Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The entire internet is going to crash on Tuesday.

You won't know about 10/25 from your MSPA updater, don't even try. You're going to know it happened when your ISP suffers a catastrophic explosion.

Some will be thought to be freak accidents. But no, that's ridiculous, nothing that ISPs normally handle would be that volatile.

Then there's the terrorist accusations; in theory that makes more sense, at least logistically. But why? Why would terrorists stage a calculated, worldwide attack on every single service provider? It just doesn't make sense. Of course, this gap in logic doesn't stop governments - fingers are pointed, accusations made, and before you know it there's three separate wars going on at once about an act nobody has proof of.

Those of us who know what happened, that it was simply the world's biggest unintended DDoS attack, strong enough to obliterate global communications completely and totally? Do you really think they'd listen to such a ridiculous claim? That the internet was destroyed because a bunch of nerds wanted to know who wears a big green coat?

Nobody will believe that we were witness to this, men. To see the releasing of the red balloons that began the apocalypse. But we will know. And while the world will not believe us, we will be resolute in our personal knowledge that we were there.

P.S. Cal is Lord English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Walliard posted:

-Something is going on a deicidal rampage in the Furthest Ring. Probably not Lrd English. Probably Jack. (Comedy option: Eridan)

It's not a comedy option when it's the most likely result.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
This is pretty much exactly what I expected would happen.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Quick, someone get newgrounds to its quest bed!

But dying to give us the EOA5 flash would be heroic! Which means it's just go right back down again!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
But it's so... it's so close...

We can't wait like this! Not now!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
DAMNIT ME

I will not watch this in poo poo-o-vision! This will be seen in all the glory it was meant to be in! ALL OF IT!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
C'mon download, move faster! I've just gotta get a fix, man, I've just gotta!

I'm almost expecting Megaupload to go down too.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC: Downloading at ~200 KB/S.

[S]Cascade: Downloading at ~10-15 KB/S.

We are loving HAMMERING Megaupload here.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm literally shaking.

That was everythign I could have possibly hoped for.

I don't even know where to start in talking about this. I suppose I'll go with the only thing I verbally exclaimed about : Sollux being the second troll to fulfill his ancestor's role.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Okay, so my friend pointed something out to me.

Technically, the only question that wasn't answered in all of that is Who Lord English is.

But What do we know about Lord English? Has tons of power, consumes universes, exists in a universe chiefly to ensure his own existence, and color of choice is green.

Maybe that wasn't unanswered. Maybe we just saw his destruction, and his creation.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Hey, guys.

Look what I found.

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/homestuck-vol-8

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Frog Forager is so Earthbound it hurts.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Radio Paranoia posted:

Where is my full version of Spider's Claw, Radiation?! :argh:

You have to wait for Homestuck Vol. 64.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Boneless Jogger posted:

Also since Andrew is adding new hoodies to the store, I wonder what the Rage design in particular would look like.

It's just a silhouette of Karkat.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Comic posted:

That's an interesting observation, actually... I wonder if it needs to remain present to continue creating a scratch? I'd hope it is basically useless after the initial trigger.

Actually I think the Beat Mesa was disconnected from LOHAC after the actual act of scratching.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Skepsist posted:

Oh god, the next page will be an introduction to a 13-year-old present day Nanna, and Dad will be her dad.

The entire world will be nearly unrecognisable, ridiculously warmongering and violent, with the new kids being perhaps the only bastions of anything remotely resembling peace we'll ever see.

Except for Dad. Who will be exactly the same loving father.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Comic posted:

Should've just linked the post, some nsfw stuff in that tag :|

http://megalovania.tumblr.com/post/11907897324/null-amped-and-reversed-sounds-familiar-but

Okay, sorry about dragging this up from the depths of Aradiachat, but...

The actual tune doesn't sound familiar, but it sounds like it has the same rhythm and instrumentation as the bit of Spider's Claw on Alternia.

EDIT: Okay, rechecking, it's not quite the same. But it's similar enough that I can be decently convinced that it's part of the same song.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 26, 2011

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

"Windy thing" does seem like a pretty weaksauce power now that we have a dog-lady who can shrink planets.

I think John's strength is in directness.

I mean with the other human players, we have:
-Jade, who can as we said, shrink planets and do other super-versatile things
-Rose, who by my guess can tell the future
-Dave, who can make time his bitch

Now all that stuff could be really useful in a fight, but alone they're not gonna do anything. You need to pair them with something, or use them in very creative ways, for them to do anything when faced with either an omnipotent stab-happy dog or the consumer of realities.

John's use of wind is actually a weapon in and of itself, that can be targeted and directed at his enemies. It can be used as a more direct form of 'support' like the rest of the kids' powers, too - I imagine it's hard to fight when a class 5 tornado's bearing down on you.

He might not have the abstract mega-powers that will have to be put into action to survive in a place like the Furthest Ring, but he's great against more conventional stuff; he'd break the game if it were being played normally.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Pleasant Friend posted:

But why did Karkat think John would think he's a "shithead" for what he's done with Gamzee?

It sounds like a really wussy way to solve the problem.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Nilbop posted:

Possibly the ring also confers restorative powers, considering it gives it's bearer enough power to destroy the universe. It's possible, right?

Well the ring does give the ability to keep a sword in your torso with no ill effect. What's the difference between a self-inflicted sword wound and a foe-inflcited grab wound, really, in the grand scheme of things?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
My favorite thing, on the whole, was probably... Yeah, okay, it was definitely...

quote:

CG: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING NOW.
GG: pw.
CG: SERIOUSLY, WHY DID YOU GO BACK TO SEE HER? YOU DIDN'T MENTION THIS LAST TIME.
GG: listen fuckass
GG: i am going to need a password before we continue
GG: plz <3
CG: RIGHT, OK.
CG: LET'S SEE IF I CAN REMEMBER, IT WAS PRETTY ELABORATE IF I RECALL, OK HERE GOES.
CG: I'M A DISGUSTING WORTHLESS BILGESACK ON THE GARGANTUAN TEAT OF A LABORING, LEPROUS MUSCLEBEAST. MY SELF ESTEEM IS SO SMALL, ITS EXISTENCE IS A MATTER OF CONJECTURE AMONG THEORETICAL PHYSICISTS. I SMELL SO BAD, THE STENCH CANNOT BE EXPRESSED WITH EVEN THE MOST ELOQUENT, FLORID LANGUAGE. THE ODOR MY BODY MAKES HAS MADE POETS CRY. I HAVE WON SPECIAL AWARDS FOR DISCOVERING NEW PLACES TO TOUCH MYSELF EROTICALLY WHILE FARTING. I UNFAIRLY PULVERIZE THE COMPETITION IN rear end in a top hat PAGEANTS, AND I HAVE RECEIVED A LIFETIME BAN FROM UGLY CONTESTS BY PRESIDENT SHITFACE HIMSELF. MY BLOOD IS NOT FIT TO FLOW THROUGH A SEWER, AND MY SIGN IS A PICTOGRAPHIC SYMBOL THAT LOOSELY TRANSLATES AS "PLEASE HIKE THESE PANTS UP TO THIS GUY'S ARMPITS, CHAIN HIM TO A FLOGGING JUT, AND MAKE A loving EXAMPLE OUT OF THIS SORRY SACK OF poo poo." WHEN I LOOK IN A MIRROR, MY REFLECTION SLOWLY SHAKES HIS HEAD WHILE I WET MYSELF IN SHAME.
GG: ....................... :|
CG: WHAT, THAT WAS IT, WASN'T IT. HOW WAS THAT NOT loving IT, DID I FORGET AN APOSTROPHE SOMEWHERE?
GG: no karkat, that was not quite the password

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
...I'd work out something to say about what just happened, but I really don't think I possibly could verbalise what just happened.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Waffnuffly posted:

Wait, what? There was a Squiddles flash?

If I recall there's a Squiddles cartoon packed in with the Squiddles soundtrack.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Dolash posted:

I mean think about it. For all the damage he's done, this evil Cal-faced Hulk isn't really someone we're personally invested into as a villain. He's got a lot of dread and fear built up, but he's not got much of a personal connection to anyone.

I think this is where him being part Cal is going to come in, myself. Yes, of all the characters in play, only a bare minimum actually know who Lord English is. Rose knows him by name, and I think Aradia does too, and something's telling me Jade might but I don't know what.

But Cal is Dave's greatest foe, and something all the kids and trolls are in some way familiar with.That's the foe they're going up against from their point of view. They're not fighting Lord English. They're fighting Big Cal; and that's saying nothing about the trolls coming face to face with the Vast Honker that Gamzee's been going on about all this time.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Eiba posted:

Names? Forget that, the weirdest thing will be them speaking. Like, with lines and stuff!

Just imagine... Bro... saying something.

I sure can't.

Everyone else will talk like normal, but Bro knows that talking just isn't cool anymore.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
We won't get an update.

Because Skyrim is Act 6. Tamriel is the post-Scratch universe.

...Wait, gently caress, I should've put that in spoiler tags.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Does anyone know what the upside-down daedric on the screen says?

I'm not liking the sight of that caduceus on the top of it, though... That's the sign of a doctor, and I haven't met one I can trust yet!

EDIT: Why is there a Dr. Manhattan picture on the wall?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I think I can already tell how the post-scratch session is poised to win their game more effectively than the pre-scratch session. They all have good connections, which gives them the power to start off on a much better foot.

We can already tell, Jane is the heir to the Betty Crocker throne. She has enough at her disposal to build Liv Tyler in her spare time, and she can throw all she has at this.

Mom Lalonde evidently has the kind of ridiculous scientry to just have a fourth wall lying around the house.

Bro Strider's family will clearly have a lot of money from the profits of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: THE MOIVE. So he probably has some dangerous gear lying around.

Who knows about Hass Harley, though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Meme Emulator posted:

What the gently caress ever, regardless, if we spend 4 months crusing around with dipshits i dont care about Im going to be Mad AS Heck

Sweet, I'll be Hogan's Heroes.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I don't even have time to entertain the two hundred posts I see that I haven't read.

I'm just going to assume everyone is screaming and going 'holy poo poo' at Jake's name and is now reduced to just blubbering in the corner.

Just like me.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Oh my god, Bro's hair is a thing of majesty.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

King of Solomon posted:

Now that I thought about it, the lack of a Problem Sleuth 2 is pretty disappointing.

I consider the Midnight Crew Intermission a de facto Problem Sleuth sequel. It's just as screwy.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
We need to see Kid Mom, and we need to see it yesterday.

EDIT: Also, implications of Bro's bunny is pretty good too.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 13, 2011

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Kid Bro's name will by Andy Hussman.

That's really all you need to know.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Kidmom is the hero of Void? That's an interesting one.

Also, I don't know why, but UU feels especially hard to read for me.

By the way, to make this even more impregnable to casual readers, I propose that we call him You.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I've got it! It's so simple!

UU's just a troll. Not as in grey-skinned, horns, all colors of the rainbow blood.

She's just a shut-in nerd leading Jane on because it's funny.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Bro is gooing to be a hipster brony.

He was into horses before it was cool.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Spellman posted:

And Tomb of the Ancestors is out: http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/album/tomb-of-the-ancestors

Okay, on one hand, a lot of this is really loving cool. Some of it I wasn't sold on really quickly, but it's all really good, some of it downright fantastic. wwretched wwaltz is just so perfectly 'evil pirate', Immaculate Peacekeeper is really tranquil and perfectly befitting of any form of Mary analog, 0_0 is like trying to make an actual tune out of Giygas' second form and succeeding, Dishonorable Highb100d sounds like somebody having an epileptic fit on a drum set, synthesiser and keyboard all at once but somehow it makes it work as a song and for the character, and the laughter chorus in SUBJUGGLATION is legitimately terrifying and I would never have expected or thought of it.

But on the other hand... Does anyone else get the feeling not all of this really fits? Some of it feels like it was designed for a character it's not attributed to.the Wiionic's theme doesn't really strike me as terribly reminiscent of him at all, the Condesce's and Disciple's themes feel like they were written for grown up versions of the trolls we're familiar with rather than the characters themselves, and someone's going to have to explain to me how a gradually breaking down synthesised voicebox fits Mindfang at all.

Spider8ite's still really loving cool despite it, though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

MrBims posted:

The songs were made waaay back when, off of the composer's 'headcanons' of the ancestors who hadn't been revealed yet. Pretty disappointing when Betty Crocker turned out to be this immortal Machiavellian dictator who doesn't give a gently caress, and her song here may as well just be a Feferi song slowed down a bit.

Yeah, that's what I gathered. The Sufferer's, Wiionic's, Disciple's, Condesce's and maybe Darkleer's themes were probably all written before we actually learned about the characters in question. I mean they're all good songs, and Darkleer's fits in sort of a 'wild shot in the dark' way, but they're clearly not written for the characters they ended up being attributed to.

Still worth it for the half of the album that does fit, though.

EDIT: Forgot somehow that Empress and Condesce are the same.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Amateur Sketch posted:

I'm down with the singing until the background singers/ mind-controlled minions chime in. Still pretty catchy.

I draw the line at the busted voicebox dragging the song forcefully out to a 4:13 runtime, but I think it's testament to the strength of the song that it survives all of this to be easily the best song on the album.