Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I really hope that as soon as I sit down at work tomorrow I can gaze upon the wonderment that will be the EOA flash.

Has it really been two months plus? Not going to do any speculatin' until things get rolling again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Thank jegus! I was worried I was going to have to spend the whole of today blue-balling it until the mirror got fixed.

Downloading and then finding a quiet place to sit in the office where I won't leave too much of a mess after my head is blown away by sheer awesome!

E: FIFTY TWO MEGABYTES! :aaaaa:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Cleretic posted:

C'mon download, move faster! I've just gotta get a fix, man, I've just gotta!

I'm almost expecting Megaupload to go down too.

Just imagine.. This may be the thing that brings down the internet for good.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

TombsGrave posted:

RELEVANT REAL SPOILER She could have been fatally wounded by the explosion, dying while being taken to the quest bed, and perished completely a short while after he left.

Can somebody please clarify this for me. I got the impression that we're dealing with God Tier Jadesprite rather than God Tier Jade. Wasn't Jade's body still on her quest bed when the Prospit ship appeared on LOFAF?

Ninja edit: All these spoiler tags. Fuckin' pain in the rear end.

Double Edit: Going to have the flash playing in the background all day for the music! :haw:

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 25, 2011

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

I can't wait to see what the avatar wizards come up with from this flash!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Well, that was the fastest online purchase I've ever made.

Downloading while I get some lunch and then it's tune time!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Where is my full version of Spider's Claw, Radiation?! :argh:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Cracky posted:

This is a thing of beauty! :golfclap:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm a third of the way through and so far there is literally not a single track I even mildly dislike. Music team really pulled out everything for this one. Escape Pod and Davesprite are loving wonderful :dance:

Loved both of those, and the remix of "Even in Death" is making me so happy right now!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Walliard posted:

Also, Heart and Mind hoodies are available now.

Wasn't Nepeta the Rogue of Heart?

Foreshadowing ahoy, we're going to see God Tier Nepeta and Equius! :woop:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Ha, another thing, Doc shooting Snowman: Cueball sinking an 8-ball. There's a pile of something, here, and it doesn't stop from keeping on getting higher.

Eh? I thought Spades shot Snowman.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Amateur Sketch posted:

I gave the overall synopsis and mentioned the dozen troll characters, which was met with, "I honestly can't tel a difference. They all look kind of alike. Zodiac symbol shirts, grey skin, and either long or short hair. As far as I can tell there's a male version, a female version, & that's the extent of variety."

That's a really strange perspective. I agree that the chatlogs do a lot to characterise the characters, but each of the troll's individual typing quirks can also be adapted to their clothes. Their outfits are varied enough that even to the casual observer, they should be able to tell the difference between say, Vriska and Feferi, or Karkat and Equius.

Same with the kids really. It's actually quite interesting how well characterised the sprites are with only a few small cosmetic changes, especially with the kids when it was mostly monochrome. At least the trolls have a certain style or colours associated with them.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

plus whatever goofy batshit variations cosplayers come up with

Please don't tell me people cosplay their fantrolls...

They do, don't they? :negative:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I'm not sure if this is what that particular cosplayer was going for, but my first thought upon seeing that outfit was "Batterwitch".

I think you meant "Butterwitch".

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Holy poo poo, there's your Lord English... I really wasn't expecting that sort of transformation.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

UltraPenguinX posted:

I'm pretty sure that entire intermission can be summed up as ":stare:" . However I have a nagging feeling that Scratch said somewhere that he wasn't Lord English. Is there any veracity to that? Also, how exactly did he die? Did Hussie shake him to death like some sort of infant?

I seem to recall this too, not exactly sure when, and it's another one of Scratch's lies of omission.

Doc Scratch is NOT Lord English because they are completely different beings. However, Scratch has BECOME Lord English through his death. So he's not, but he is, but he wasn't at the time but now is... :psyduck:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

I've got a hunch that Lord English contains another, smaller Lord English.

It's Englishes all the way down.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Waffnuffly posted:

Wait, what? There was a Squiddles flash?

AbortedSlunk actually has the full Squiddles flash up on their Deviantart.

http://abortedslunk.deviantart.com/art/Squiddles-animation-FULL-184089093

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Is it a pop-out book? Tell me it's a pop-out book, even if it's a lie.

That's going to get a little unpleasant during the Bec Noir / troll stabathon.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

The 11/11/11 update is going to be a single page with the curtains for the Beginning of Act 6.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Cheeseball IV posted:

Update!

Oh my god everything as we know it has been turned upside down!

I was not expecting that, and I am indeed excited now!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

I can't wait for pesterlog shenanigans. It seems the new characters have already endeared themselves to this thread, myself included, but I think we're hitting "make-or-break" territory now.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Now, whether Lord English is Already Here or not? We don't know that yet.

What if Jake has some connection to the Batter Baroness' empire? That would make him... Lord English! :v:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

^^ Nicely spotted.

Wasn't UU as a troll handle suggested ages ago when the trolls were still all being revealed? I seem to remember it from one of the previous threads.

That being said, we're going to have an awful amount of characters to deal with soon.

Either that, or Jade's Prospit ship will crash through the fourth wall crushing Ms. Lalonde and prematurely ending this session. :v:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

quote:

GG: And you're drunk. :P
TG: correction
TG: drinking
TG: prensent tense
TG: grammar jane

I can't wait to break this out next time somebody accuses me of being off my ear. This has been one of my favourite pesterlogs even if the colours were a bit of a nightmare to read.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Boneless Jogger posted:

This reminds me that I hope we get some Alchemizing sessions with these kids. I want to know what sort of ridiculous things they'd make.

Well Christmas is coming and Hussie loves going "poo poo, lets be santa." so I'm sure we'll get some goodies.

And by us, I mean the (new?) kids.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Cracky posted:

I hate to think how big Gl'bgolyb got.

I imagine Gl'bgolyb IS the planet, or at least has her myriad tendrils spanning the entire globe.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I could kiss you if you weren't on the other side of the internet!

Now for a something witty to go under it...

m0ther fuckin' c0rpse party!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

JT Jag posted:

So now that he's been calmed down he won't be able to go into MURDER MODE at select times convenient for everyone involved?

I guess these are the tradeoffs we have to deal with.

I can see this becoming rather problematic when it comes to the grande Lord English showdown - provided nothing terrible happens to everyone (Trollpocalypse Now!) in the interim.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Kanaya is badass! This latest panel is just all kinds of brooding.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

The "beep beep beep" just killed me. Davesprite owns.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

I can hear the almost imperceptible "heh" in Dave's head with that smirk.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

loquacius posted:

If I had a spare hundred bucks and no other use for it, here's where I'd go on a rampage changing everyone in this thread's avatar to exactly what they had before but with crazy suggestive eyebrows added in.

e: Nilbop's would be particularly fun!

Yours, on the other hand, would be terrifying!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Lady of the Beech posted:

I still can't believe those two 13-year-olds will be sitting on a ship for three years. I mean, I know they have the populations of like five planets to keep them company, but man, what does a kid do in that time when they don't have school or family (aside from your internet friend who is actually your weird ecto-sibling) obligations to look after?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=041.jpg

I mean, if they're going to eventually fight Lord English, they may as well be ready.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Oh what.

This was pretty much my reaction too. Goddammit Roxy, drunkenly stumbling all through these dream bubbles. Fuckin' pain in the rear end (head).

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Why do I get the feeling we're heading to one mother of an [S] Showdown?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

AuroMarshmallow posted:

Also, regarding the line between plagiarism and homage, I can't be the only one who likes hearing musical callbacks in certain tracks, can I? I really like it when individual characters in media are given a few leitmotifs (and it's probably the thing I liked most about Alterniabound/ Rex Duodecim Angelus) because I definitely think it adds to their characterization.

There's a very big line between plagiarism and homage. Since Homestuck is a coherent work, it would make sense for the soundtrack to be filled with various callbacks and leitmotifs - heck, the whole fraymotif system is based on that to an extent (what ever happened to that anyway?).

That being said, it's ridiculous that people think they can get away with that. From the ripped Sonic track from a few albums back and now this on probably the "biggest" Homestuck album to date. People really are awful.

Loved the flash and it caught me completely off guard this morning!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

glug posted:

I am a new reader and know nothing about 'fat vriska'.

All the fandom stuff is going to be really weird to people in about two years (assuming Homestuck eventually finishes). Between Hussie's twitter/tumblr/formspring and the fandom creating in-jokes like Pantskat, reading the comic "live" gives so much more enjoyment and hilarity.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Saradiart posted:

I really dig how much Iron Knight sounds like a less cacophonous Robo-Ky Holy Orders.

I actually struggle with Iron Knight. I think it's got something to do with the production of the rhythm guitars, but it just cuts through my head and makes it a real chore to listen to.

The rest is great though and I really like the Side A / Side B thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

At most I guess I don't really care for Coolkid all that much?

Coolkid sounds to me like a dubstep remix of something like Derezzed. There are a lot of similar synths in there. I actually like it and I don't understand the genre at all!