Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

So the flash is [S] Cascade. Interesting. A fitting name for all the poo poo that's likely queued up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The flash is up! [S] Cascade is available. Links to http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c62c4ee69f32cba9144c03d3ce15b841

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Please, if any of you can acquire a copy of the flash, re-host it, for the sake of the internet. Rapidshare, mediafire, whatever. Newgrounds is making GBS threads itself under the strain.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The mspa.com placeholder flash changed. "Mirror crashed. Will try something else later."

e;fb

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Demonlord posted:

I closed it right before a friend of mine asked me to livestream it for him :(

The file should still be in your cache. See if you can dig it up. :)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

True Evil Bob posted:

Is it really fourteen minutes?

It is really fourteen minutes.

First and foremost, I want to know what Gamzee typed to Doc Scratch.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

One question remains: where did Jade take John and the planets + battlefield? It's not necessarily the green sun.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

:byodood: retarded plot speculation please scroll past :byodood:

I'm gonna have to go with James Harley as my guess for Grandpa's name. Given that he's aware of Jade's existence and calls himself her grandson, it's not out of line to suggest that they have the same surname.

Plus, now that she's got all kinds of Green Sun powers on account of being part Becquerel, Jade is qualified to be Earth prime's First Guardian.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

What, there were people who thought that post-scratch John wasn't going to be already dead when Act 6 started? Nanna was dead when pre-scratch John started playing. :cmon:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magikoopa189 posted:

So wait, the new universe hasn't been created yet? How is Earth still here? Wasn't it destroyed by the meteor storm a thousand chapters ago?

Time to re-read Homestuck.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dolash posted:

Heyyy... wasn't Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff inspired by a conversation Dave had with Terezi? How did the Scratch Dave come to the same idea? It's not like the 'descendent' universes that are influenced by their creators, Scratches just reset and switch things up. So where'd he get the idea?

SBaHJ is a product of Dave's brain. Any universe where Dave exists, SBaHJ exists.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

golgothasTerror posted:

GT: Laughter isnt an emotion dickprince!
Kidbro confirmed for being the Prince of Dick.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Doc Uzuki posted:

His name has got to be Dane. There's no other name douchey enough. Dane is scientifically proven by a team of douchologists to be the douchiest name.

Chad is a way douchier name than Dane. Dane is probably the douchiest 'd' name, though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Is it me, or does the thing that Dream Jake is lying on look an awful lot like a god tier resurrection platform? The color is kinda wrong though, unless Hope and Light share colors.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

King of Solomon posted:

You mean Hope and Time, right? Because the Hero of Light color is orange, not red.

It's not red, it's more of a burnt orange. Check http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005030 for a comparison. The colors on the Hero of Light suit and the colors on the slab Jake's being carried on are just slightly different.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

It could also just be a Prospit color. It's pretty close to the deeper oranges used in shadows, especially on the chain to the moon.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

QueerPope posted:

I really hope Bro turns out to be the Prince of Heart. It's just too fabulous a title to pass up. Also, Princess of Heart would be just a bit too obnoxious. (Although I can easily imagine kid!Mom saying "I'm a priness *princess"

Not to mention that "princess" is two syllables.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The troll slang is probably just that -- slang. BCCORP seems to be a much bigger influence on the world in this iteration of the Earth universe, and if indeed the Condense is the Batterwitch, it stands to reason that trollish vernacular may be more common.

Also, wild animal lusii.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

marsattacks posted:

Although, this crabdad is way, way bigger than Karkat's - if you look at when Karkat and his lusus are about to strife, and now, Crabdad is only maybe twice or three times as big as Karkat, and this guy is towering over Jake.

I guess that's what happens when you introduce nonindigenous FAUNA into the wilderness.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Roger Explosion posted:

Also, Vriska.
Wow, Vriska totally works as a sassy black girl.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Lord of Laughton posted:

My inner sperg dislikes the fact that the t-shirt colors are significantly different than their hoodie counterparts.

Matching t-shirt colors is really hard to do. Shirt styles (standard vs "baby doll" tees) as well as sizes can come in different colors and not all the colors are available for all sizes/styles. Our sabre-toothed lime shirts ended up being like three different colors of green, poo poo was ridiculous.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Heiress Sans Parent

Heir Transparent

god drat it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

As absurd as it sounds to my ears, the MSPA MERCH seems to have shot down the theory that Jake's dream self died on a god tier slab thinger. The colors are all wrong.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Looks like the being half-doomed thing is carrying over to the chat gimmicks -- every other 'o' is a '0' in Sollux's chat lines.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ladies and gentlemen, the Vast Expletive.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The Nepeta we saw in the flash is wearing the Derse robe, so it might just be the Nepeta that died as a result of being stabbed by Jack. Also, Karkat is also dead, and we know that there were many, many alternate timelines caused by Karkat's short sightedness -- it's entirely possible that he made it to God tier in one of them.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

A Spider posted:

This update was the first that I couldn't digest in that single sitting.
Oh god what does it all mean?

Karkles went God Tier and then died in a beta(non Jack v Vriska?) line?
Dave what are you doing in Land of Quartz and Melody with Equius and RoboAradias?

:psypop:

It was a dream bubble. Inside of those, everyone's memories blur together, allowing for the melange of environments you see.

Some of the people are dead. These people have completely white eyes, unless they're robots. If a person is wearing glasses, it's less obvious, but it's pretty safe to assume Dave was alive and Equius was dead.

Karkat was shown as god tier, but he had blank eyes, so he was likely from a beta timeline where it didn't even matter that he was god tier.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

QueerPope posted:

Roxy is the best character. I bet "le sign" is going to become "a thig" in Homestuck fandom not too long from now.
*sign* has been a thing for a while now.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Another reason for Dirk's flat refusal of Roxy may be the fact that he knows that they're related. It's not explicitly said, sure, but the B2 derse dreamers seem to be clued in to the workings of the game and all -- it's not exactly a stretch to assume that Dirk understands their ectobiological origins.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

It makes reading quite a few of the chat logs easier... until you get to Equius and Gamzee pesterlogs. :stonk:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

wow I completely misunderstood the post I was quoting, nevermind

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Update.

At first I thought Hussie screwed up with the tanktop sprite, but the outline is the same color as the turntable, is all.

The funny thing about this is that Hussie has the same tattoo in the same place.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Renaissance Robot posted:

The pages of these threads that were nothing but people begging Hussie to give them AIDS

What an unfortunate acronym.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dissin department posted:

If AR gets prototyped, Dirk is gonna need new glasses.

Or he could just wear ARsprite on his face :haw:

Dirk's got a pair of backup shades in his Sylladex.

The lack of prototyping towers on Derse/Prospit says to me that any prototyping that occurs is probably going to be after the B2 kids enter the Medium.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

DaveKap posted:

I think it's the fact that there was no fan art in it, at all. It was a pure Hussie animation. To be honest, I think I subconsciously recognized this and it was a part of why I loved this update so much more than usual. Although it's just a guess that there's no fan art, I can't spot anything that isn't Hussie's style. The closest I could figure is someone may have helped with the sprites for animating (there's a LOT more frames of sprite animation than usual) but since that conforms to the sprite style, it's not really possible to know if it was someone other than Andrew who made them.

It's not the first time -- the Spades Slick stuffing scotty dogs into his hat animation had a lot more frames in it than normal too, and it wasn't even a flash. I just think it's a Thing that happens when the dersite agents are involved.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

jane you need to sever

now

What is it even with these heroes of life and hope and the friendzoning?

(I used to think things like this were coincidences. Heh.)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Gabriel Pope posted:

I think the best guess at this point is that it's thematically linked to Heir. Which... we don't have much info on, either, but one possible idea that's cropped up in regards to both of them is that they seem to be "growth" classes, starting out weak but eventually turning into some of the strongest classes in time. Although with the concept of the active/passive split maybe the Page is supposed to be more about helping those around you grow and become stronger? That fits in more with the definition of a page (who is receiving training and growing, yes, but works specifically as a helper and assistant) and also seems pretty appropriate to Tavros, the other Page player we've seen.

That fits in with Tavros's FLARP class choice -- Aradia was saying that his class starts out weak, but grows into a powerful player later on. I guess it's kind of a far-fetched parallel, but it seems about right.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

My god. Jane's head is as big as Jack's entire torso. :pwn:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Scale Model Giant posted:

I wouldn't be all that surprised if all 3 Jacks (plus maybe A1's Jack to round it off) end up teaming up in an effort to destroy All of Everything, Ever.

That is, if they don't all stab each other to death first.

I dunno, in the Felt intermission, alternate timeline Jacks were able to cooperate without much friction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

^ I was just going to post about the floating "homestuck" text :argh:

I was hoping for poppopsprite too, but I guess I should have seen the gcat shenanigans coming. The callback is too great to ignore.

There's another sort of interesting parallel here -- Jake and Jane's "birthdays" (as far as being paradox clones go) are earlier than Roxy and Dirk's, just like in B1.