Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
And there goes the intermission.

Hussie, you troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Oxxidation posted:

Oh my God, the peg leg. The peg leg.

He's Skipper loving Plumbthroat.

I noticed this too.

I am flipping the gently caress out here.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Tw1tchy posted:

As my friend pointed out. Look what's on the ground http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005109

:gonk:

Related: I just had it pointed out to me that Chicago Overcoat is slang for a coffin (knowing that would have explained its usage in PS).

So I guess now we know what a Cairo Overcoat is.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Eikre posted:

Bolin left and revoked Andrew's permission to the copyright. But we got more Radiation out of it :colbert:

As well as RJ Lake and Jared Micks Solatrus.

Oxxidation posted:

Also I guess we now know which body we weren't supposed to turn our backs on

To be fair, it's not like someone looking would've helped. He's not a Boo.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 2, 2011

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Radio Paranoia posted:

I seem to recall this too, not exactly sure when, and it's another one of Scratch's lies of omission.

Doc Scratch is NOT Lord English because they are completely different beings. However, Scratch has BECOME Lord English through his death. So he's not, but he is, but he wasn't at the time but now is... :psyduck:

Again, he was an excellent host.

A host plush, even.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

JT Jag posted:

I'm finally making an archive trawl after delaying it for so long and a lot of the memories are coming back now.

Remember back when a lot of people complained about (half) an entire act dedicated to the trolls? I think we can all say the payoff was well worth it.

Remember when something that took three months was considered to be dragging?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

What the hell?
Who's complaining about Jade getting too much screentime? I thought she received way less than the other kids.

I think this is referring to back in Acts 3/4 when Jade knew everything and could do no wrong.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bobulus posted:

(Off-topic: Assuming the window they exit out of it is still normal sized, they will probably be flying around in a very tiny battleship until Jade chooses to upscale them. That should be fun.)

Act 6 will open with reset-session Jack chasing the battleship around his office, set to Wacky Antics.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
The proper goal for a donation drive would be to buy him a horse.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Consider also that Zillyhoo is a valid ancestor name.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Level Slide posted:

Yeah, Dadbert is a bit of a glitch in the whole guardian thing.

I love how he is literally the only noteworthy character in the comic who was born naturally, unless you count Hussie.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
SUDDENLY WEED DREAMS.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
I definitely missed a lot of stuff on my first archive binge, but part of that was due to glossing over some important exposition bits (esp. in Act 2) in favor of "more inventory/furniture shenanigans please!" :downs:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

not nearly as isolated as Hussie would lead you to believe.

Anywhere that's forty minutes from the nearest Burger King can hardly be called civilized. :colbert:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

QueerPope posted:

Looks like a tricky place to build a house. Mom must be loaded.

She spent $10,000 on an ironic picture frame.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

MrBims posted:

The idea of a story that starts with a bad potty humor joke being worshiped as classical literature in middle-school classrooms in the far future is... well, poo poo, I don't know how I would feel about that.

Given the sheer volume, I could see an entire college-level course dedicated to analyzing Homestuck. It'd be better than some of the stuff that passes for college courses these days.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Pretty sure he was just going to make book collections. He was talking about it near the start of the hiatus and said it would take about 30 books.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

A good poster posted:

Dave's clad head-to-toe in red. Terezi will go berserk.

I'm sure she'll be totally professional about it.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

quote:

According to this movie ([S]Jade: Enter), Jack caused the rift? But I thought they said the kids caused it?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but you may be under the impression that events happen entirely as in the Flash - Jack gets Bec prototyping, then immediately heads off to mess with the trolls. This is not the case, it's just Homestuck being non-linear as usual. Jack still has plenty more to do on his personal timeline before he meets the trolls.

In fact, you'd do well to pay attention to his arm. (very minor spoiler)

Walliard fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 9, 2011

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Talorat posted:

I also didn't realize that Tarvos cries brown tears (the same color as his blood) until just now. How weird.

All the trolls do. According to Hussie it's the same pigment in both fluids (as opposed to their tears actually containing blood).

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

gowb posted:

Okay, I just watched [S] Cascade for the third time, and while I think I got it, it'd be cool if there was a summary I could read somewhere.

Wait, you were at [S] Jade: Enter a day ago... :psyduck:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mom and Nanna and Bro and J/Grampa are all going to have actual names now, though. :psyduck:

Their names will all be one letter long.

11/11

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Wrist Watch posted:

Looks like whoever guessed Jake for Grandpa Harley hit it right on the head.

GALS OF CERULEAN COMPLEXION.

So of course he likes Avatar. And Aayla Secura.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

creationist believer posted:

Um, is this one of the posters on Jake English's wall?

Oh wow, it is. There's a Terminator (Salvation?) poster too.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

JT Jag posted:

Jake being named English scares me and I am positive it will mean something very bad, though not necessarily for Jake himself. I feel it might be foreshadowing regarding Jade.

He's also a huge fan of The Incredible Hulk.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Hmm, there's a huge vine creeping up Jake's stairs. Maybe his late grandmother planted a bunch of gardens that he's not allowed to touch.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

atomicthumbs posted:

circumstantial simultaneity

wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Renaissance Robot posted:

Don't sweat the details, don't overthink it.

"And above all, try not to do anything retarded." - The Sufferer

I am fairly certain the Sufferer said that.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

gowb posted:

I'm beginning to get the same feeling as I did at the start of chapter 5. :(

18 pages between naming Karkat and naming Gamzee. 3 pages between Jane and Jake.

:crossarms:

I wouldn't be surprised if we jump straight into the Medium or something equally sudden right after the fourth new kid is introduced.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Arrhythmia posted:

What I want to know is what's up with the new kids and all the mentions of plants. Jane loves gardening, but that was always really Jade's thing, wasn't it? Not John's? And why is Jack Jake's house covered in evil plants?

Remember how Jade never moved any of her grandfather's junk even though he had been dead for almost ten years? Imagine that with a garden.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

clockwork chaos posted:

And it's already fixed! Hot drat he's fast.

Given how many tweets etc. he probably got about it...

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Level Slide posted:

"Panels not done yet" was a thing before this? I guess it happened during those scrapbook pages during Doc Scratch.

Yeah, it included arms-flailing-on-keyboard Hussie, in-your-face-close-up Hussie, and THAT loving WOLF.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Level Slide posted:

That explains why I didn't understand the wolf when it showed up.

It's been around for a while.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
In other news, the cosplayers are already here.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Ograbme posted:

What is it with Homestuck cosplay and black people in the background?
"Yes officer, that's them".

I think that's just a waiter showing someone to their table. Still pretty serendipitous, though.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Bunch of answers.

Highlight:

quote:

How about if I introduce 10,000 new trolls? Watch this.

I hereby declare all of your fantrolls to be canon.

Yes, even the lovely ones.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

FewtureMD posted:

Whoa. What in the hell does the HAT have to do with the matriorb?

It's all codes. Combining random stuff sometimes makes completely unrelated things.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

marsattacks posted:

Post scratch Rose dressed her bunny up like a wizard and then gave it to her daughter. :3:

The wording's a little vague as to whether it was made by Rose or "Mom". I'm thinking it's the latter.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
That drat wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
There's nothing to say that the "ancestors" can't have landed after their descendents. In fact, we've already seen an example of that with the Handmaid.