Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
The flash is actually going to be act 6.

Like, all of it. At once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

FutureSushi posted:

Also the fervour on Tumblr has reached the point where my friend posted a "leak" of the music team's work for the EOA5 music that actually just "rear end 'N Titties" mashed up with Sburban Jungle and it got a whole mess of people reblogging it like "I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL BUT HERE EVERYONE" and a lot of really angry posts about disrespecting the music team by posting their work and it was great.

You say this, and you don't post a link to that mashup? For shame. :colbert:

e: also, HUSSIE YOU loving TEASE :arghfist::byodood:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 23, 2011

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Radiation posted:

People think some stupid stuff. Someone out of nowhere asked if I was doing voice acting for the EoA, I jokingly said yes, and people believed it long after I stated that it was a joke.

Then, weeks later, Octopimp joked that he was voice acting in the EoA, despite the joke already being deader than a horse at a dogfood-and-glue-factory being beaten by a broom with a chainsaw on the end. And people believed it.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the EoA!

So since you have insider information, tell me this:

On a scale of one to ten, how many bricks am I going to poo poo after the EoA?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

What the gently caress? Go watch Jaws, you hacks. It's a legitimately good movie.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

The great movies I haven't seen could fill a library...

Well, guess you know what you're doing tomorrow! :colbert:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Well this was the best possible thing to wake up to. :stare:

I was like "Okay, it has to end soon, right?... Jesus christ, it's still going. There's still more. IT KEEPS HAPENING. :sbahj:"

e: the beat mesa took off from LOHAC before dog tier jade shrunk it, so they aren't taking the reset button with them

President Ark fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 25, 2011

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Holy poo poo the project wonderful adspaces are going for 150$ right now :stare:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Walliard posted:

Dog vs. postal worker was foreshadowed here.

But wait. If dogs hate postal workers, does that mean PM is going to go insane from the internal conflict now? :ohdear:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Ograbme posted:

I might be getting fan theory confused with foreshadowing, but wasn't Jack's entry to Sgrub supposed to be less than voluntary?

That was mostly fan theory - nobody really knew why he was there.

Until now, anyway.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

curiousTerminal posted:

Seems to me green sun energy is just a coincidence, to me it looks more like Prospit dreamers get quest beds on their planets, and Derse dreamers get them in the center of the moon.

Dave had a regular quest bed, remember?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

I seriously doubt Aradia is evil. She might have irons in the fire some poo poo in the background we don't know about, but seriously, what character in this loving webcomic doesn't?

Besides John, I mean. He's way too derp to be a plotter.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

You guys are thinking way too linear.

The kid's session is the last Sburb session and the first one at the same time. The kids create the Green Sun (and possibly also Lord English), which being nonlinear propagates itself backwards through the timeline, ensuring its own creation and making sure LE has universes to eat. So in that regard, it's the "first" - but it's also the last (probably) in that we're very definitely leading up to some sort of final showdown with LE leading up to the sequence of events that ends the whole paradoxial clusterfuck that defines existence in Homestuck, leading off to something else entirely.

I mean really, would Hussie make the last act anything less confusing? I think not.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Ooh! Jack Noir also probably hasn't killed Nanna Egbert! Yet.

Well he did trigger the reckoning which sent the meteors down, one of which killed her. So indirectly he did! :downs:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Wait, at what point did any Jack, ever, kill Jade? The whole point is kinda the fact that he can't.

Dream jade.

Well, sort of.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

While you're waiting for an update, Andrew posted part 4 of the flash recap-explanation-thing on his blog.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Ograbme posted:

The fate of Snowman's ring is still unknown, right?

We have no reason to believe it was anything but destroyed. Karkat said as much.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

creationist believer posted:

Pop-a-matic Vrillyhoo Hammer is an awesome name for a weapon.

The god tier mechanics explanation is really interesting. Scratch's quote about Rose having a 50% chance at reaching godhood seems like funny math to me. To me, it sounds like his logic is that there's a 50% chance Rose goes god tier through option one, 50% chance through option two, and Scratch knows that she won't go with option one, therefore there's a 50% chance she'll reach god tier? Maybe he's not a gambling man just because he's bad at math.

I think the idea is that the 50% fail rate was because he knew she'd achieve it by the moon-core-explosion-bed route, so if he was speaking to Rose and she tried to do it on her quest bed she would fail (because that's not what she was supposed to do and she'd get split into a beta timeline and be doomed)

Which... kind of makes sense?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Shavnir posted:

Well main updates start up again on 11/11/11. Dude loves his numbers doesn't he?

There will be content in the meantime, though:

quote:

I WILL however plan to post a short intermission between now and then. I will let you know when this date approaches.

Hopefully this doesn't balloon into another Midnight Crew intermission taking up 3 months.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Boneless Jogger posted:

The Midnight Crew intermission didn't even last a full month. (whoops, beaten)

This is obviously going to be the 48 squiddles intermission.

Each squiddle will be introduced and killed in the same update.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

John and Jade are going to continue being John and Jade. They didn't stay in the session to get scratched with it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Pleasant Friend posted:

I don't think the Condesce is Betty Crocker, I mean sure, it could happen, but I'm betting Hussie is misdirecting us like with Doc Scratch's front door. The only thing Scratch said about where he sent the Condesce was that it was a place Lord English couldn't go himself, and Earth doesn't really meet that description. I'm betting she's the person who's supposedly killing all the horrorterrors. What's more fitting for a Feferi's ancestor.

The other reason why people think she's crocker is the insignia on her battleship very strongly resembles the Betty Crocker logo (similar outline, same color scheme and design)

Also nana's whole "She was not really human!" story she told to FF.

e: Oh wait, you meant something else. :downs:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 27, 2011

President Ark
May 16, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

I hope it turns out that Scratched Earth is where we all actually live, thus explaining why the world failed to end back in April of 2009.

Also if throughout history we've been socially engineered to be as ruthless and bloodthirsty as possible by a cueball puppet man who lives on the moon, it easily explains why we keep having all these wars.

I would be unironically furious if this turned out to be the case, because it'd be the most predictable, cliched plot twist imaginable.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

I'm rereading Homestuck and I'm in act 5 and I noticed a huge plot hole that will blow this poo poo wide open.

How does Vriska know Italian? :downs:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Everything we have was inherited from the troll universe.

Except for John Cusack, who is a universal constant.

John Cusack is Lord English.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

XkyRauh posted:

Or French, for that matter! :downs:

Well that time was the narrator, it doesn't count. :pseudo:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hold on, where is everyone getting this talk about the eight player session from? I don't remember reading anything hinting about that. Or is it something super tiny that I missed the first time, like the idea that the 48 zodiac signs of Alternia meant that Alternia was spawned by a 48 player session.

It was a super tiny detail, yes. There's a diagram in the lab Rose goes into waaaaay back in act (2?) showing an 8-player session.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'd disagree because I'm pretty sure Sollux is able to project the asteroid at exactly the speed of plot. The window will be sufficient for his purposes.

No, Jade's using the window. Sollux is just going there directly. Don't you pay attention??? :downs:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Jawat posted:

Been a while since my last post! But after that (amazing) flash, there's something that's been bothering me that I dont think anyone has brought up yet.

The song "Black" opens with "Make her a member of the Midnight Crew". They could have just as easily used the line "I'm a member of the Midnight Crew" from the same song, which would have made more sense given the context, so it seemed very likely this was a bit of foreshadowing. I had always speculated that "her" referred to Snowman, what with the blackrom between her and Spades. Baring death having a revolving door (which is entirely possible), this avenue seems to be closed.

Was I perhaps reading to much into that one line? Or might there possibly be another candidate for a female member of the Midnight Crew that I haven't considered?

You're reading too much into it. Hussie confirmed as much when they made that flash, way back when.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

VJeff posted:

Nah. If Jack beats Vriska, he just goes on to killing Bilious Slick, PM shows up after him, they're at the same point they are in the EoA.

Actually, it occurs to me that even if he's in a beta timeline, Jack HAS to use Red Miles on Bilious Slick at some point, since he already went to Earth and saw it being used, which made him escape to the troll universe.

Or maybe he doesn't have to because that's the entire point of a beta timeline.

Or maybe my head hurts now. :saddowns:

He doesn't, Beta timelines can have all the paradoxes in the world and it doesn't matter. The kids were never created in the beta timeline, for instance.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Scratch wanted to die because his mission was to summon Lord English.

Lord English is summoned when the universe ends.

When the universe in it, everything still living in it dies.

It's kind of a weird illogically logical thing scratch does. Everything he says makes perfect sense, for a very loose definition of "sense".

President Ark
May 16, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Instead of yelling and Vriskachat, and to try to fill up some time until the next updates come, let's try interspersing constructive speculation with a dumb good-times-and-feelings thought game.

If you haven't noticed, we've been through a lot! This Homestuck thing is a lot of pages long! And obviously 10/25 and the end of Act 5 were pretty important and monumental in the lifetime of the comic, so let's say if MSPA was over right now, that this was in fact the end, what was the highlight for you?

RULES: A character, a conversation, a plot device, a one-off joke, the way a recurring gag mutated, whatever. This could be anything. If Homestuck never updated again, what is the bit about it you'll remember most strongly most fondly, and why?

HARD MODE RULES: You can't pick an [S] page!

It's only fair that I start this off. So, Rose! When the POV switched to Rose I thought for the first time, "Gee, I might end up liking this better than Problem Sleuth."

I find Rose incredibly amusing, probably because, without being overly embarrassing or cringe-inducing, she reminds me a lot of myself when I was an overly prolix 13-year-old on the internet. Plus, her interactions with Mom were comic gold, and there's something about their swanky Frank Lloyd Wright house being filled with gaudy wizard tchotchkes that absolutely slays me. I know some folks were bored by her when she started keeping secrets, but I've been interested in her arc all the way through. I am mildly curious as to why, when she revived as her Dreamself, she didn't offer thoughts on having been grimdark, though, since it's still unclear what happened there.

But oh well, I guess we'll never know, since Homestuck is over forever!

(You don't have to keep up this silly pretense but please, see this as an opportunity to reflect positively on the story so far. My friends and I have discovered that there's so much stuff to this comic that it's always fun to find out which parts people favor particularly.)

That's easy. This entire chatlog.

I usually start laughing uncontrollably around "naked spam porpoise"

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Pretty much any page where Dave starts going off on some weird thing only tangentially related to the matter at hand is amazing.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Walliard posted:

You know, we never did find out how Cal got to the Veil...

Gamzee manifests cal into Dave's nightmares -> Rose throws Cal out a window -> Cal is sent through a meteor with Bro -> Cal is cut to pieces during their fight -> Bro repairs cal, repaired cal taken by Jack when he kills bro -> Jack throws Cal at an aradiabot during his entrance into the troll session -> aradiabot malfunctions and teleports back in time to alternia -> cal is found and repaired by kanaya and hangs out in the troll session until it winds up in a chest on the meteor -> Gamzee finds Cal.

There you go.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Walliard posted:

I was referring mainly to the Kanaya's hive -> Meteor step, but I guess Gamzee could've just randomly stopped by, picked him up, and forgot.

With the way Kanaya's fetch modus works, he was probably just in storage for a while until she found a key, was like "oh I guess he should be here" and put him in a place where Gamzee would easily find him.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Does that mean John is the antichrist? :ohdear:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

I started reading Homestuck shortly before that (on the page when John was freaking out about Gushers being made by Betty Crocker) and I can confirm that yes, that painting has always been there.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Guys, I just saw a picture of someone cosplaying that security guard who got freaked out by Homestuck cosplayers.

I...

I think Homestuck has gotten too meta, even for me.

I'm going to go lie down.

You say this, and you don't post the picture? :frogout:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Reregular posted:

terrible things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Also, I believe the huss stated act 7 will be an epilogue, so I doubt the LE fight will be in that.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Also, [s] Jade: Enter is the page where you really start getting the sense that, despite knowing more than the reader/the kids, the trolls actually don't have any idea of what they're talking about most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

John had a poster of Problem Sleuth in his room, one referencing that adventure's early pages. The poster Jane has in exactly the same place is the "Pose as a team. The world is real" from the very end of the same adventure.

Kind of an interesting reference there.