Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
Huh, I was just thinking how I was kinda starting to miss Homestuck, and apparently it's almost back. Cool. If I didn't have a paper due, I'd probably go through the archives again before the 25th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

Well Manicured Man posted:

Going to sleep tonight is going to be like going to sleep on Christmas Eve.

Pft, I don't think so. Maybe if your parents hadn't really promised that they would have your presents out in the morning. And if they'd spent two months wrapping them and keeping you up to date on the wrapping progress. And if they'd bought you SO MANY presents that they weren't even sure that they could fit them all in the house and were looking into renting out the neighbor's.

Ohgodohgodohgod. :f5:

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

RedMagus posted:

English is the Lord of Time

Aradia posted:

the master we serve demands it
Calling the best crossover ever right here :v:

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

standard owl posted:

This makes me wonder if a hero with an aspect like Breath or Blood is responsible for giving the newly created universe its first spark of life, and also which aspects/minimum number of players are absolutely necessary for a game session to actually get anywhere. I think Time and Space have been implied to be constants already.

I've been thinking the same thing. I could see breath being related to creation in the same way that light is related to luck/fate--even more so if you think of it in the context of creation myths. Also there was that scene with Tavros and Vriska when she was dying. I know that all the princes/princesses of the moons can restore life with a kiss, but I'm pretty sure that his is the only case where you see that little breeze symbol coming out of his mouth. Of course, we never got to see what would have happened there, because Vriska.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

I thought Vriska was pretty okay.

Mazerunner posted:

I don't know, to me it looks more like he's inhaling in preparation/psyche up, with the wind gust just being a sort of stylized way of showing it. It doesn't really even match up with the actual Hero of Breath symbol and I kind of feel like it would have shown up again once the situation repeated itself with John (Hero of Breath) kissing Rose (Hero of Light) if it was that important.

Yeah, this is definitely a possibility. It's vague enough that Hussie could take it either way.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

Fagtastic posted:

Regarding the windy thing, here's a reminder if you've forgotten: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005003

Yeah it could be that tavros was going for the straightforward smoochcorpse/wake up the dreamself thing, but I'd bet that breath power thing is there for a reason. John very likely has more powers than we've seen, possibly to do with bringing back the dead. I anticipate a restored WV, for the record.

I can't imagine WV staying dead permanently after being killed so...out of the blue like that. Not in this comic. I am super excited that it was PM who ended up with the ring, though.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

Easy mode: [S] WV: Ascend. Reading it the first time, that was the point where I realized I was in for something really unique. This makes my all time least favorite moment the felt intermission, since the beginning of that was where I caught up with the archives and had to wait for updates. And I just don't understand why everyone likes those guys so much :saddowns:.

Hard mode: Karkat: Troll this worthless human. Everything about it is wonderful, and makes all the troll romance bullshit worth it.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

And what are they? I favor the theory of players who have passed on and finished the haunting/dream bubble phase, myself, but maybe they're just big eldrich monsters.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

LadySage posted:

It really saddens me that I look awful in orange, because I still think that Light has by far the nicest design.

Same here. :( Some of the others are nice, but not quite 40 bucks worth of nice. Guess it's for the best - I don't really need to be spending that money right now anyway.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

How has it been a whole year since Jadesprite was prototyped and Gamzee fondly regarded the miracle of a new beginning? :psyduck:

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

I always figured the Blood aspect was about martyrdom and self-sacrifice. Fits in with the whole Sufferer thing too. We'll find out soonish, I guess.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

So I just watched The Visit and 1) I'm 99% sure that M. Night Shyamalan read Homestuck and 2) he wrapped up character arcs for Dave and Rose better than Hussie ever will.

It was weirdly cathartic and less lovely than most recent Shyamalan movies, so I recommend watching it if you get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I already have seen The Visit (and you're right, it's a pretty good/silly horror movie and I don't regret watching it, although it would have been better if it weren't shot found footage style), but I don't remember any characters named Rose or Dave. Could you explain a little more what you mean?

Haha, okay I was definitely exaggerating, but somehow the serious preteen girl who hides her insecurity behind pretentious long words and hobbies, and the preteen boy who hides his crippling neuroses behind offensively bad raps reminded me of those characters strongly. But, like, more accurate for the ages they're supposed to be.