Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
Twitter update.

quote:

100%

quote:

it still doesn't work right for probably 10 to 20% of all computers out there. those people will be angry if i don't fix it.

Only three more days! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
The flash was uploaded as I was reading the text updates. I couldn't view it because of my Mac. :negative:

I'm sure someone will put a torrent (or a reliable stream) up at some point tonight. Until then, :f5:

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Hussie posted:

Didn’t really want it to come to this but here we are.

http://t.co/kvWEbOye

The cat was kind of out of the bag on this animation anyway. Lots of people seeing on video feeds and such, blabbing spoilers, etc. Download, run it off your computer, or upload it to your site, view there, link to friends.

Lets try to cool it on all the video feeds though. We don’t all need to be huddled around lovely bootlegs of this thing. Really it just looks like such trash.

Later I’ll see if I can get a more stable thing hosted, through NG or otherwise. Apologies again to Newgrounds.
I still think it's hilarious that the comic's taken down what? Three sites now? Hopefully Megaupload can hang on for 20 more minutes. :ohdear:

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
Who wants to bet Aradia's going to have something to do with opening LE's sarcophagus?

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Dolash posted:

Welp looks like it's time for a perspective shift.

Although I'd be oddly amused if three of the four kids died and the one survivor (Jane?) would enter the game, hence the one-box Sburb logo in this universe.

Where's the one-box logo? The one in Jane's room is the same as the kids', except it's red and has the window box on the other side.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

And perhaps Bro is not dead in the shower after all! Perhaps he is instead pretending to be a robot here on hellmurder island, having left behind some clothes and a running shower as a cover story; Jake will track him down and shoot him, then carve him open to discover, hidden in the stomach, a large nugget of uranium.

"The stones are in me..."

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
The jungle is the same as the one shown in WV: Ascend and this wallpaper when we see history of the island. Since Grandpa Jake apparently cleared the forest in the B1 universe, I wonder what prevented Jade from doing it in B2. Maybe the lusi monsters were too dangerous? That can't all be pumpkin growth.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
More Tinkerbulls! :3:

I'm sure the goat monster is just going to eat them though.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Well Manicured Man posted:

Also wondering how Andrew's going to tackle the walkaround flashes. But that isn't going to happen for a while.

The first walkaround will be in the beginning of the next book. He'll probably just show the text for anything you can interact with. Too bad we won't get to see trickster mode in glorious book form.

I'm getting KC Green's Anime Club book too so the shipping doesn't seems as expensive. Only $5 for a sketch!

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
"Rita" is the only possible choice since it's short for Margarita.

vvv Dean

Ketzal fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 4, 2011

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

:ohdear:

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
Another avatar!

Well we have the goat bleating. Now what is brobot going to piss on?

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

creationist believer posted:

Not that I would use it, but I think that Jane POFfing her hat would make a good avatar. I'm waiting for the first hero mode Lalonde for my next avatar.

If anyone wants any of these, go ahead and grab it.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
We know Jane's dreamself is awake and probably fine, so I'm guessing Jane is DEAD-dead. The robot is there to take care of the Alpha.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
^^^ I think the green implies that the Scratch undid his death.

Slick might still be alive? Huh.

Also loving the big X over the universe frog.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
KC Green just posted this on his Tumblr. It's amazing and also maybe a sign of a SBaHJ album.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

snucks posted:

yeah, I think Hussie is on the coattails of a big trend in epic contemporary fiction. My all-time favorite piece of fiction, Infinite Jest, actually did exactly what Hussie explicitly set out to do* 15 years ago. I actually got into Homestuck originally after needing something as a substitute with how obsessed I was over Infinite Jest, if anyone here reads regular books and not just online webcomic books I can't reccomend it enough.

I've never read any Wallace or Pynchon, but the style sounds sort of similar to Catch-22. It's one of those books where you have no idea what's going on and when things happen until suddenly it all makes sense, and the impact is so much more than what could be achieved using the same book with a traditional narrative.

Homestuck went from a thing that I was reading to pass the time to something that I knew I would follow to the end when WV was introduced, just to see how he would fit into a story about some kids playing a game. Hussie is very good at making everything in his stories snap together in a satisfying way, and I think I enjoy that even more than the characters.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

That could probably make a bitching avatar.

Here's a kind of lovely version if anyone wants it.

This update doesn't seem all that unprecedented. We know Jack has the hots for dangerous women, and it already seems like kismesisitude is one step away from murderous hatred. All we need now is for WV to wake up, and he and Serenity can complete the quadrants!

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember if it was Andrew or someone else who first said this, but troll romance is pretty much the same goddamn thing as human romance. We just don't have special names for them. You don't have to watch many romantic comedies to find a couple that hates each other but is still soperfectforoneanothersqueeee. Same with best friends. There are probably people who do the same thing as auspistices too. I completely understand how people would be confused by them, but a carapace person's hatelove shouldn't really come as a surprise.

vvv I get that. :( Sometimes I think people in this thread tend to overthink things and question stuff that really shouldn't be shocking.

Ketzal fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 13, 2011

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Well Manicured Man posted:

Hey guys! Never mind the new hoodies and spirograph trinkets (though they are pretty awesome), the 2012 Homestuck Calendar is out! Dare I say it looks much better than last year's and that is no small feat!

e. added a picture

The picture with Doc Scratch in a party hat is one of the Best Things.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Vaah posted:

Said Homestuck fans have also found Hussie's address through the GPS data in that alphabet die picture. He's going to have to move or some poo poo because of creepy fat nerds.

Wait this isn't a joke? Did some crazy fans actually do this?

I really hope Homestuck doesn't turn into Misery. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

lotus circle posted:

That would imply the majority of the fandom actually cares enough about The Felt to care about their romance system.

If you're trying to think on how much they care, let me give you a scary fact: there are still people who think Spades Slick is the same character as Bec Noir. And I'm positive there are a number of people who entirely skipped Intermission.

During the intermission era, there were several people on the MSPA forms who were obsessed with Die and would draw dramatic comics about him making out with the other Felt. Never underestimate the fans.