Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
So I guess Jake is Gaius Baltar now.

If this were Dirk's dreamself, wouldn't Aranea be able to see him? We have no reason to believe that she can. I don't think he's "just" a figment of Jake's imagination, but more a perfect alignment of his Page powers and Dirk's Heart powers (subconcious-Dirk did mention that Heart deal with the self, and splintered selves are kind of what Dirk is all about). He may have been created by Jake but I guess he isn't limited by Jake's knowledge or anything because of this. Heart sure is a weird aspect.

Though I have to wonder, why did Nepeta not seem to have any of these fractured selves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?

Bobulus posted:

Wait, why wouldn't Aranea be able to see him? When Beta-John and Vriska saw imagined people (like Vriska's spidermom or John's dad), the other could see them.

I think that Not-Jake fellow is lying.

If someone was saying "She can't see me" right in front of you, wouldn't you say something? Right now it just seems like she isn't saying anything because this dude is freaking out about boners to himself and acting loving crazy.

He could be lying but I don't know if we really have any reason to believe that. Doesn't seem like any Dirk's -- real or imagined -- style.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Oh okay that makes more sense. I still think he is what he says he is, mostly, it's just a case of weird alignment between their classes that allows him to exist.

Truly, this is what will lead to Jake becoming Lord English; having to deal with five hundred Dirks when all he wants to do is talk to his bro about his feelings.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?

King of Solomon posted:

I'm not sure that makes sense. If I understand UU correctly (and if we are to trust her, of course), that means that Dirk's role as the Prince of Heart- using the Self interpretation of heart here- is actually that of the Destroyer of Self. How would that reflect into the creation of a self in another person? In addition, we don't actually know much about what a Page does, but we do know that the class generally forms around the aspect- in Jake's case, Hope. So how would the [x] of Hope, again, have anything to do with the creation of a self?

Man I'm just going with what I'm given. Mind-Dirk just said something about a fractured existence being his "thing", and how he probably couldn't exist in anyone else's mind (due probably to Jake's Page class, though perhaps also dealing with Hope? We still don't really know what Hope does). We can look back on Dirk's always-aware dream self, Brobot, and the AR to conclude he probably isn't lying about the fractured self bit. How that lines up with the Prince being a destroyer class is a complete mystery to me too, but I really don't see any reason to not take what this Dirk is saying at face value.

To be clear, he's obviously more than just a subconscious creation of Jake's mind, but I think it has more to do with weird plot poo poo than mind-Dirk lying.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Hahaha oh my god. I was very excited for more of Jake completely loving up any chance of Aranea ever liking him but this is just as good. I can't wait to see how he gets out :allears:

Midnight Raider posted:

This is probably the first "Lord English somehow came about because of Jake" theory which I actually kind of like. Every good action hero needs his villain.

Agreed. One of the recent updates implied LE just took his name from Jake for some weird reason, but it doesn't really explain why, and this would be a great reason. Jake creates him with his unfortunately realised Page powers.

Though I am still really curious to know what Hope does and how that would play into this theory. Maybe it's what gives the kids a chance to actually win?

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
The new songs are great and everyone should download them immediately! When I saw that Indigo Archer was by Rachel Macwhirter I thought it'd be another vocal track but it isn't, and I really like it. Purple Tyrant is also not what I expected at all though in retrospect I don't know why not.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Guys, have you ever wondered why not prototyping anything at all is the absolute worst thing you can do?

I think we are about to find out.

I'm pretty sure we already know why it's the worst thing to do though? If there are no pre-entry prototypings, the Battlefield doesn't evolve and you can't create the a new universe. They even talked about it in the comic, it's a void session.

Right now I don't think any of us can really guess at what DD wants to do with that ring.

Idunn fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 14, 2012

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I have to wonder who you guys follow on tumblr because I never see reactions like that. Are you just going through the Homestuck tag or something? Because yes I will agree that place is awful (though usually it's just full of really bad fanart).

As for the update itself, I have a prediction: Dirk's dreamself bites it saving Jane somehow, like Jade did with John. I wonder how Dirk will react to having that huge part of himself just... gone. Especially since he's been in aware in both places basically forever.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I am going to laugh forever if it turns out Dirk was like "what is she doing here" not because she's in danger, but because she's ruining his chance to confess to Jake.

Though Jake would probably just be annoyed, since dream-Dirk is yet another alternate Dirk and not the one he wants to talk to, which is also pretty hilarious. At this rate Dirk and Jake will finally get to talk in time for the four year anniversary, and Dirk's confession will be on next Valentine's Day.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
So this was not part of Dirk's confession plan, Jane and Jake are just incapable of listening to the glasses (though to be fair he's being obtuse as gently caress, I wouldn't listen to his non-warnings either).

Also Jake's expression :allears: What a perfect, precious moron.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?

fatherdog posted:

"Dirk and Roxy need to get into the game or they're going to die because of that horribly dangerous red poo poo, so stay where you are and concentrate on making sure they make it in instead of investigating random teleporters" isn't really obtuse or a non-warning and he said all of that almost verbatim.

To Jane he just said that going into the transportaliser was a bad idea while she wanted to look for her dad (and even brought her computer for when Roxy showed up, since she wasn't there). With Jake he was a bit more explicit, yeah, and Jake has a worse excuse, I will give you that.

I'm sure they'd be helping more if Dirk and Roxy were there and not distracted, but there isn't much the server players can do on their own right now. I guess they could be building up their houses but that's not nearly as exciting as stepping on random teleporters to see where they lead.

Seoinin posted:

It just ain't Homestuck if the Prospit kids ain't acting like total dinguses.

Also this.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Okay just finished listening to the whole album. I have to agree with the people who said they didn't like this one quite as much as the last couple, but that's okay because I'm sure I'll love it more with more listens. I didn't like Universe B nearly as much as A at first but now it has some of my favourite songs on it (Orange Hat has been my most listened to song in itunes for aeons)! So. Lancer, for one, might be my favourite Homestuck song period.

Also uu is the best artist everyone should just stop trying.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Will WV even exist in this session? In B1 he was a farmer on the battlefield, and given bizarre game mechanics, he probably always had been. A2 WV might have existed but wasn't important enough for us to see him.

I hope we see him anyway because I love WV, but I just realised this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Very observant. I doubt it's a coincidence if he was witnessing a rebellion, it fits too well. Man that flash was a long time ago, I forgot completely.

I hope WV? escapes the Miles then at least, no more dead WVs please.