Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Is it me, or does Karkat seem, well, calmer now? I mean he's obviously still a big crab and all, but it seems like he's more willing to back off and/or let little things go now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Black Mage Knight posted:

Also, where did Karkat get the jacket from?

I think those are his arms, lest we bring another Tall Pants Karkat into the already crowded mindspace of this comic.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

holy crap, dave is using punctuation at the end of some of his sentences

this is a change I did not expect and is completely relevant to everything

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Captain Oblivious posted:

Seems like John has grown up some. This is different. I wouldn't say John was ever really dumb, but he definitely didn't sweat the details.

Agreed, this is pretty much classic John here. His biggest character asset was always his overwhelming pragmatism, and it is definitely showing here. It feels like he's thought quite a bit about what's happened and adopted a very measured, rational response to everything. I wouldn't really characterize it as being cold or repressing emotion; remember, it's been a year, whereas previously all of his actions and thoughts have been compressed into a span of 24 hours. He has had ample time to "mourn" or "be depressed" about just about anything that's happened to him.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/21064794312/there-are-way-way-way-too-many-people-trying-to

Everyone just stand back from your computers and go do something else for a while!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Can someone dig through their browser cache and repost this? :smith:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FutureSushi posted:

Mirror here.

Thank you very much!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

pumpinglemma posted:

Aranea was the Sylph of Light and Meenah was the Thief of Life - the pre-scratch characters seem to have the same aspects but different classes. The scratches on his face still argue against him being pre-scratch Gamzee, though.

Specifically, Gamzee is wearing the MOTHERFUCKIN CANON Bard of Rage codtier outfit. If he were, say, the Heir or Rage, or whoever A1 Highblood-troll was/is, his outfit would look different. Class informs the appearance of the outfit -- for example, the Witch of Life godtier outfit had striped socks, slippers, and the same sort of blouse-thing as Jade does.

Also, there is no :stonk: stonky enough for this development

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I think this corpsesprite thing has legs. Gamzee made away with the corpses of the troll's Life, Void, Heart, and Hope players -- maybe he's gonna prototype the corresponding B2 player's sprites with the A2 player's corpse; e.g.: Jane gets Feferisprite, Roxy gets Equiussprite, and so on.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Not to mention, the kids + trolls only have access to dream bubbles and the B2 session, and the B2 session has literally just started. We may be neck-deep in A2/B1 shenanigans all through this session.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Potions, and codpieces. It arrests the eyes.

Is there anything other than the potions and codpiece and observing gamzee himself? There's no back arrow so I feel like I might be missing something.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Evil Mastermind posted:

"You drink the INDIGO POTION. You are Horny (save ends)."

The troll blood potions make you grow horns? :monocle:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Saturday Mornings posted:

One of the posts over in the MSPA forum was pretty interesting, I thought. Assuming Tavros and Vriska don't immediately implode or something, isn't having a sprite that can mind control animals and humans/trolls pretty powerful?

Turns out, Tavrisprite can only mind control humanimals, which makes the power much less powerful.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rooreelooo posted:

Maybe vriska will do the opposite trick this time. In B1 she prevented anyone from prototyping in order the make the first guardian take matters into his own hands. In B2 she could force other people to prototype crazy things to prevent the first guardian from taking matter into his (her?) own hands.

The only problem is that a void session is marked by the complete failure of the players to prototype any of their kernels pre-entry. Rose has already discerned that the B2 session is this way, so one way or another, expect none of the kernels to be prototyped pre-entry.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Interesting dig on John here -- noting that he's seriously immune to witnessing hosed up poo poo. Maybe that's a function of the Maid of Life powers -- he's so "made of life" that nothing can dim his spirit? (Note that ancestors seem like they have the "theme" of the players they serve as ancestors to, not their alternate selves as players, e.g.: Aranea being a pirate (thief) rather than a healer (sylph,) B2 Rose being notoriously elusive to the press (void), etc.)

Either that, or it's just a dig at how B1 John hasn't had the big mental breakdown that everyone seems to think he should be having due to all the horseshit he's seen and done.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Starmaker posted:

But if they're immune, then how the hell would Vriska be controlling the Condesce?

And if she isn't, and Vriska is, then this would be irredeemably damning for Vriska. I'm not... I'm not sure how I feel about that.

You're interpreting it backwards -- the symbols are meant to illustrate that the Condesce is doing the controlling, not Vriska/Aranea/whoever.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Apparently she also has the power of JPEG artifacts, lookit that statue of liberty top half :ohdear:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hussie horizontally mirrored the image in this update after he initially posted it. :confused:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bongo Bill posted:

We're talking about a person who has had to build friends if he wanted to have any at all (an unsatisfying exercise because the only one that's really intelligent was based on himself).
Well, he probably would have done this anyways, even if he was well socially-adjusted. He is the Destroyer of Souls, after all -- it looks like his soul, personally, splinters very easily. :haw:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hey, it's Red Miles. Did the B1 exiles live 413 years in the future as well? I should have seen this correlation coming I think.

fake edit: Yep, http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Exiles says that the exiles were around in the year 2422. I guess that's what year it is for Dirk and Roxy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

YggiDee posted:

Oh god, there are now four iterations of Jack Noir running around. That's too many goddamn Jack Noirs.

:eng101: Actually, there are five -- A1 also had a Jack. :haw:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meenah just wants to poke one of these suckas up, why you gotta be a wet blanket aranea

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

tinaun posted:

Is this the most characters we've ever had in one panel at once?

I think it's tied with the dream bubble with Sollux and Aradia that ended up involving, like, half the cast at the time.

Also drat it, narrowly avoided the name of the Sufferer. :arghfist::saddowns:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Terezi's voice is Gilbert Gottfried. Not like a shifted up, "girlish" Gottfried -- just Gilbert Gottfried, raw and pure.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

It shouldn't surprise me any more, but the layers of metacontextual ribs in this comic keep catching me off guard. Karkat is feeling new character fatigue :allears:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Man, so this is how Hussie seems to never get writer's block. If at any time he's reaching, he can just dig into the fan perception of whatever he's doing and crank out a hilariously sarcastic dig on the whole thing, while still making it entertaining to read. I stand in awe.

fake edit: Which isn't to say that I thought he was reaching or anything -- damned if I know. I just read the words.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

... oh, of course. Of course a Seer of Mind can see a brain ghost. :doh:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rooreelooo posted:

Finally, AR takes control of brobot and uses it to get dirk in, completing the cycle

Brobot tore out his heart of purest uranium out so that Jake could sendificate Liv/Terry.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Evil Mastermind posted:

So...is Jane on Derse and on her planet at the same time?

Nope, just Derse. She took a transportalizer to Derse.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

This update closes one of the lingering mysteries -- namely, how some of the Veil/etc equipment can interact on either side of the Scratch. B1 still "exists" in Universe B's Bilious Slick, concurrently with B2. So, the universe frog exists in, like, the 12th dimension. If you believe String Theory, anyways.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Constable Lemon posted:

Calmasis. I'm guessing they just want a name that ends in -masis so that if you mash "Calliope" and "X-masis" you get Calmasis.

Anyway, an interesting thought: Eridan was the Prince of Hope, and was associated with angels on his planet. Jake is the Page of Hope, and has a cherub on his shirt.

Yeah, I was half-expecting Jake's land to have angels in it. It's pretty obvious that of the acronyms, Jake's land is gonna be LOMAX. Hrm, is there a synonym for angel that begins with 'M'? 'X' is probably Xenon in keeping with the Noble gas theme.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

sansuki posted:

You mean like Bernie Lomax?

Yeah, that's why I think LOMAX is gonna be Jake's land. It's like "LOLCAT" for Nepeta -- an acronym that is thematically associated with the character's interests or themes.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Oh hey, there's the world-ending threat that encourages play of Sburb! Any day now eh :allears:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hrm, the individual pages for the multi-kid update just showed up on the sidebar. There were more updates than could fit in the sidebar -- I guess that's why he hid them all away like that.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

drat, Dirk has to do everything, doesn't he? Set up the client/server connections, try and bail everyone out of jams, live...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Serenity is still perched on Roxy's head -- looks like she(?) is coming to the B2 session a little early.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

To step away from Dirkchat for a moment -- in this panel ( http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007150 ), Jake's skulltop eyes are orange and red. :aaa:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Eh, I find it kinda hard to hate Jake. It seems like most people dislike him because he's so slow on the uptake, but that's sort of his shtick, and it's sort of the theme amongst the Page class. Hell, his enthusiasm to believe in nearly every outlandish story he's told is probably a conditioned response to keep people from becoming too frustrated with him. Imagine how much longer his pesterlogs would be if he had any skepticism at all! Sure, I think it's valid to dislike him because of this, but if Jake's involved in a conversation I expect it to have this sort of framing around it, so I guess I can take it as it is.

I think it's also the main reason Jake/Dirk pesterlogs tend to be so cumbersome. Dirk's got that esoteric/logirrheic manner of speaking/typing that just makes him drone on and on about stuff, and Jake is a dim bulb so it takes even more words than normal to talk about almost anything.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I imagine it's a pretty safe bet that dropping the final frog into the forge is what's supposed to happen. I mean, what is the forge for if not for forging the new universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Update.

Looks like the flash was the end of 6.3 after all.