Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
With how large this thing must be I'm anticipating no less then 16 preloader psycheouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

marsattacks posted:

There's going to be an Act 6 and an Act 7, right? I know Hussie's said that 6 is going to not be nearly as long as 5, and 7's going to be fairly miniscule, but how long does everybody think each one is going to be?

Act 6 will probably be as long as act 4 and act 7 will probably balloon to the size of act 5 part 2

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Don't get me wrong I like this new album but uhhh

Quality control seems a bit lacking at times. I mean, I'm 99% certain Lotus (Bloom) is a carbon copy of something else. Barely remixed if at all. I wish I could remember the Final Fantasy or whatever it's from.

It sounds a great deal like some tunes from FF10 & 12, same instrument composition, key, and tempo but they are different songs.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Hussie just posted the third part of his clarification of events. This makes it more obvious why Jack did what he did here: first he saw the incoming Scratch, so he hopped a meteor out of there. Then, hey, this universe is being destroyed! Time to use this convenient exit device. Another session? Better smash all their planets so they can't scratch it.

Act 5 - Jack Noir Kills EVERYONE

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Regy Rusty posted:

The reason I'm pretty sure there will be reset adult versions of the kids is that J refers to Jade as his grandmother.

It could be an ectobiological grandsom

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

That was there when the walls were set up. Just to get this out of the way: you might notice that it's a yellow yardstick, too.

Incidentally, making the other side of the fourth wall huge enough for the ship to fit through has made it come out really tiny on this side. I guess if Jade doesn't for some reason lose access to her powers or anything it'll be trivial for her to fix the scale issue (assuming she can affect herself that way) but it's still amusing to picture a tiny Prospitian battleship suddenly bursting into Jack Noir's office (or wherever this goes).

All assuming John and Jade don't spend the entire rest of the story just hanging out in Hussie's study, of course.

She didn't make the wall large enough to fit through, she made the ship small enough

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

YggiDee posted:

What terribly crazy people programmed Trollian/Pesterchum anyway? Someone sat down and said "Y'know, this program is pretty cool, but what if you need a group chat with people from another dimension in the future?"

Either Sollux or people who were manipulated into making it by scratch so it would be available to the trolls to exert influence on the kids. Also maybe frog temple tech.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Meme Emulator posted:

Heres the hard core long and short of it: I dont give a gently caress about the genderswapped kids in the postscratched session. If we dont get back on track in a week I will bring down the righteous indignation like the world has never seen. Just show me the kids and lets get a loving Moveon here, people

Its not genderswapped, its a guardian/kid swap. Jane is Nanna you know like how the troll ancestors were the first players, then scratched and their ancestors became the players and they became the ancestors.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So crazy theory

I think the Guardians when originally sent off on meteors in the first session were in fact sent to the scratched session. The guardians all seem to have inside knowledge of the game (with the exception of John's dad)and are exceedingly powerful. However due to the cancerous nature of the session they end up in a situation where they scratch starting universe 1 again.

Essentially its a mobius-double reach around mixed in with groundhog day. This also could also explain the 8 planet screen showed in the lab back in act 3 and both sessions seem to be able to reach other since liv tyler was partially manufactured in the scratched session

ninja edit: They may also just reenter the unscratched universe at some point arbitrarily to perpetuate the loop since I don't think the kids as we know them are in the new session, having left through the 4th wall or still being in the outer ring.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Tollymain posted:

Well, Doc did say the Scratch would result in a race better prepared for SBURB...

Still, this is kind of ridiculous.

So are toddlers building their own homes

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Walliard posted:

Perhaps. But this would result in someone entering without a kernelsprite, which means the Battlefield probably wouldn't be fully-prototyped. Which would be a bad thing.

Unrelated: Tomb of the Ancestors being released possibly tonight, possibly for free.

To clarify: this was to be Robert Blaker's solo album. He's the guy who made Upward Movement and Unbreakable Union.

That comment about administrative nightmares sounds rather ominous, there isn't another music team drama bomb incoming is there?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Tensei posted:

No drama I'm aware of. I think administrative nightmares refers to getting stuff uploaded on bandcamp, finding cover art, etc.

Ah that makes far more sense

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Jake pulls a 2x callback combo

Expecting fanart of Navi Jake in 3...2...

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So Bro makes robotic puppets now,
That could end up being real frightening

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Well Manicured Man posted:

This is a song about the Warhammer of Zillyhoo, greatest of weapons. "Forged in fire by the smiths of Pipplemop, commissioned by the sage Lord of the Wozzinjay Fiefdom in the Realm of the Snargly Fruzmigbubbins"; majestic, poweful, and wielded only by the bravest warriors (and Gamzee), muses have sung of it throughout the universe: that a legendary hero would inherit the great warhammer and use it to smite down evil in all its bahahahahaha oh god i just wrote a big, totally serious song for this thing

(click it!)

:sbahj:

Thats amazing

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Thundarr posted:

The Green Sun, of course.

"Alright brobot, you've had your fun. Now it's time to step off, because here comes the Sun!"

This is how B2 Earth ends.

Look for this panel on Dec. 21st

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

YggiDee posted:

Well, Dante Basco has a blog... and now he's reading Homestuck. This is gonna get weird. :stare:

Got links (about the homestuck part)?

Also its nice to have confirmation that all the sprites survived :3:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Do parts of the second song in the flash "Taste for Adventure" remind anyone else of Final Fantasy 7's music?

Also cannot wait for the full version of both of the songs.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Desumaytah posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm going to need an avatar of English on this page, ASAP.

Really like the greek omega symbol his coat is making. Symbolizing English as the end.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I hope this at least means someone with a legitimate entry gets their tracks in now

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Blaine the Train posted:

Holy crap this flash is awesome but I'm dumb as hell. Can anyone help?

Do I have to rotate the lights so they bounce off all the mirrors, or am I missing something a lot more obvious?

The pits are dark and you need a light source

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
IT LIVES

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
drat 51 tracks.
Up to firefly (track 4) no misses yet.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The full version of Another Jungle is fantastic, I hope its used in its entirety in a flash at some point.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The version of a taste for adventure used in the comic doesn't do justice to the 8 and a half minute long version, probably my favorite so far.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The new hiatus is pretty much waiting for new episodes of a tv show in practice.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
We're actually going to be meeting the 2 canon fantrolls who will be destroyed by the impending english time cracks.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

President Ark posted:

Maybe she's drinking because she saw her date was going to be a disaster, thus causing the date to be a disaster in a self-fulfilling prophecy? :tinfoil:

I've seen it happen often enough that I'm guessing this is it.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Has anything ruled out the possibility that Lord English was a previous iteration of Caliborn from a failed session and that the one we're seeing now is a separate entity?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Just a note that the revised gifs all have retcon as a part of the file name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

sirtommygunn posted:

Update Spoilers:

EVERYBODY'S loving DEAD, ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE IS loving DEAD