Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

And we will discover that post-scratch, MSPaint Adventures is made by none other than Mr. Ryan North, necessitating another author-avatar smackdown to regain control of the comic.

Alright, screw Problem Sleuth 2, I want RyanQuest 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Alectai posted:

tl;dr: The Lord English Glitch is "You don't have the tools to make a Genesis Frog", and pointing out the "You weren't created in that session!" was a red-herring. True, but completely meaningless in it's proper context. He hasn't won yet, but he's basically entered the victory lap at this point, and it'd take a completely unexpected shift to make him lose.

Wasn't it mentioned at one point that the Beat Mesa and its equivalents are always in the Hero of Time's land? If so, how can they even scratch in the first place if this happens?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Cheeseball IV posted:

YES

HELL YES

HELL

loving

YES

This succinctly sums up how I feel right now. I wonder why he forbade Jane from going outside, though.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
For that matter, I still think that Aradia's equivalent to the Beat Mesa was shown here

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

KoB posted:

Judging from Jake's frog temple, it seems to know that there will be 8 players. The temple looks to have 8 pillars to correspond to this.

I'm fully expecting another "MOBIUS DOUBLE REACH AROUND" panel somewhere down the line.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

...Hussie's actually going to the Olive Garden? :aaaaa:

This is bigger than any plot twist Homestuck has to offer.

I am proud to have seen this moment.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Fortis posted:

There probably isn't. In all likelihood, since Doc Scratch was the one who convinced the kids to reset their universe, it was so that he could be the First Guardian of the post-reset Earth.

I'm willing to bet that not only will post-scratch Earth's first guardian be cue-ball headed, but he'll be exactly the same as Alternia's Doc Scratch. Doc did say that instances of him exist in countless universes. He did not say they were actually different from one another. Haa haa. Hee hee. Hoo hoo.

It would be incredibly satisfying to see Doc Scratch be beaten at his own game, so I'm actually kind of hoping that's the case. Assuming he does get beaten, of course.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

CidGregor posted:

In response to this and the ten other answers like it, I was more asking what it might mean thematically from a storytelling perspective that mom and bro keep their namesakes but Jane and Jake do not (since previously people had wondered if ALL the reset kids might have somehow taken/been given names of known villains or what have you), as opposed to the literal reason for it.

Well, their last names already fit with the 11 letter long names for one. (Egbert and Harley are 1 letter away from that.) That's probably why their names were changed in the first place, though obviously there are other story reasons for the change as well.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dolash posted:

Is Hussie going to do Jake's panels next, or one of the two unrevealed reset guardians?

Part of me thinks the whole selection thing was a joke because of how it pointed out that you can't select the ones with "??" or ones with panels that aren't done yet. That only leaves Jane, and it would be Hussie style humor to keep it that way. I hope it does loop back to Jake, though. Either way, the character select screen will probably be used for reals later on even if it isn't now.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Another bit of information that was confirmed in that pesterlog (botherlog?) was that Jane has indeed had attempts on her life as theorized before, explaining why Dad doesn't let her outside.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Completely silly thought: Would a technology-inclined alcoholic have a use for magnetic wodka?

This reminds me that I hope we get some Alchemizing sessions with these kids. I want to know what sort of ridiculous things they'd make.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

Well Christmas is coming and Hussie loves going "poo poo, lets be santa." so I'm sure we'll get some goodies.

And by us, I mean the (new?) kids.

True, I guess it's a question of how fast the pace will be for the earlier parts of the act. He didn't do it with the Trolls, but there aren't 12 characters to go through this time so who knows.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Robo Pope posted:

What I wanna know is what's gonna happen with the prototyping of the imps and other enemies. We know that prototyping carries over into other sessions because of Jack, but when the kids show up in the guardian session, will there basically be two different sets of possible prototyped imps running around, or will things merge into a mix of prototyping from all 8 kids?

Also, another thought. If the guardian kids don't get their own Time hero like we're all assuming, then there won't be any do overs for the 8 player session. Dave's Beat Mesa was left behind in the old session to cause the Scratch in the first place, so unless there's multiple Beat Mesas on Dave's planet (which it is pretty heavily implied that there isn't) this is their last shot.

Somewhere in the Seer: Descend flash it said that it was possible to add more orbs to a ring, so the pre-scratch kids might just end up adding their prototypes to the post scratch kids session. Of course, First Guardian prototyped Black King and Queen would still be hard to deal with this way. Better than Jack having it though, I suppose.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Well, speaking of Vriska and Jake...that newest update isn't exactly being subtle.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
By "pave the way for the arrival of gods", I suppose that could also mean the Horrorterrors of the Furthest Ring. I don't think it's likely, mind you. But I will just throw that out there anyway.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Oh poo poo, Sawtooth and Squarewave actually playing a role in an MSPaint Adventure! This is all I've ever wanted. :allears:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Where does it talk about this? I thought God-Tier was just one level above all others, where you have increased abilities and can only die a just or heroic death.

Vriska said in [S] John: Enter Village that there were multiple god tier levels, and also implies that despite what she says, she didn't actually get all the levels. She also says (in a different update) John would end up stronger than her, presumably because he goes further in the god tier echeladder.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Seoinin posted:

I think Doc Scratch mentions that one of the reasons Vriska even stands a chance against Jack is because of all the XP she got from getting the killing blow on the black king.

Additionally this tells us that Homestuck has a lovely experience system.

Andrew said one time (after the strife against the first guardian powered imp with Jade) that experience is divided depending on who participates in the battle, much like many rpgs. Which is why John got two level ups after beating his first imp, and Jade got one. (since becsprite was with her) So it wasn't really Vriska getting the killing blow rather than being the only one who can still gain levels at that point. But really, that's such a retarded detail to sperg out about that I feel ashamed just for bringing it up.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Man, if Dave Rose called Jade's version of the place Hellmurder Island, what would she call this one?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

FT posted:

Here:

Of course it's giant.

What other sort of FAUNA would be living on an island?

To make it a bit more clear, I'll shamelessly repost what someone else made:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Hahaha, Tinkerbull will never stop having hilariously quick deaths.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Hahaha, I only just noticed the smiley face in the water ripples on the first panel of the update.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

The Fucky posted:

Am I just being paranoid, or does anyone else see this? On the second panel of this page, before Goatdad rises to the surface, the waves in the middle make a big :o) Gamzee smiley, no?

I mentioned it earlier on the page, so yeah you're not paranoid. It's the same type of lusus Gamzee had so it's definitely intentional.

Edit: Well, earlier on the last page now. You get what I mean.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
It'd be nice if there were a strife flash, especially since the last one was almost almost a year ago at this point. But like Chunky I doubt there will be one, especially after the fake crabdad strife. (I know that was a callback but still)

Also obligatory "gently caress yes, Homestuck Book One!" :)

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dizz posted:

E: or all the text is Comic Sans.

Instead of Homestuck Book one, it's actually Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff book three. There are no SBaHJ books one and two btw

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Here's a (kind of lovely) picture of Homestuck book one's cover for those curious.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Crack open a page and take a picture of the ~in~siiiiide.

I mean, providing that doesn't get you into trouble I guess.

I wasn't the one who took that pic. :ssh:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Pleasant Friend posted:

Bro log incoming in 3... 2... 1...

How do people figure out there will be an update before it's posted? I've seen this elsewhere too. You can't just look a page ahead like you could during the scratch segment. At least I think you can't. It doesn't work for me. :tinfoil:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I hope before the comic is finished, there's a memo with all the human Derse kids. It will just be endless snark, forever.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Talorat posted:

I was under the impression that the stuffed creature in Jade's house was literally Typheus seeing as it matched the icon for the web browser with the same name.

Hamilton Bicycle already said this, but Jade said in one of her pesterlogs that Grandpa called it Typheus' minion.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Oh hey, look at this. Hero of Life and Hero of Void god tier hoodies.

Edit: Also according to Hussie's tumblr, the final four god tier designs will be released later this week.

Boneless Jogger fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 5, 2011

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Would this mean that the "Eridan is a metaphor for Obama" fandom secrets thing is now canon? Because I think I could live with that.

I'll only be satisfied with this if it also confirms that Vriska is a metaphor for Vriska.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I've missed the echeladder jokes. The next level on the ladder is kind of ominous, though. It could just mean she has no genetic parent thanks to weird ectobiology poo poo, but it could also mean Not Good Things for Dad. :ohdear:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

And now Jake is being torn apart.

I can't watch. It's just to horrifying.

R.I.P. Jake. There's no way out of this one. You were too good for this world. :911:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

YF-23 posted:

e: oh god why did Bro program it to do that

Why wouldn't he? I've been waiting for this callback forever. :allears:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Lupus Rufus posted:

After rereading some bits in the Scratch intermission, I suspect that we won't see JohnJadeRoseDave again until after the guardian kids enter their own session, likely via JadeJohn busting through RL's fourth wall, and the Green Sun folks just wandering into the session from the furthest ring.

Karkat specifically mentions their final destination being the post-scratch SESSION. So we still have probably a while's to go.

UU actually came out and said that they wouldn't meet any of the b1 kids until they're in the game, so yeah. There wasn't anything about how early/far in the game they'd arrive, though. And while a lot of people think UU is suspicious, on this statement at least it doesn't seem like there would be any reason to lie.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Armadillos! posted:

Bro saying to Jade, "And here comes Mister Meatloaf"

Jake saying, "Dave's comic is making my dizzy..."

:gonk:

This is actually foreshadowing how Homestuck ends.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Silva posted:

I'm not quite convinced on the whole Jane just died thing, that would conflict with pretty much everything UU was talking about. We'll see how this turns out in act6 act 2 then, unless we all fell for the notorious Hussie psyche-out.

Well obviously Jane's not dead for good, but her real self could be dead. There's a few ways this could play out. She might become a ghost like the other maid, and her dreamself will be taken to a crypt. Maybe she'll get a robot self as well if this is the case. She also could awaken on Propit and start the whole slow dreamself death thing, which seems more likely. Even more likely than that though, is that Andrew will take this in another direction altogether that we didn't see coming.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I wonder if the kids will god tier in the opposite method their b1 equivalent reached god tier in this universe. That is, the Derse kids god tier using method 1 (that is, the way John and Jade (kinda) did) and the Prospit kids use method 2 like Dave and Rose. Jake has only one life left and Jane probably does as well, so they're probably restricted to method 2. The Derse kids may also lose their first lives but having the b2 kids god tier in opposite ways sounds like the sort of parallel Andrew would employ.

Edit:

Android Blues posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot that! Okay just Gamzee Karkat and Terezi then. And the three other reset kids.

Karkat, Gamzee, and Terezi had their dreamselves murdered if you're counting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I endorse this if when we get there nothing makes sense. Bro is god-tier, Lalonde is a robot, they're fighting alongside three trolls that we've never met, and Ace Dick is their opponent.

That would be amazing. What would also be amazing is if Hussie does a fast forward like that where nothing makes sense, then goes "You know what, let's go back to where we left off after all" and then we get to see how that happened.