Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vateke
Jun 29, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

The one thing that kills the bubble breakout idea for me is that, narratively speaking, there's a pretty strong sense of finality to Vriska's current disposition in particular; her case was wrapped up very, very neatly and bringing her back now would undo that. Then again, I suppose if there was a mass breakout and she deliberately chose to stay behind and face the consequences of her actions for once that would possibly be an even nicer capstone for her character arc.

Still, I wouldn't really expect any breakout before the epilogue, simply because I doubt Act 6 is going to have any room to do anything with a bunch of extra background characters.

I think a Bubble Breakout could work in a temporary capacity, with the dead assisting in events around the Green Sun, but not being able to move on with the living to what remains.

Also, I don't think any of you appreciate the true scope of a bubble breakout. We've seen characters from doomed timelines in the bubbles, like John. This implies that every dead player from every timeline is out there. Now, count how many Aradiabots were in the battle with the Black King.

That is a lot of trolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vateke
Jun 29, 2010

Rooreelooo posted:

Something I haven't seen speculated on yet in this thread: what was the giant monster that john kills in one hit right in the beginning of the flash? when I first saw it i thought it was hephaestus, but then it makes no sense for john to kill him because jade promised she'd take him with her to the post-scratch universe, and then she did just that. Was it just a giant enemy of a sort that hasn't been seen yet?

Also I don't think the new hoodies mean we'll see a cat tier nepeta. If the four guardians become the new players of the post-scratch world, then they're gonna need mythological titles to fit their new roles. The ______ of heart could refer to nanna, or maybe even mom.

I'm pretty sure he just intends to release a hoodie for every aspect, and that it's not foreshadowing at all.

Vateke
Jun 29, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Quest Mattresses? Quest Unfolded Futons?

That reminds me. Why didn't the Trolls get Quest Recuperacoons?

Vateke
Jun 29, 2010

dumb brunette posted:

They did, Vriska went godtier in one. The Derse/Prospit ones are just slabs.

See, it's shaped like a beehive.

Answer accepted. However, this reminds me of a more serious confusion. Why does Vriska's dreamself disappear when she ascends? In every other case it was the dreamself that became god tier, no the original body.