Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, that incarnation of lord english in particular was specifically hard to kill; i mean, caliborn powered up was defeatable via shoving his soul into lil cal (along with arquius, and half of gamzee) and union jack got decapitated just fine; the dream bubble smasher version had first guardian powers on top of everything else via doc scratch though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ya gotta smash it. chuck that fucker at a cinderblock wall

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you don't want to get ball juice on your carpet but you're okay with it getting all over your hand? sounds pretty hosed up, friend

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, if you're going to go into speculation you may as well go hard

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somebody actually wrote a really interesting thing once regarding what aspects are and how they might work as a scale of literal to metaphorical, not in a exhaustively detailed speculation way but more in a general sense?

their one specific example they wrote up was light. approaching the concept of the aspect and how the use of it becomes more and more metaphorical, they talk about a light player navigating a dark cavern. at the first level of understanding, they might summon a light to see by. later as their understanding of what they can do deepens, they might skip the part where they actually create a light, instead simply seeing in the darkness without the confusion of light and shadows getting in the way. finally, somebody with a really strong understanding of their light aspect could simply forego the whole needing to see thing or exploring the place at all and just know where to step to get where they need to go. it's all just a series of rungs on a conceptual ladder, one labeled ILLUMINATION in this case.

meanwhile, to an outside observer, they happen to look incredibly fortunate as they navigate a pitch-dark maze flawlessly :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah post that poo poo friend

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as one of the tumblrs put it, god is dead and we are free

to continue shitposting

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://saccharinesylph.tumblr.com/post/143116612545/gelasticat-gelasticat-i-didnt-know-you :nws:

i wonder what the odds are that this would end up in the whatpumpkin store if somebody got hussie's eyes on it

e: okay i should probably put a warning on that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have yet to actually get around to doing an archival read for myself but i'm like 85% certain it'll hold up better without the serial pacing, maybe even transcend "fitting" and be sort of good

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
something something metatextual gnostic modern retelling

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toxxupation posted:

Which, incidentally, is the absolute worst possible storytelling ever. Ever. Ever ever ever.

it's over now, there's nothing left for you here

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's all downhill from here.

let's never ever close this thread :getin:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this thread will stay open and be moved to games when hiveswap comes out

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the tides rise and recede, death comes for us all, people will draw fictional characters having sex

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so cruel

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the real show has only just begun

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually im dead and this thread is my ironic hell

im just too hosed up for it to hurt any more :madmax:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
toxxupation why do you do this to yourself

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

I Am Goon and must Hoot Forlornly at the Bottom of this Miserable Well about My Opinions

*hoots forlornly*

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i long ago cast aside any personal illusions of a binary irony/sincerity paradigm

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://jamesroachmusic.tumblr.com/post/142338517317 this explains one thing anyway

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GunnerJ posted:

dear god i hope he's not planning to give anyone a boner

oh it doesn't matter what his plans were :gizz:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the alpha timeline demands the cruelest of sacrifices

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the tumblr tag will be cleaner now

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wheels out the botl signal

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nthing the "i don't care if you care for something or not but this is an odd place to complain about the fans of things" thing

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eh, still better than the potter series epilogue

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eh you'll live, it's only a psychological scratch

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 17, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
agreed

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that said kill six billion demons is a fantastic comic and should be read by more people

it just doesn't fulfill my sincere/ironic superposition avatar needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think i still like homestuck