Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pinechild posted:

So, despite the fact that I haven't written any music since Intro Music Theory in undergrad, I came up with an entry to the soundtrack project. Please tell me how I can make it better, or if it's good enough to submit as-is.

I really like how it runs with the theme of morse code through the whole song. Don't know much about music to offer anything beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eggie posted:

Now, I might be a little bit dull, but if you ask me, Homestuck is a very complicated story! Just how does Hussie go about writing this thing and figure out how to tell it?

He organizes every minute detail together like for example he'll aggregate everything about cats and Jasper etc next to each other even if they currently don't have much in common.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Olivia42 posted:

Well, you thought I was bluffing, but I did it. I gave up knitting and took up the trombone. Music contest here I come.

It's about Dad.

Yes, no longer will I spend weeks carefully considering color and shape, fretting over designs and trying over and over to get the yarn to go just right, spending an embarrassing amount of effort on something that's mediocre at best that will in all likelihood never be seen by anyone but me and a couple of goons on SA, where the same thing can be made certainly more efficiently and probably of better quality by machines or maybe little sweatshop kids in China. No, I've moved on to spending weeks practicing, trying to remember techniques from back when I was good, recording and rerecording, spending an obscene amount of effort on something that's mediocre at best that will in all likelihood never be heard by anyone but me and a couple of goons on SA, where the same thing could be created certainly more efficiently and probably of better quality with computers.

I hate everything. :smithicide:

I'm so proud of you.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SynthOrange posted:

blue-lookers-nude.com doesnt go anywhere... yet. :tinfoil:

Well now it does.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Elysiume posted:

Does anyone know when/if they'll be releasing more albums?
They're currently coming up with a fanmusic album except that it's official. Hussie and Radiation are currently going through 1000 songs, of which 200% of them are chiptune remixes of Beatdown, to compile a definite album.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I like how the conspiring AI starts off with saying "I'm afraid..."

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

UltraPenguinX posted:

Was it ever confirmed if Karkat's symbol even existed pre-scratch?

It was the sign of the signless.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, what?

Why would anyone have any reason to give her poo poo for... clarifying hairstyle?

Braids aren't as anime as cool sleek edgy rat tails

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well Manicured Man posted:

Sign of the Scorpion

I don't think there are enough songs about Vriska, Mindfang, A1 Mindfang, etc.

That is because there are never enough songs about Vriska!!!!!!!! ::::)

As trolls mature, their irises take on the color of their blood. I can't remember if it was ever actually explicitly stated, but the adult ancestors have been shown with eyes that match their blood color and the kids haven't.

What is the post from Jit and crew that you were talking about in that post?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Rykert posted:

Oh lord. It's happened.

For clarification, some chucklefuck thought it'd be great to spoil the big reveal to Dante for shits and giggles.

Here's a follow up post to the aftermath: http://kawaiiscout.tumblr.com/post/18780822878/tumblr-is-funny

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 5, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I always liked how the flashes where people were walking up stairs has their foot reaching every step which means they're taking every step one at a time.

Lupus Rufus posted:

I'm getting a Mega Man Battle Network vibe from Bowman's song, and a Skyrim vibe from Beatfox's. I really like them.

Personally whenever I hear that specific riff in a song (the fast drum beat one), I'm always reminded of The Man with The Machine Gun from Final Fantasy 8.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 9, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Rumda posted:

Hmm I wonder if when it comes to elements blood would map to fate...

Well blood could relate to familial obligations which is a sort of fate

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zorak posted:

Aaand watch the next page be Karkat just hanging himself out of the sheer futility of reality. And that's the alpha end. Not only is his alpha existence revealed as futile to him, but coming to terms with said existence is alpha unacceptable.

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

And that's how he goes god tier

also nice new avatar

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bongo Bill posted:

In that last page, there's already film forming on the surface of the coffee.

They drink that.

Well at least we know what Gamzee's doing

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Saradiart posted:

Refracted perfectly into the blood color of Eridan, Tavros, Nepeta, and Terezi?

coincidence

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ominous Jazz posted:

Wait, did he really move because of rabid fans?

Well he never directly said that.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Duskfiend posted:

All I saw was orange soda. :gonk:

Well now we know where Dirk got all of his!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JT Jag posted:

Dave should seriously have a tiny smirk at this last panel here

I know he's only smiled like one or twice before in this entire comic but suplexing Karkat would call for it

I'd like to believe he carried out those actions completely nonchalantly.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bobulus posted:

She honestly doesn't seem evil, just a jerk. I mean, sure, she wants to kill Roxy, but that seems to be out of idle boredom than anything else.

Also, do we think that's her name, or a ridiculously long acronym?

edit: Why are you guys assuming A1-TrollQueen is like A2-TrollQueen? There's probably a huge nature/nurture thing going on here. By nature she may be a bit of a jerk, but this version seems...a lot less refined.

quote:

Meena \me(e)-na\ as a girl's name is pronounced MEEN-ah. It is of Hindi and Sanskrit origin, and the meaning of Meena is "fish". Astrological name, Pisces. Hindu mythology: a name of the wife of Shiva.p

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

He stopped accepting suggestions when we all died in the Reckoning.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TOAST7312 posted:

But not with ducks. Ducks were never a thing before. Now they are a thing, and they will never stop being a thing.

Ducks were totally a thing, just not the thing you were thinking about

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well Aranea is making all sorts of sense to me.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

This is a greatest update

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Goonstuck is pretty fun and if any other goons wanted to make their own games it would be Pretty drat Sweet.

I forget, does Goonstuck use any rulesets or is it freeform roleplaying?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

How meta would you guys say it would be if we got to see Problem Sleuth + everything else in Hussie's dream bubbles

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well Manicured Man posted:

YES!!! I feel all tingly inside now that it's finally here!

Guess who wrote Rust Servant, Teal Hunter, and Violet Mariner :)

Do you happen to have a link to where you keep all your music? I remember one of your songs that I especially liked that's not on the album.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wrist Watch posted:

And now there's a flash holy poo poo overload :woop:

E: the fandom's going to have a field day with this one

Why was it called DOTA?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It just got taken out.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Iron Knight also sounds almost exactly like Through the Flames and Fire, just shifted a note or something.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wrist Watch posted:

There's also this video, although one or two stretch a bit.

To be fair, he did kind of do this as a troll.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

And besides the video is all wrong anyway. Beloved Tomboyish Girl is from Touhou 6, not 1 :colbert:

Well if you turned on annotations you'd see it was fixed!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The hell is this poo poo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

This is everything that I could have asked for.
So much better than side A, oh my god

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Just made it to the bass solo in Jade's song. :allears:

Gonna be listening to this until forever, goddamn.

I am crying at how amazing the Squiddle song is

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Oh sweet jesus it's perfect :cry: first vocal song I can honestly say I'll want on my MP3 player

Okay so never mind, this whole crying thing is actually a thing that is happening forever. I am just continuously crying and laughing this whole time, oh god I am causing irreparable damage to my cheeks.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wait, Clockstopper was made by a goon, wasn't it?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Quotetype posted:

I got to Red Disc and all of a sudden I'm in Norfair or something. Great album so far, and judging by what other people have been saying it will continue to be until the very last track.

I've just finished, and I can say that this is the best album.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Glory of Arioch posted:

Can someone dig through their browser cache and repost this? :smith:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f3hk3kn3an3aff6
Here you go.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bongo Bill posted:

Who was working on that Homestuck tabletop game, and where can I see more about it? I ask for two reasons. One is that a friend expressed an interest in it, and the other is that I might want to see what I can do to contribute.

I'm always down for another session to take place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ancestor Dave's sword doesn't especially look very broken.