Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Supercar Gautier posted:

Jane is not female John. This is not a genderswap universe.

B-b-b-but my fanfiction! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Talorat posted:

Well her factory did get hit by an asteroid at one point. Maybe it contained some of the technology from the veil that let her into the scratched session. Or just straight up killed her.

Edit: So I've never actually seen this strip while it was on a regular update schedule. Should I be expecting an update everyday? Weekdays? Multiple times a day?

Every day, with the occasional twice-a-day update (usually 12+ hours apart).

Warm up that F5 button. :f5:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

obviously grandpa harley will be named Jeff, so that (hella) jeff and (sweet) bro can go on rad adventures together

e: also, the rebranding she mentions will be the betty crocker company changing their logo to a fork/trident to match the empress' battleship logo

President Ark fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 11, 2011

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Holy gently caress, there's a rocket launcher in his room. Who the gently caress lets a 15-and-a-bit-year-old have a rocket launcher? :stare:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

a debaser posted:

I'm looking for it now, but wasn't there a page in Problem Sleuth where it showed all the character's progress in overturning sacred urns toppled and mystic ruins desecrated? I'm trying to find it but I know I just read it in the second volume of the PS book.

The only reason I mention it is because that combined with the Problem sleuth memorabilia covering Jane's wall, combined with Hussie's "hmm, maybe you should be aware of/read jailbreak" right before the EOA hiatus...is this just another throwback or is there potential for a super massive crossover?

It's a throwback. The three stats were those two plus "HALLOWED TOMBS DEFILED" and after the year 1 flash Hussie posted the status for them with 1 for each (Sacred Urns: Nanna's; hallowed tombs: Jasper's; Mystic Ruins: The frog ruins outside jade's house) as a throwback/GODDAMN HUSSIE PLANS EVERYTHING-type moment.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

quote:

When it does, you will waste no time in embarking on the game’s MAIDEN VOYAGE, and if even a fraction of what you’ve heard turns out to be true, you are prepared to have the time of your LIFE!!!

quote:

Gosh you love SKULLS. There is a good SKULL at the heart of any mystery, haunting its EVERY PAGE. That is what you always say. Or at least, it is what you always HOPE.

:catstare:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

The horizontal banner add is going for 87 dollars per day. MSPA's traffic must be insane if it's that valuable.

It was going for 150 dollars when Cascade was released. Literally the highest-cost adspace of any website using PW.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

sansuki posted:

I jut noticed something really weird. Jane has buck teeth like John and Jade. So does Jake, but he has three buck teeth. How in the heck does THAT work?

John has 3 buck teeth too.

Did... did you never notice that? :confused:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

It's actually 4 buck teeth, they just don't floss between their front teeth very well.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

My question is: if Jane is the heiress to a vast multiglobal empire, why does she live in the suburbs?

In post-scratch earth, those are opulent mansions. Non-rich people live in one-room houses.

Yes, even the toilets are in the same room.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Color Printer posted:

I'm not seeing things, right? The text on the website just got bigger. Threw me for a loop as I hammered the Ctrl-0 key on Firefox.

Ctrl + mousewheel up/down increases or decreases text size in most browsers on both windows and mac OS.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Tollymain posted:

Wow. Just read an entire blog about somebody reading the entirety of Homestuck over the course of 2 months or so. They started out basically roasting it. And then changed their mind once the story got underway. It's a hilarious read, but it's also kind of nostalgic. I can remember going through a lot of this stuff. It's been a hell of a ride, hasn't it?

http://what-the-gently caress-is-homestuck.tumblr.com/how

E:VVVVVVV I KNOW. I think they've still got a few things confused, so somebody buy that woman a membership so we can motherfucking enlighten her.

Found this yesterday because I'm a gibbering manchild with nothing to do and I NEED MORE HOMESTUCK :byodood: HUSSIE UPDATE FASTER and yeah, it is pretty much the best thing ever. There's a very noticable transition from "Eh, this poo poo's not that good :jerkbag:" to "Wow, this is awesome! :haw:" sometime around act 3 in the blogging.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

This does tell us that creating items through different means costs different amounts of grist, which is potentially interesting information.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Tollymain posted:

Well, now we know how they're gonna save the troll race. If that's still a thing people want to happen. I mean, they've kind of a got a track record of screwing themselves and everyone else over.

It will later turn out that literally every item in SBurb has at least one combination that can make it using the matriorb as an ingredient.

Some have two or three.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

rotinaj posted:

I tried reading Homestuck and got up to the part where the third character, the "Cool" one, was freaking out over puppets, then lost my place.

How loving long is Homestuck? I don't know if I have it in me to try to get all the way back to that point, then get to the end here if it's as titanic as I worry it is.

I think less than a third of the way through.

Keep with it, it gets better as time goes on but it really starts picking up when Dave is introduced. :allears: He's so dreamy. :allears:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Android Blues posted:

It's the longest existing webcomic I think. Over 6000 pages.

About 2k of those are taken up by the first three adventures. Homestuck starts on 1901 and is currently on 6029.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Also, those links below each panel/update/whatever? The ones that say "Save Game/Auto-save/load game"?

Those actually do things - if you save and then press load game later, it returns you to the last page you saved on (or read with auto-save enabled). Uses cookies so if you delete those you lose that, but still handy if you read at a slowish pace.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

haruspex posted:

It's around 5000 pages of updates, with as much text as the Lord of the Rings books (?) and several lengthy flashes, including one that lasts 15 minutes.

[s] Karkat: Wake Up probably takes a half hour through your first time to find all the little details and easter eggs and poo poo.

e: I'd say a bunch of the updates are single-panel little/no-text though, so it's not like they're all massive walls of text/flashtravaganzas.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

We know that Doc Scratch engineers the races in the post-Scratch universes to be more adept at winning SxxxB. The trolls became bloodthirsty and competitive, with a penchant for building really tall houses. Here it looks like the change in the human race to allow them to better play the game is more highly advanced sylladex technology, which would definitely give the players an edge. I wonder what other facets of human society has changed. The "multiglobal empire" thing implies spacefaring technology, at least...

There is an implication on the page where she looks at her poster of movies, among other things, featuring TROLL HOWIE MANDEL (as opposed to just MONSTER HOWIE MANDEL) implies the trolls are involved in this poo poo somehow.

Or that's a red herring, either/or. :v:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Used cookies. Lost that.

Oh.

Better just keep track of where you are, then! V:v:V

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

And Doom. Sollux is dead.

Half-dead.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

I wonder how hard John is going to flip his poo poo when he finds out about Jane's crocker obsession. :allears:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

creationist believer posted:

Is the Gristwidget 12000 the thing that looks like a red Modus Control Deck? I wonder what the heck that thing'll do.

Recycle captcha'd items back into Grist?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Oh hey another set of updates.

I was wondering what the poo poo a Fibonacci heap was googled it, and was all like "what the gently caress is this bullshit"

e: also loving the alternate-history Harry Anderson, here :allears:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 16, 2011

President Ark
May 16, 2010

marsattacks posted:

So am I the last person to notice that there's a song on Homestuck Vol. 6 called Umbral Ultimatum?

Yes, and a bonus track on the first Alternia album named "The 13th hour" with the description "UU's theme" in the track description PDF that came with it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

QueerPope posted:

Is that all it says? Just "UU's Theme?" Why has nobody been speculating about this before?!

That's all it says; the other tracks have some information on what Radiation was thinking when he made them, but the description for that one is just "???"

President Ark
May 16, 2010

He made a suit with card-launchers in the sleeves and a shaving-cream based explosive. I think those count.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Well, we know for sure his first name starts with "D", now. Name speculation go

please be Dick Strider please be Dick Strider

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Doc Uzuki posted:

So IF there is a pattern to names, then Mom Lalonde's name starts with an R, but there aren't many 4-letter girl names that start with an R.

Ruby would both be the right length, start with the right letter, and be related to Rose's name (they both can mean 'red')

President Ark
May 16, 2010

The Wizardology thing was far enough in the past (pre-jailbreak, I think) that I don't think many people know about it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Walliard posted:

I just realized that this doesn't necessarily mean there's a movie, at least not a full-length mainstream production. Dave could've just bought that as a joke.

You shut your filthy whore mouth right the gently caress now :frogout:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Something I noticed: In these ads, virtually everything has the Betty Crocker logo on it, with the implication this one corporation owns literally everything.

Also the olive garden "feeding chamber".

President Ark
May 16, 2010

quote:

TG: i dont get a lotta mail out here and im no mail expret
TG: *expert
TG: but
TG: doesnt that mean not the right thing
TG: like ur susposed to put it up if you want something taken away not have the guy put it up if mail comes
TG: i think your mail man is quiet possibly a dumbass

It did always bug me how Hussie used those incorrectly in the comic... :allears:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Amazing: In a comic where there's a paody of Jesus Christ, a drugged-out 13-year old gets sober and murders a bunch of people, a girl enjoys murdering people in order to feed to a spider monster, and the entire human race is exterminated, the thing that gets people up in arms is... a 15-year old drinking.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:siren: Hussie's Olive Garden trip report (part 1):siren:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

How the gently caress do you pronounce 'condesce', anyway? Is it "con-desk/desq" or "condess"?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

No wonder he needs so much inventory space, it looks like every bullet he has is on an individual captcha card :psyduck:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Obviously Jake is going to put all this stuff on a mannequin, prototype it and a pool/billiards set, and then that will wind up creating Lord English when the ring from this session falls into the wrong hands. :downs:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

The horizontal adspace on the MSPA website is going for four hundred dollars right now. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Is there a female version of Mangrit? Girlpluck? Lass-sass? Whatever it is, I think Jane needs more.

I love how casually Dad tosses around appliances :swoon:

That's nothing, he was carrying around a humongous steel safe door back in the kid's timeline.