Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I am way more excited about the eoa flash than I have any right to be.

Hussie is going to destroy everything I love, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Well Manicured Man posted:

At this point I think EOA5 will be either the Homestuck equivalent of a Metal Gear Solid cutscene or the most massive walkaround flash.

Maybe both...

Guest written by Hideo Kojima.

Spoilers - Lord English is nanogenes.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
This is lame, but I'm honestly going to be really sad when Homestuck is over. It's a great story, and I wish I'd gotten into it a year ago.

I'm not the only one, right?

Right?

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

pandaK posted:

Nope, no more MSPA

That's horrible. You're horrible.

Obviously when Homestuck ends (a good six or seven months from now), Hussie will immediately begin posting his next Magnum Opus, and it will be so wonderful all memory of Homestuck will be stricken from our minds.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

P.S. Cal is Lord English.

We are Lord English.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
There's going to be an Act 6 and an Act 7, right? I know Hussie's said that 6 is going to not be nearly as long as 5, and 7's going to be fairly miniscule, but how long does everybody think each one is going to be?

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Hussie's stated before that Act 7 will be an epilogue, so Act 6 will most likely be the climactic finale. Also we should note that saying 6 is not going to be as long as 5 is incredibly slippery, given how long 5 was, and Hussie's plans have certainly outrun him before. (See: majority of the comic up to this point.)

Flash speculation: Jade goes God Tier via her Spriteself, becoming a specimen of anthropomorphic fauna, just as she always dreamed. Recognizing Lord English as a bug (glitch) in the system of Sburb, she eats him and doesn't even care.

Although honestly we've got like a 20% chance of the flash just being the word "PSYCHE" fifty times, and then "THE END" and that's it for Homestuck.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Do you think the Ancestors are going to show up at all?

I would pretty much love a Handmaid vs. Condesce showdown.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

Pretty sure that won't be a problem, because instead you'll see Dead-Tier Karkat. As in, he'll be dead. He's going to die.

I don't want to be so certain about this! He's my favorite character. He's so good. He's too good. Too good for this sinful paradox space.

No. No this is not happening, because it cannot happen. Karkat is the best character.

Although, honestly and seriously, I don't think Karkat's going to die, at least not yet. He's the main character of Hivebent, just as John is the main character in the Sburb part and, arguably, in all of Homestuck. So I think he's got a pretty good chance of making it far into the endgame, though I realize that by saying this I have actually sealed his fate.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, nothing seemed to descend into chaos and cannibalism, though every time the progress bar updated Tumblr kind of imploded a little bit.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Chunky12345 posted:

It was probably a dumb speculation thing.

Yeah, it's not on the announcements section of the site, and I feel like Hussie usually tells us when there's going to be a hiatus?

Also that would just be cruel.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I have pretty much no doubt we're getting to 100 + pages tomorrow. It is going to be catastrophic.

Some of you seem to have an idea of around what time the flash is going to be posted - how do you know? Is this based off the assumption that he's going to release it around 10:25 or is there something else I don't know about?

Edited to add: I realize I'm asking a lot of questions in this thread. Sorry.

marsattacks fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 24, 2011

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Welp, it looks like Hussie doesn't know how he's going to host the 10/25 flash yet.

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11881428494/the-lowdown-on-10-25

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Ultimate Homestuck blueballs here.

And of course the updates happen as soon as I step away from my computer for half an hour.

Oh no, Jade. Noooooooo. Karkat really can't have nice things, can he?

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

5 minutes :psyduck:

wait wait 14 minutes :aaa: :psyboom: :aaa:

Gahhhh.

This is terrible.

Waiting is terrible.

Everything is terrible.

I am just going to try and get myself to close all mspa links and not look until tomorrow.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Skepsist posted:

THIS IS THE LAST RESORT

Yes.

I really am angry at all of you who have already seen it. I am angry at you and also myself for maybe briefly hovering over the spoiler text and seeing a word or two which is just enough to make the wait more frustrating.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
So there's no hope today?

No hope . . . at all.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Skepsist posted:

THIS IS THE MOST EXCITED I'VE BEEN IN YEARS THERE'S NO WYA I'LL BE ABLE TO SLEEP NOW

NO DON'T GIVE IN

Seriously I would not be able to resist. Neither would many others. I have already heard enough, and I am weak.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Skepsist posted:

I AM CRYING IN REAL LIFE

Shhhhhhhh. We all are, Skepsist.

We all are.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Someone edited the October 25 Deaths page on Wikipedia:

quote:

2011 – Newgrounds, American entertainment and social media website, raped to death by the Hussdawg (b. 1995)

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
People keep posting links to livestreams on Tumblr, but they all reach the maximum amount of viewers by the time they start playing.

I managed to get the first minute and a half or so, though.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I like watching the little viewer counter go up.

It's beautiful. Wish I could be sure of when it was reaching the beginning of the cycle, though.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Okay right now the flash stream is paused on the last couple of seconds of the flash, the guy hosting it says he's going to start it again in a minute, so I'd get in now?

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Restarting it now. Go, go.

Edit: Bluh, or at 1:10 (or 2:10, or whatever :10)

marsattacks fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 25, 2011

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

standard owl posted:

Over 2400 viewers in the room now :stare:

Livestream's ads can be really disruptive though!

And now there's three thousand. Holy poo poo.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Alectai posted:

Saw the whole thing.

Wow

I'm not even going to spoiler block my thoughts on specifics. it's something everyone needs to watch for themselves.

Just, loving Wow.

Me too.

Holy gently caress.

As much as I want to talk about it, I won't, because everyone should just get to see it.

But guys, guys.

It's worth it.

(And yes, it's fourteen minutes.)

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

OmegaZultan posted:

I can't wait to watch it again in good quality, because drat.

Especially with the music. That music.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

A Pretentious Owl posted:

Saw it.

Not going to spoiler anything, just going to say:

Yes, it really is 14 minutes, and it really couldn't have been any shorter at all. It is intense, action-packed, and every second is revealing new information. This flash needed every second that it was.

Holy poo poo.

There's so much going on in the flash, it's going to take a couple of views just to unpack it all. But now I see why they spent two months making it.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Awesomonster posted:

Actual true spoiler alert: I am all KINDS of scuffle my feet at the ground bummed about WV, you guys! And AR, but mostly WV 'cause he was my favorite.

reals for real spoilers: Me too. He was surrounded by his Can Town scenery, too. : ( At least PM is okay, she's awesome.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Haschel Cedricson posted:

From Twitter:

Now I can go through this baby frame by frame.

That is, if megaupload doesn't crash.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC: Downloading at ~200 KB/S.

[S]Cascade: Downloading at ~10-15 KB/S.

We are loving HAMMERING Megaupload here.

One website at a time.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

standard owl posted:

ACTUAL SPOILERS So Noir was just brooding there in the pod for hundreds of years, with only Jade's death to think about? No wonder he's been on such a rampage in the troll universe. Tales of loyal dogs always get to me :smith:

Watching the flash made me realize just how much I enjoy the kids as characters. Dave's 2x meaningful look combo was really touching in particular.

Real Spoilers: I didn't really realize how attached I was to the kids until they all went God Tier and I felt so relieved that they were a little bit safer. Also, the flash bumped Jade up quite a few rungs on my favorite character echeladder.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Watching it again now that I've got it downloaded. Holy poo poo the art.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

So let me see if I've got this straight: Jade made a wish upon a star and became the single biggest badass in creation, using her space powers to transport the kids' entire session to the trolls'. This means that their session was Scratched without resetting the kids or their memories, leaving a quartet of God Tiers to maybe finally gently caress up Scratch's plans for good. Right?

Yeah, I think that's about right?

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Hopefully this all means the kids and trolls can meet up now.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

haruspex posted:

Him and John both really did not seem to do much. But I'm 0kay with that if the lesser employed characters like Sollux and Jade got to be hella badass.

I'm especially 0kay with that because I was really afraid one of them was going to die in the flash, and Jade was overdue for her moment in the spotlight.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

TOAST7312 posted:

So who else votes that WV has died in his quest town and should ascend to mayor-tier?

This should happen.

I can't decide if the next update being a post-Scratch Earth or dog tier busting into the Troll universe would be better.

Edit: Or whatever universe. The universe the remaining trolls are currently residing into and which, presumably, dog tier Jade is sending everyone.

marsattacks fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 25, 2011

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I have to say, in terms of what they did with the format, one of my favorite parts has to be when the flash is shifting from Bec Noir and the carapaces to Derse when there's two animations running at once side by side. It's a neat transition.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

OurLivesOnline posted:

So. Who else is hoping for a Post Scratch universe intermission?

I don't know if I could handle another intermission of any sort, ever.

Someone on Tumblr just pointed out that Dave's God Tier hoodie is in the same shape as a knight's chain mail under his helmet (I'm sure it has an official real name). I love stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

FaceTime posted:

Nah, it's going to be a 1025 day Squiddies intermission, where we find out that they are actually the dark gods from the furthest ring and that Eridian has been killing them off because he's a depressed and angry hipster teenage troll!

Each one of the 48 Squiddles who populate the new session will be more richly characterized than anyone prior. Only when we have completely forgotten about the trolls and the kids will Eridan start picking them off, one by one.