Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

creationist believer posted:

Aren't Scots still British?

From a few pages back, but my Music Technology professor told us on the first day: "You can call me a rapist, you can call me a pedophile, but don't you dare call me British."

e: Also he was Scottish, don't know why I didn't think that might be important to mention when I typed this up.

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Olivia42 posted:

Well, you thought I was bluffing, but I did it. I gave up knitting and took up the trombone. Music contest here I come.

It's about Dad.

Yes, no longer will I spend weeks carefully considering color and shape, fretting over designs and trying over and over to get the yarn to go just right, spending an embarrassing amount of effort on something that's mediocre at best that will in all likelihood never be seen by anyone but me and a couple of goons on SA, where the same thing can be made certainly more efficiently and probably of better quality by machines or maybe little sweatshop kids in China. No, I've moved on to spending weeks practicing, trying to remember techniques from back when I was good, recording and rerecording, spending an obscene amount of effort on something that's mediocre at best that will in all likelihood never be heard by anyone but me and a couple of goons on SA, where the same thing could be created certainly more efficiently and probably of better quality with computers.

I hate everything. :smithicide:

Man this has just been the most magical night on the forums.

Please keep posting forever tia :allears:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dolash posted:

What, and leave Roxy in the cold?

Let's have Dirk, Jane, Roxy, the autoresponder, brobot, and UU all confess their love for Jake at the same time, and the poor boy left to melt into a puddle of uncomfortable old-timey confusion. He'll tug at his collar so hard it'll rip right off.

Then the other universe crew appears and Karkat sets about them with hammer and tongs to fix their romantic apocalypse (romapocalypse?).

Well, he will have had three years to perfect his counselling skills. He'll get there, take one look at the situation and simultaneously flip his poo poo and solve everyone else's poo poo.

I really want to get back to the kids and trolls. I really like the new kids (actually now I think about it, mostly just Roxy because she is the bestTM) but this must have been like during hivebent. We're blazing through this super fast though, so it's not too bad. Get to the 48 horrortender squiddle player intermission already!!!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Suddenly, I remember why I liked Jane again.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Hussie posted:

But don’t get me wrong. Just because I call it the Bad Fanfiction Zone doesn’t mean I actually think the Mindfang stuff is bad. All the lore is good and I like the indirect filling in of events and details of alien culture as you’d reveal through study of historical documents and journals. But the execution is humorously heavy handed, somewhere between lavish old world prose and an enthusiastic fandom hackjob, and this was a conscious layer of the gag. And there are some people who do pick up on this.

Why do I like the term "Bad Fanfiction Zone" so much?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

TOAST7312 posted:

You know what's funny? I recently transfered to a 4-year college where I knew few people. I decided to go to some clubs to meet some people, and went to one with my Dave Strider shirt on. First thing they asked me at one of the clubs was "who do you ship?" which threw me off. I should have taken that as a warning sign, but after a day or two they seemed normal. They even told me I was "amazing because I was a sane Homestuck fan."

And then at the last meeting they started talking about their fan session. :stare:

It was like some kind of awkward nightmare. :gonk:

They're still not incredibly bad though, I guess. As long as you don't talk about that particular topic.

No joke, I am legitimately afraid to tell people I like Homestuck. It feels like every time I meet another fan they're always obnoxious about it, once they know I like it too they start throwing quotes and references around like they're going out of style. It's really off putting.

It's also really annoying because they almost universally have gotten into it later than I did. I don't know how homestuck attracts new readers, because if I saw the fandom as it is now I'd avoid homesuck out of spite.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Man the server was really chugging when that last update first went live.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

My friend finally decided to try out Homestuck.

:allears:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I hope since it's the music team and Hussie going through the submissions that the quality of the album is a little better than Land of Fans and Music. That album had some really great tracks but others were not exactly great.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

That reminds me of something. When beta Dave went back in time and became Davesprite, why didn't he bring beta Rose with him? Did they know she'd be giving alpha Rose those memories?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Okay someone posted http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004197 before, but looking ahead a few pages we get this: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004203.

Am I reaching in thinking it's foreshadowing at what the actual "X of Blood" symbol is?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Spellman posted:

Nah, I totally buy it.

Thundarr posted:

I totally buy that it is retroactive foreshadowing.

Welp. :blush:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Let's just get back to Kanaya and I'll be happy. :colbert:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Something to keep in mind is that that Aradia's blood isn't a mutation, it's just at the bottom end of the caste. Karkat's blood isn't even in the system so it just dumps him at the very bottom. Also, I'm pretty sure everyone knew Aradia's blood color. She didn't really go through any effort to hide it like Karkat did. It looks like in troll society displaying your blood color is pretty normal, only "freaks" like Karkat hide them.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Bobulus posted:

You guys are missing the important thing: He's got a recuperacoon again!

I wonder if they got Gamzee hooked on the recup' juice again, or if he's learned to moderate his sanity?

Kanaya is a hell of a deterrent.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

RedMagus posted:

Really, I'm getting some persona 4 vibes reading all this.

Poor Karkat though, the guy really has a hard time coming to grips with all this. He seems pretty lonely as well, or maybe he's so drat tired of yelling at no one who'll listen to him.

Calling it now, after the three years have passed the first time we see Karkat he'll have calmed down and won't be yelling or typing in all caps anymore. (Maaaybe he'll switch his text color to red for good, too)

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Slime posted:

So, anyone else think all this is going to spin off a shitload of terrible fan fiction?

How can it spin off when it is already here?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dolash posted:

...This isn't shipping, is it? Someone warn me if it is.

Phase 1: "Homestuck fans are weird, I'm never getting into that whole shipping thing"
Phase 2: "This isn't shipping, but..."
Phase 3: "Well, I ship them in a caliginous slash ashen, polyamorous, queer, unrequited, alternate universe ot3, and honestly, I think that’s the only way to do it"

(no that wasn't shipping you were doing)

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sepherothic posted:

These last two posts really make me hope for another alterniabound. That was probably my favorite part of the whole comic.

Really? I didn't like aterniabound much at all. I liked pretty much all the other walk-around flashes but alterniabound was too big. I messed around on it for around 15-20 minutes switching between characters and trying to talk to everyone as everyone else and then quit after getting lost randomly teleporting.

I felt bad because it obviously had a ton of effort put into it but it was just way too much to have at one time for me. If it had been just Karkat I would have probably gone back and looked everywhere but with all those other people to switch to it added up to way more time then I was willing to spend walking around and talking to people.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but did anything of importance really happen in that whole flash besides Karkat telling everyone to not go to sleep?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Didn't he spend like a hundred bucks on all those tiny dice?

Man just has like, different priorities then most people.

If I were Hussie I'd make a point of it to blow an insignificant amount of money (compared to what the comic generates regularly) on something I always wanted from my childhood too.

Like buy an entire crate of Jawbreakers and try to recreate this:

:colbert:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > MSPaint Adventures - Coffee Edition, The Final Acts

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Tollymain posted:

Oh man I want to read AIDS again.

That's... an interesting acronym. I never realized that.

The proper way to read And It Don't Stop is to read each page twice, once rapping the lyrics out loud and a second time to actually see the page itself.

E: ^^^^^^^^

glug posted:

Someone link it please?

http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Andrew&cid=aids/00000.jpg

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Roger Explosion posted:

Jeez Karkat is kind of a bitch.

I want to empty quote this forever. Karkat's cool except when he starts interacting with other people. He always has to hide his introspective side because that's not what he thinks a leader should be like and right now he's been doing it for so long it just comes naturally and oh gently caress I'm doing a character analysis about homestuck :negative:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Eridan was awesome and Karkat becoming more like him can only be a good thing. :colbert:

As long as he doesn't lose his relationship juju and start copying Eridan's whiny bitch attitude. Remember, Eridan literally spent half his time in the game successfully taking down Angels (which were hard to kill even though he had his ultimate weapon already). Dude may have had no common sense but was a hell of a fighter.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

This is literally the best series of updates I've seen in a long time

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Somebody, anybody, please translate the title of the book.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Oh Karkat. I feel like you're channelling a million E/N posters.

Talk to Terezi you douche, not Dave.

GET THERAPY

Also, you don't love her.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

DAVE: this book is now like
DAVE: our fight fueled ouija board of cock

:allears:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

glug posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

I admit for some reason I don't see much of the ads :(

You gotta whitelist homestuck. The ads are an entire community of their own.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Penis Ouija posted:

I can understand the avatar but did you change your username to that or was it like that before the update? If it's the latter then it's pretty awesome but if not...:stare:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Penis Ouija posted:

It's the latter; I was dissatisfied with my old username, then this post happened, so I had both the desire to change it and something to change it to.

So I did.

Way to snag the best name ever. t:mad:t
no I'm not jealous at all

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Fister Roboto posted:

I think it's kind of funny that whenever Hussie rings the "no update today" bell, people start salivating for a flash update.

That's because that's pretty much always how it happens?

If an entire day or two go by without Hussie saying why (like when he's traveling or something) the next update is pretty much always a flash.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Act 6 Intermission 2 is probably my favorite part of Homestuck so far. We're (apparently) done with the relationship shenanigans for now and we get to see everyone growing up a bit. I'm glad that people are just talking now, everything sounds a lot more natural.

Natural might not be the right word, I guess what I'm saying is I like how we get to see how everyone interacts with each other when they're not communicating via computers. Everyone's still the same, but it's all the little differences that develop the characters that are great like Dave's insults not being quite as snappy since he's on the spot and Rose not being as verbose. John seems a bit more blunt too, but not in a mean way. He's like a puppy. You can't stay mad at a puppy.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Oh my god Jade

Jade what are you doing

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Is John/Vriska really shipping when the last interaction between the two was basically
:spidey: "Hey you're pretty cool, we should date"
:v: "Yeah, that sounds cool let's do it"

I mean there are a lot of people taking it way too far at this point but there's nothing wrong with thinking that they would date or whatever given that they've already said that they'd want to.

Some of you guys are getting way too worked up about this! It's not like people are coming in here and pairing up everyone with everyone else, people are just commenting on the closest thing to a relationship the comic's ever had (and hopefully ever will have unless Hussie starts stirring up the fanbase again).

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Yeah, the comic was pretty rosy before, what with things like Vriska having to kill her own parent figure and later controlling someone else's mind, making him write the words "kill me" over and over again in her own blood.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm going through withdrawal here. I need a new album. Not this fan-music thing, although I'm sure it's going to be great, but what I'm really looking forward to is Volume 9. I don't get how some people go without buying the music, I've been collecting pretty much all the main ones so far. As far as Homestuck goes for me, the music is first and the comic second.

Also, I remember there was a program someone made (probably on the mspa forums somewhere) that you would point to your music folder which would redo the tags on all the Homestuck music and update them to have the actual artists' names who produced each individual song rather than just "Homestuck". Does anyone know where I can find that?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Bobulus posted:

Then it's followed up by the reunion of Dave and Davesprite, which is like four words long.
Re: Jade
Davesprite: "We cool?"
Dave: "We cool."

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

What rss things are most people using (preferably one with a browser extension or something)? I've never used one before, I should probably start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I can't wait until we find out what John's powers actually do besides the windy thing. At this point everyone else's powers seem a lot better in comparison.

I mean come on, Thief of Life? So their power is basically stealing the life out of other people and hoarding it, so they have extra lives or something (or are just really hard to kill).