Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Alright, you bastards who have actually seen it, give us a summary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Troll blood. In the coffee.

I knew I could count on it, it never fails.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm holding out hope that this new fantroll - Erebus, can you believe it - is just posing as a pink[?]blood and dyed his hair to pretend to be one.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
But tell me how Rufioh, or Horrus, or Cronus are going to ever be relevant to the plot. This guy had a robohorse body for a while! This guy thinks he's a horse, and this guy a human greaser! Yes, Otherkin are stupid and ridiculous. The bit about Cronus' Hope aspect being passed to Eridan passed to Jake could have been excised completely without any real loss. Did the name English and complete set of evil-time-demon-hocking computers not give away the fact that this little island nerd kid is probably gonna have something to do with the O.G. English? Who cares. Dave Strider is the Pimpslayer.

I think I'm more Stockholm Syndromed by Homestuck, now. I sort of want to stop reading, but by God, I'm going to see it through till the end.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Everybody seems kind of upset over the lack of a flash. Luckily, an enterprising YouTuber has got you covered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpjFcWXiVWI
Warning: kind of dumb.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Wasn't Homestuck supposed to end on April 13, 2013, or was that just speculation? This might come off as whiny, but I sort of want it to be over, already. Let's see the end and move on.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Remember peak Homestuck? I'm not sure I do, anymore. :(

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I haven't really kept up since the first big gigapause. Which was like. After the Scratch interlude. Like I know what's going on (everyone's not dead because John rewrote history because somebody wrote themselves into a corner) but I only really have a morbid curiosity to see this through. Just let Vriska win. Everyone*'s happy.

*a term which here means 'Vriska'

(the trickster stuff was stupid as hell)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Something something piss in a bucket and shove it into a bug.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
When was Lord English made out of glasses again?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
you're all still here? folks. it's okay. homestuck is over. we can move on.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Remember the Scratch? When there was a surprising narrative change and big things were happening and we were reaching toward a conclusion?

And then there were about eighteen new characters introduced? :negative: I bought in a hundo on Hiveswap when I was not in a position to do so. On the positive side, it taught me that I shouldn't spend poo poo on Kickstarters without being very sure about it. If anyone wants my stupid poster and tarot cards, fifty plus shipping. :negative: :negative: :negative:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The books are kinda funny for the commentary but even the early flashes lose out for lacking the music.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What's not to understand? The Green Sun gets depowered, so English isn't a problem, and even if he was there's still an army of ghosts to slow him down for the heroes to get to the finish line. Betty Crocker Space Alien is killed by the John/Rose/Kanaya(?) teamup... the good guys win and live in a new world they make. To put it in other words:

ROSE: This almost makes it official.
ROSE: I have no comprehensible path. There's nothing to overcome, no lesson to learn, no cathartic light at the end of this preposterous tunnel.
ROSE: Not for me, at least!
ROSE: I seriously have the DUMBEST arc anyone could conceivably imagine.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
(I buy ICP merch) haha, fuckass!!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Strangely, the cessation of content for over a year is a great way to dissolve a community, especially when you don't have a projected date for content to begin again.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It just didn't feel worth it to go back and see the REMIXED TIMELINE. Like, okay, this character lives, sure, we're just gonna ignore how that changes the entirety of the Meteor Crew's dynamic, whatever. Maybe I'll go back and reread HS one day. But I'll probably stop when they introduce the fuckin Beforus trolls again because christ, who thought that was a good idea.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Scarodactyl posted:

I will say, Cool and New Webcomic has carried the torch, both as a good comic that captures the spirit of old homestuck effectively and as a new nucleus for some of the fandom. Here I am, still disappointed and sad about the ending and subsequent hiveswap issues, and still making track art for fan albums for a fancomic. It would be sad if I weren't having so much fun with it (or maybe, that was the sad part all along??)

Post your art.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff 2?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
oh jake you have such an important role in this and such an important destiny

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The first one should append every phrase with IM A SEXUAL VIDEO GAME. not sure about the second

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Freak Futanari posted:

It wasn't, Namco High was an EPIC fail.

Oh God. I thought that game was all just a nootropic fever dream. It was real! :negative:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The meta came around because the author was too enamored with his awful fanbase that he wrote around 12 bit characters devoted to them, and then when that wasn't enough, went back on previous decisions to push away any plot progression in favor of Silly Boy's Arm Saves Day.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
hahahahahaha

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
remember when they made rose a wacky alcoholic even when she hated that about her mother? #lols! people don't have arcs, that's why I can write everyone completely out of character!

my homestuck tarot cards are on sale cheap

Bogart fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 24, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Haha, if you want 'em, sure. I'm on the East Coast. These are the cards that came with the Paid Too Much tier on Kickstarter. The cards are fine, the packaging's a little beat up because it's crappy cardboard. I'd let em go for $10 plus shipping.

:e :33<

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Rose's alcoholism is something that could have been explored in an interesting way, but wasn't.

Most of Homestuck can be described as "__________ something that could have been explored in an interesting way, but wasn't."

Yeah, that's more what I was bothered by. It was all just handled as a gag and like haha now Rose can't See because she's too blotto.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 25, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Freak Futanari posted:

Has anyone ever actually used the Homestuck tarots for a tarot reading, and if so, did it predict the recipients immediate death

They just say Die Bogart Die Die Die. Which is weird, because I didn't think they had a Bogart card.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Namco student dating game

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
fart

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Page 2022 is much better than 2021.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
"Where all the kickstarter money went"

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I was thinking about how many characters you could excise from Homestuck without really losing the main thread (or at least characters that should have stayed dead and not returned). Here is my basic list: Sollux, Tavros, Nepeta, Feferi, Eridan, Equius, ancestors, horrorterrors, denizens, all of the alphas trolls, all of the carapacians not called Jack, GCat, Caliborn, Lil Cal, the beta trolls spriteified, The Felt.

Characters it would be unacceptable to cut: Fedorafreak, Charles Dutton. :colbert:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Clawtopsy posted:

isn't that what the retcon did

fake edit: ohhhhh, i misread, i thought you said 'characterization'

:drat:

Yeah, I guess some hardcore whittling would take you down to John, Rose, Dave, Terezi, Vriska, Karkat, Jack.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Mara

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I wanna see Rose gently caress a dead vampire bug tailor.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Buy my dumbass tarot cards

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
SAY IT AIN'T SO. I WILL NOT GO. TURN THE LIGHTS OFF. CARRY ME HOMEstuck

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Arby's twitter is just amazing because it's so tangentially related to Arby's and yet nobody has stopped them from posting nerd poo poo.

editor's note: i write that twitter

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The ending of Mass Effect is Shepard going up to the Catalyst and punching the Reaper King. There wasn't a little ghost boy. That was a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
whinny.wav