Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
I think that in the hierarchy of things that I was expecting...

That was certainly...

NOWHERE in my mind. It has circumvented the hierarchy entirely. It is awesome. And disturbing. AND WHOAH, FLASH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
Never seen Newgrounds crash this fast. Hell, never seen Newgrounds crash in a long while. The power of the Hussie fan base is remarkable in volume, voice, and F5-spamming capability.:legion:

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Oxxidation posted:

Right now Newgrounds administrators are opening up vidchat and saluting each other.

"It's been a pleasure serving with you, gentlemen."

(BTW: a friend of mine has seen the whole flash. I hate him.)

Tom Fulp was woken in the middle of the night. Calls almost never came this late. Groaning, he reached over his fine wife to the phone. "What is it?" he grumbled, managing to squeeze in an agitated tone despite his grogginess.
"Tom," said a very familiar voice, "it's Wade. We have a problem."
"What could be so bad as to wake me up-" but he was cut off."
"He uploaded it, Tom." interjected Wade. "Hussie uploaded his End of Act Five flash."
"Oh, is that all?" said Tome, already settling back onto his pillow. "What's so bad with that?"
"Tom, you don;t understand!" Wade half-shouted. "He uploaded it: ON NEWGROUNDS."

Within an hour, Tom and his executive staff were at their Pennsylvania headquarters. Wade readied his key, but they never even got close. A rumble was heard overhead, then a massive explosion ripped the windows clean off their frames. The windows were literally ejected from the building, then broke as they hit the ground. As hard drive cache after hard drive cache ignited from the pressure of over two million viewers simultaneously flooding their site, Fulp could only watch in horror as his mighty flash empire fell in tatters about him.

Tom fell onto all fours, his wife weeping beside him and brother gawking at the chaos.
"It's over." said Tom. "It's all over."
Nobody had the will to say any more. They had all seen the horror this new creation wrought. Newgrounds was officially a hole in the ground, an empire laid to waste by a single attack.

And far away, in his secret layer, Hussie watched ans smiled a large, red-lipped smile. Fingers flying over the keyboard, he proceeded to implement his next move. Where to upload it now, he wondered? Perhaps Youtube, yes... it's been quite some time since they had an unscheduled break. And then... well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. The day is young after all, and there are so many sites yet to make fear the date 10/25.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Bogart posted:

Alright, you bastards who have actually seen it, give us a summary.

If anyone posts such a thing without spoiler tags most voluminous, I will hunt you down and cut you. I will cut you SO BAD.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
Hussie's Twitter simply reads: "Well, that didn't work." My friend says that should be added to the name of the thread. It is pretty perfect.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
As well as assuming we are officially out of spoiler mode (seeing how Megaupload has stabilized and it's your own drat fault for not watching the flash first), I was wondering if anyone shared a bit of speculation with me. It being that those who have a sprite form present within them by some method retain their sprite knowledge and some of their powers. It never occurred to me with Frog Aradia, as she jumped into a robot body and stayed like that for a long time. However, Dog Tier bears clear signs of having Jade Sprite merged with Jade's dead dream self. Aradia never stopped being all creepy with her knowledge about the game, so it's a possibility.

Oh, and I've been calling PM Postal Matriarch, because she's gonna go postal on Jack! :downswords: Also, glad to see that Newgrounds fixed the tank so fast. I would have started feeling bad, along with Hussie, if it had taken longer.

edit: Also, the new album is pretty sweet! Great job again, music team!

MidnightSun fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 25, 2011

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
Something I just noticed, don;t know how it escaped me before: Jade only brought herself and John through the fourth wall. Rose and Dave remain probably so they can fight Aradia. If we are really met with a new/reset/ancestor-flipped universe, as seems the case, what will become of our Seer and Knight? I somehow doubt they're simply going to become obsolete, an epic end to lives lost in a beta universe.

MidnightSun fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 18, 2012

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Black Numenorean posted:

Most important character in Homestuck, guys. Most important character in Homestuck. Just in case you doubted it before, Hussie reminds you again.

I warned you about hOnKs, bro!!!
I told you, dog!

Man, when those honks played, all I could think was "no way!" Somehow, I lost faith. I didn't believe in the mIrAcLe.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Gabriel Pope posted:

Skipper Plumbthroat doesn't even have a pegleg!

==>Skipper Plumbthroat: Reveal DEVASTATING FUTURISTIC WEAPONRY cleverly concealed in your PEG-LEG.

He doesn't have a peg-leg, numbnuts!

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Surprisingly kindred to what we saw in the flash.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Sure, he had a conversation with Hussie.. then watched way too much Bleach.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
Oh Jegus, that poor Tinkerbull.

So who else actually took the time to find some appropriate music? I decided on Knife's Edge from the Strife album.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
I personally am hoping some of the fauna are humanimals. I don;t know why they creep my friends out so much, they seem fine to me...

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
I can just imagine how awesome it is. How awesome it is when wrestling. Wrestling in that
oh...
so...
intimate...
way.

WELP, that did it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Pleasant Friend posted:

(Though I do think there is a chance Spade's Slick really is recuperating at Hussie's house...)

I somehow doubt this. If there was an epicenter for the blue universe's explosion, it was Snowman. Scratch's joint was protected because of his role as an excellent host to LE, but I think we can say with tentative certainty that our friend Slick has kicked the bucket (which is probably a lewd sexual phrase in troll culture).