bec as we previously believed? Granted, the mountain of evidence seemed to point towards the code being used by DD to make Bec. I was figuring something done with the BARK code will somehow lead to Bec's creation in B1.

edit: I'm dumb and you said this already in the part I quoted but I'm not going to pretend that I didn't make this post :saddowns:

Yes, because, IIRC, we witnessed the Draconian Dignitary creating Bec using the MEOW code in the EOA4 flash. There was Bec as a puppy and everything, so cross-universe meteor shenanigans are kind of out. And AR, who clearly recognizes Bec's head shape in post-sburb Earth, was there too, so it's tough to claim that it could be taking place in the post-scratch Incipisphere.

In all likelihood, the BARK code is what will create/has created GCat.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Eggie posted:

So if Terezi served inspiration for Sweet Bro And Hella Jeff, does that mean that there's another Terezi in this new universe since SBaHJ exist in this one? I wait eagerly for the answer.

Dave drew Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff on his dream room's walls, which means he drew them on his actual room's walls as well, but was oblivious to them, as was the case with John and his self-effacing jesters and Rose and the MEOW code.

Terezi probably saw the actual drawings through Trollian (which can see the drawings just like Sburb can) and mimicked them, which inspired Dave to 'create' SBaHJ, which was more like recalling them from his subconscious/dreamself.

edit: my dreamself wrote 'beaten' on his walls, i only just remembered this

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

snucks posted:

Is there such thing as a non-lovely fantroll? Is it possible?

Yes, but there's only ever been one.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Theory: The dead God Tier Knight of Blood we saw was not-Karkat. Right now not-Vriska seems nice (unlike Mindfang/Vriska) and not-Feferi seems sinister (unlike Feferi), so what if not-Karkat was the perfect leader, and the first of his group to reach God Tier, like John was?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Oh, of course. Cal is a juju because he was created via Chucklevoodoos.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Ayana posted:

He also seems to be inert as far as creepy poo poo goes in B2, as uu mentioned his eyes looked dead. If I remember right, it was specifically the eyes that really creeped out Dave, the way he seemed to watch him all the time.

Yeah, I figure this is because this instance of him isn't going to take a circuitous route through time and across sessions to become the basis of Lord English.
However, the Cal who did that will probably be entering universe B2 soon... maybe the Condesce sent Dave that video in B1 to ensure that LE was created in A2, and the same ectobiological parent would make the trip to B2 to start the process over, and that's how LE gets to this new universe.

Haa haa. Hee hee. Hoo hoo.

:ohdear:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Jazu posted:

For the record, cal isn't really scary looking.

If you say so. (has sound)

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I did a SBaHJ-style banner once, but I only bid on the SBaHJ ad space. Putting a SBaHJ-styled ad on the main page seems inappropriate. :colbert:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Color Printer posted:

I can't tell if this update has generated more Vriskachat or Tavroschat :v:

Well it's a good thing we don't need to make the distinction anymore. :haw:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I guess Hussie could have done this somewhat for the shock value (okay who am I kidding, he didn't have to use Tavros and Vriska), but I would really be surprised if his primary motivation wasn't to show a previously unknown game mechanic-- kernelsprites can self-destruct, and maybe even unprototype themselves, which I guess we'll find out is the case provided that the focus stays on Jane.

I'm not particularly worried that Nannasprite, Jaspersprite, or uh... Jade are going to go kamikaze any time soon, but it's probably worth keeping in mind that the remaining sprite is doomed...

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Watuhboy posted:

The question to ask yourself is: When was the last time Hussie did something that was hilarious, that DIDN'T end up being important at some point later in the story?

Yeah, I didn't mean to say that Tavrisprite wasn't for horror/hilarity's sake, because it was, but I am guessing that it will ALSO end up being an important bit of foreshadowing regarding either a kernelsprite we already know or one we've yet to meet.

I was mostly responding to anyone asserting that Hussie did this ONLY to troll readers, which he never does. By which I mean he never SOLELY trolls his readers with events, there's usually something else to them. To wit: Hussie was accused of "just trolling everyone" when Gamzee went on his murderous rampage.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Moving forward if someone ends up composing an original song for Tavrissprite I hope they at least consider titling it "8ehind tHE 8-bULL,"

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Myrdhale posted:

Just had a thought. The agents occure because of Lord English's influence on the world's base parameters, right? So most sessions wouldn't have them. So they are almost like a set of Derse-aligned players to even up the odds between Prospit and Derse.

As far as I know, the agents are a default part of every session. I think the only reason we've never seen the Prospitian counterparts to the Dersite agents is that they don't really go off the rails at their first opportunity like Jack and Co. have in literally every session we've seen them in (Jack stealing the kid session ring, Spades Slick working with the trolls to exile the queen, and now DD taking over). They simply wouldn't move the plot along in any meaningful way.

I'd love for Hussie to prove me wrong though, but only because, in spite of him saying in his Formspring that he'd never do this, I imagine the Prospitian Agents to be Joe Blanc (the Pulchritudinous Senator), his right hand man, the Polite Inquisitor, and.... Ace Dick. :allears:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Dexanth posted:

I feel like I've missed something significant, reading the last page or two - is there a reason everyone suspected the particular shades of red & green revealed there, and some hidden significance to them?

Lime Green is where Karkat would be in the hemospectrum if he didn't have red blood. I forget what this is based on, but basically there's lime blood in a flashback on the Grand Highliblood's walls and also I think Hussie confirmed that it was the only 'missing' blood color.
This particular shade of red is the same as Karkat's and The Sufferer's. Everyone suspected both of them because UU and uu type in gray, like Karkat does, so it must either be the hidden color we know (Karkat's red) or a hidden color we haven't seen yet (the up-till-now missing lime green).

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I can't help but imagine Karkat sounding like Rigby from Regular Show.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Nondevor posted:

I think Meenah is now my favorite troll. And seeing Roxy's presence in chatlogs again reminds me of why she's my favorite post-Scratch!kid.

Who knew that "le zzz" could be so effective?

(by the way, I'm somewhat confused on terminology; can the post-Scratch kids be called Alpha? All of this A1/B1/B2/A2 stuff is flying over my head.)

You're confused because its confusing; the A/B thing and post-scratch kids being the "alpha" kids are two different things. Universe A is the troll universe, universe B is the kids universe. Each of those has a 1 (pre-scratch) and a 2 (post-scratch). So, John is from B1, Karkat is from A2, etc.

Meanwhile the B2 kids are sometimes called the "alpha kids" because in universe B2, Sburb is in alpha instead of beta.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
This is like what happens in the Gunnerkrigg Court thread but even more amazing. They have an avatar fairy but we have an Avatar Godhead.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Color Printer posted:

...Why do I have a feeling something is about to go horribly, horribly wrong? :ohdear:

Because it does. In B1's Incipisphere, in the subjective past. :v:

e:f;b

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I can't buy the album till I get home from work, but I'm streaming it till then, and I'm loving it as usual!
Is the song from the latter half of Jane: Enter in here somewhere, though? I can't seem to find it; am I just dumb? Is it a purchase-only deal?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I love a lot of Homestuck music, but my absolute favorite will always be Pumpkin Cravings.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
So what I'm getting from all of this is that if uu cuts off the leg with Calliope's shackle on it, never sleeps in the Sarswapagus again, and ditches IM's or just blocks everyone who could potentially know Calliope's name, he's effectively killed her.

That seems entirely doable. :ohdear:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Scale Model Giant posted:

That one Effigy Juju near the beginning of the beach is very reminiscent of Jake's entry item (cherub doll hanging from a tree). Though the whole thing about hats, coupled with finding Dad's hat right by the start has me concerned :ohdear:

Also still laughing at SJW Kankri.

The effigy was one of the ones Stitch had from The Felt intermission. In fact, all the jujus you find are from members of The Felt.
The hat was just from Aradia's memory, because she's standing nearby at the time.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but were Mituna's dialogue boxes supposed to look like 4chan/imageboard posts? The blue color combined with his yellow along with the checkbox in the upper left sure made it seem that way.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Calliope is the horrorterrors.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

YF-23 posted:

I don't think the swapcophagus (is that how it's called) would have been in the latest flash (so soon after Aranea said Calliope must be roaming in the dreambubbles!) if not to suggest that Calliope's in it.

It's Sarswapagus, and I'm pretty sure what was in the flash wasn't it, but, as it says, a Juju Chest. Calliope is taking her Juju out of one in her segment just before she gets into the Sarswapagus.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Don't the horrorterrors make the dream bubbles? It's been made pretty clear that the contents change depending on who is in them. I'm pretty sure these are Jack's memories.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Dave's future role in the fight against English was pretty well foreshadowed in the name of his next God Tier.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
The evil behind Caliborn's ascension to Lord English is Lord English. The biggest time loop of them all.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I think it's important to note that we have never seen a dead Gamzee in the dreambubbles, but we've seen multiples of every other troll, even the ones we know are alive in the alpha timeline. To me this indicates that Gamzee doesn't die at ANY point, because unless my understanding of the dreambubbles is insufficient, they exist outside time, so if Gamzee is going to die we'd have conceivably seen a dead one by now.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Mazerunner posted:

Wait, which one's this? I mean I totally agree with what you're saying I just can't think of anyone that fits this description, although it's probably gonna come to me a second after I post this...

Cronus.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

JT Jag posted:

Cronus doesn't really qualify as a "main villain".

He is skeezy though.

Oh, I didn't notice the 'main villains' qualifier, my bad.
I have no idea which main villain is a PUA, in that case.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I can understand how Grandpa Harley got into the medium, but what was he doing with John's copy of Colonel Sassacre's way way way back after John first entered the medium? Since Jade was online the same approximate timeline as John, shouldn't he have already been dead and stuffed at this point unless time shennanigans were involved?

He picked it up after Nannasprite put her message to John in it and dropped it onto LOWAS, I think.

e: Maybe? I guess Meteor Baby John would have had that copy, so I might be wrong.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 30, 2012

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

WAR FOOT posted:

I think the worst part is that Roxy's void powers kept her pretty drat hidden while she was drinking. By trying to be a better person and stop drinking for her friends, she could be located for this treatment. Or at least I think Calliope said that Roxy was voiding up while drunk, I could be misremembering.

I just really hope she doesn't end up in the Wiimonic's chair. :ohdear:

I think it was the opposite; Caliborn was commenting on how the viewport was blacking out when focused on Roxy when he was proclaiming everyone dead. Based on what she was saying earlier (at the time, Caliborn was viewing her), she was starting to sober up.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Rooreelooo posted:

muse massé (no idea where that name came from???)

Massé is another type of pool shot where the cue ball is struck from above with an almost-vertical cue, giving it a topspin and noticeable curve, as opposed to English where the cue ball is struck along its horizontal axis, giving it a sidespin.

As far as I know it's just a clever fan nickname for the concept of a version of Calliope who is as powerful as Caliborn, there's nothing 'official' to it, although at one point when she's talking to Roxy, Calliope does note that she likes the planet Uranus's 'topspin'.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 18, 2012

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I gotta be honest, I'm really hoping that after the intermission, John saves the day in a flash set to 'Encore'.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Hey guys before we go, my best friend's birthday was on 4/13 so I sent him this note with his present, thought you might get a kick out of it:

(If anyone's wondering, the game was Rhythm Heaven Fever)

Okay, bye guys, see you all in several months, or more realistically in the other webcomic-related threads we pretty much all post in.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I had gotten the impression that John was done phasing around the narrative at random, but now I'm wondering if he's able to control the continuity jumps. However, that seems sort of unlikely, as that would make him more powerful than anyone.

I had also gotten the impression that Jade had finished frog breeding, and I could swear that the volcano was where Bilious Slick was meant to incubate, so I'm not even sure what Kanaya and Karkat have left to do.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Popo posted:

Didn't the frog die though and then suffer some weird time poo poo?

There was the flashy-eyed frog that Jade found as a little kid, which Bec killed, but then Jade only needed its ghost imprint to finish her frog. The tadpole she makes clearly has similar traits but I don't think it's the same frog. The tadpole fell into the volcano, so maybe it is dead, I dunno. All of Jade and Dave's frog breeding work seems kind of pointless if that's the case, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I've mentioned this before, but I'm not sure if the Condesce can control humans with the Scorpio powers. If she could, why would she need the tiaratop for Jane? Why would she need to set up this convoluted plan? She could just take over the mind of all the humans in the incisisphere otherwise, and save herself a bunch of antics. With all of the humans gone god-tier, I don't think the trolls would be any match for them if they chose not to cooperate (and on top of that, the Scorpio powers have worked on trolls before, which makes me wonder why HIC isn't using them on them now). I'm pretty sure Jade's just getting the Taurus communing-power end of things.

My money's still on non-evil-Jade being 'asleep' thanks to the powers of manipul8tion while the dog half is being controlled via cOMMUNION, which opens up the possibility that Jade can be woken up via dreambubble to reassert her own free will.