Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Roger Explosion posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4NvBz8xac

Oh, Michael Bowman, you're so dreamy.

He has a really bitching house. I'd live in that house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JT Jag posted:

In theory Hussie will start another MSPaint Adventure for everyone to be obsessed about, even greater than the last.

That... that's going to be a thing that will happen, right?

Nope, no more MSPA

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I don't get why you guys would reread it when it's so close to the end. I'm personally planning on going through it all over again once it's entirely complete so that I get the entire straight readthrough experience.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Regy Rusty posted:

Close to the end? This thing's got six months left in it at least and I would not be at all surprised if it's longer than that.

At least six months.
That would put it at ending near 4/13.

I see your game.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

FutureSushi posted:

Anyone who got to watch it I hate you all.

I even had 6009 ready to open the second someone would've said it dropped but I was watching my terrible japanese animes in waiting :(

Now you know what you must never ever do.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bogart posted:

Alright, you bastards who have actually seen it, give us a summary.

Why would you do that to yourself.

Every moment of agony you suffer through only intensifies the pleasure of the eventual climax.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

full video here
http://www.livestream.com/notasenator/video?clipId=pla_30f6dcd7-5041-4938-b934-be41ac8510ac

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh by the way, just ignore the first minute on this one. It's just the Play button until a minute in.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

This is what I think Mom and Bro will be like
http://askscenemomandweeabro.tumblr.com/ask

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bobulus posted:

I hope at some point, after John shows up, Jane tries to hide him in the attic, possibly to keep her Dad from finding him.

But then John won't see Dad alive :(

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zorak posted:

Jack Noir, do you know who killed Rita? Rita loved alcohol...
Oh man I didn't expect a Dark Seed 2 LP reference in here. That made my day.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cheapsteaks posted:

Throwing Duke into the ring for D*** names.

Just because there aren't enough people named Duke these days.

But can you count on him?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Prison Warden posted:

I assume it isn't a one to one grist/boondollar exchange rate then, I guess. And do we know for sure that the small grist bit is equal to half of a big one?

Questions questions.

One of the walkarounds or some flash let you pick up grist and showed you the amount they were worth.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wait I forget, did God Dave and Rose along with everyone else near the Green Sun follow in the Scratch or stay behind?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pastrymancy posted:

And then Jade shows up and is the biggest space furry of them all :allears:
It all makes sense now

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well Manicured Man posted:

Thanks! I spent a long time tweaking all the symphonic instruments so that they fit together nicely with the guitars and even then I'm still not sure if I'm satisfied with my part of the song :v:

Sort of a segway, but do you happen to have a good tutorial on how to use a program like FL Studio to create music?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Spellman posted:

Just as the Professor foretold.

Suddenly it just got a whole lot more anime in here

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

And where's the evil part of Gamzee?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

He's just overreacting is all :colbert:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hikarusa posted:

I think it would be magical if before the final boss fight we had a teaser le fight where it was Lord English vs Lord English [God Tier Jake]. I mean that would be like the best thing. Unless Jake was like killed then or something, that wouldn't be very cool. That wouldn't be very cool at all!!

kidMom will finally express her feelings to Jake, kissing him before the final battle. Jake will eventually have to sacrifice himself to create an opening whereupon kidBro and crew activate their rainbow fighting spirit to triumph over all odds.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

You could try cropping it

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dolash posted:

I'm going to risk all of my carefully collected internet cred (none) and admit I did not enjoy Arrested Development at all. I found it way too cringe-inducing and the humour was far too reliant on the idea of a tolerant but flawed and put-upon family member having to put up with all of his family's crap when he should've ditched them ten minutes into the first episode.

The whole thing was like a will-they-or-won't-they plot, only unlike those plots where there's some distant promise of movement, Arrested Development seemed trapped in a self-made family hell forever.

Almost sounds like its plot development was arrested.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I wonder what the kid guardians will have for leitmotifs

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dolash posted:

Oh wow, I really like Jade's sprite representation. I wasn't sure how well her look would translate, but it works.

Are Rose and Dave going to get similar level-up scenes? Will they just be implied to have happened off-screen? Or will Dave once again drag behind John in power and quietly grumble about it in his own way?

Having God-Tier levels right now is a pretty good idea, gives the narrative a little more head-room. The players can still get stronger, they're not quite yet at the peak with nothing to do but waiting for their final battle.

What happens at the top of the god tiers?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

A classic example would be As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner, but I don't think the differing viewpoints would be considered universally spanning.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well Manicured Man posted:

Hey guys! Never mind the new hoodies and spirograph trinkets (though they are pretty awesome), the 2012 Homestuck Calendar is out! Dare I say it looks much better than last year's and that is no small feat!

e. added a picture

what do you mean it's no small feat to be better than last year's calander? to make a better one all you do is remove March Eridan

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Paracelsus posted:

The spiders in John's wrapping paper are a nice touch, too.

Edit: Also looks like Dave's wrapping crayons. For Terezi?

All that wax can't be good for a growing trollgirl's digestive system.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

snucks posted:

Dave is wrapping chalk for terezi, John is wrapping Nic Cage movies for Vriska, Rose is knitting a scarf for Kanaya... what type of bug does Jade have and who is it for?

It's a crab blargh

I really like Rose's hair in this picture.

really really
like it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cabbit posted:

Man, Hussie regarded the hell out of that last question.

What

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

All John needs to do now is enter Jade

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nic Cage is lord english

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Update

Slowing down Jack so that he can't reach the asteroid sure does sound like a just thing to do.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

YggiDee posted:

It seems the next album is going to be pretty crazy!

So basically it will be an official fan music project.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SubNat posted:

Hum-
I've got all of them on my pc as .flac (Except for Homestuck for the Holidays, which is in .mp3 ) It'll take a while to upload, but just to make sure:

None of the albums are buyable or downloadable anymore, so it's not :filez:, right?

Well it's not like you had to pay for most of them.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Android Blues posted:

I would freak out. I would, like, live in a box by now.

A box...fort?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Waffnuffly posted:

What actually got retconned?

Dave called himself a white guy and Hussie changed "white" into jumbled garble.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Are there any plans to start up another for people who didn't get into the first one? I was at school when you guys started talking about this and I'm sad I couldn't make it in time.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ice_Mallet posted:

Is there an example of a game session I can look at? I've heard about these kinds of games but I've never been in one, so I don't really know what I'd expect If I'd ever get in a session myself.

Well I don't know how helpful this will be, but this site compiles a bunch of threads about this very topic. I'd suggest going into the archives, sort by highest vote, and then just read things that sound interesting. Of course, not everything is strictly about the processes of tabletop roleplaying, but some of the best stuff I've read came from here so that's why I suggest it.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 31, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I had to write an essay in English.

I was bored.

Did you turn that in as is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gizmotinker posted:

Kind of hangs a big question mark over exactly how much of Roxy's teasing is ironic.

It reminds me of the comic where Roxy realizes no one loves her.