Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Has anyone noted that at the time Gamzee was typing to Scratch, i.e. at the point 'the most important character in Homestuck fondly regards the miracle of a new beginning.', Lil' Cal is on his lap?

Edit - it must be said that that flash was really something else. Absolutley brilliant. Glad to see Xamag-chan's art got in, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

This may be stretching assumptions a bit, but could she possibly be Echidna? Half-woman, half-snake...?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You know, I bet when Lord English gets defeated/killed/whatever, it will be a callback to Karkat getting mashed in the face with the bucket. It is just too fitting for it to be anything else.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Dream Jane lookin' at clouns.

Really looking forward to seeing what some of those mean. The drones especially. (And what was that R. was using? Some sort of lunchbox with a mutant kitten motif, or Mutini encased in a big cartoon block of ice, or what?)

I'm guessing the latter - Alpha-Mom sending Mutini encased in ice would explain how Mutini ended up in the Beta session in the first place. Probably needed to break the window in the first place too for some reaon or another.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I do hope that explosion didn't end up killing Dad...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You know, it might just be the case that Hussie is waiting unitl Valentine's Day until Dirk mans up to tell his feelings for Jake, just to make it even more heartbreaking when things don't go well.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Holy poo poo Time On My Side :allears:

So, are the Dersites actually following Dirk in a rebellion, or did they just sort of walk behind him to see what was going on?

I reckon the latter - they saw him carrying around HB's head; he wasn't going to lead 'em against the Condence, he was just grabbing the nearest pike for a good ol'-fashioned head-staking, not a rallying flag, like WV.

What I want to know now is this: is DD the defacto leader of the Midnight Crew in the Alpha Kid's universe, considering he did the whole 'leaflet crush' thing Jack did?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I would have thought that the land of Pyramids would be Jake's - after all, where else would one find a Cairo Overcoat if not in a pyramid?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Has there been an update? When I go on the website, the most recent update was on the 14th...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Saradiart posted:

This has to be a future Gamzee that is time traveling backwards. Insofar as shown in the comic, time tuners do not allow for one to teleport. They only let you go back or forward in time.

Gamzee would not be at the precise location of Jane's planet in the past. It has to be him in the future, standing on LOCAH, and going back in time.

Hang on, though, doesn't beta Dave go back in time FROM LOHAC to his apartment's roof?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I think we are all overlooking a MAJOR plot development here: Where did Vriska's glasses go?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

CidGregor posted:

In other, non-shipping-grid news, treestuck is seeing the beginnings of Mindfang's journal and is just inches away from the Vriska/Eridan/Gamzee showdown. And she is pretty much terrified and losing her poo poo in the best, most adorable way.

Guys I think this may be the most entertaining liveblog I've ever followed.

I second that comment, but I'd also like to make a suggestion - could the Red Miles be from DD on Derse? He does say no-one can escape it - perhaps it is on some kind of 'search and destroy' command, and doesn't differentiate between dream and non-dream selves?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well. Wow. Not much I could ever say in response to this but... I did NOT see this coming. At all. In any way, shape or form. To think I was thinking Hussie was losing his "twist outta fuckin' nowhere"-edge with people guessing Dirk and Roxy were in the future.

There's no way you can out-guess/predict Hussie. He is just too good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I was the guy who told him to do a live audio response!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, Indigo is Gamzee's blood color. Not sure why the actual ink is blueish. Guess it faded over time? Or it's an art error?

I still don't know whose side Gamzee is on (maybe none?) and I suspect this is exactly how Hussie wants it. The bard is the wildcard of any group, and we probably won't know what Gamzee is up to until the very end.

No, indigo is blue, and it corresponds to Equius's blood. My God, if Gamzee takes over the narrative like Doc Scratch... But that would imply he somehow gets his hands on the book before Calliope gets it. Or perhaps he's still on the meteor while it's being written... and then gets to Jane's session? I don't know.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

graybook posted:

Probably due to universal constants like Will Smith

Uh, I believe you mean John Cusack? :spergin:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

In case anyone doesn't know - Xamag-chan who did some of the best art for Cascade is finally back on her tumblr . Surprise, surprise, her art is still amazingly good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Holy crap, the 'Red Miles' announcing title is physically over Derse, just like 'Prospit', 'Derse' and 'Homestuck' titles ACTUALLY exist, too.

Also, those flashes were pretty goddamn... Well, Dave's REALLY gonna develop a complex over Dirk now.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

CidGregor posted:

Does anyone else think she is going to react extremely strongly to Doc Scratch abusing the Handmaid? I mean it's pretty awful regardless, but I get the sense with treestuck in particular it's going to cut deep.

Yeah - I must admit I would think that might make her REALLY despise Scratch, esp. after her reactions to post-God Tier Aradia and to sober Gamzee.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Christ, she so happy about it, I almost don't want to read her response to the Handmaiden.

Almost.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

If any of you guys are still got the update shakes, Treestuck will be reading the pages about the Troll Ancestors at 2000 CST. In the words of the Prequel thread - let's all make a Homestuck cry!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

With respect to the beta is anyone getting the impression that some type of weird, cataclysmic event happened which hosed up a lot of these pre-scrathced trolls? Like something which deafened Leijon, messed up Captor, scarred Ampora, etc. For some reason I was reminded of Gigyas's unfathomnable attack.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh poo poo! Treestuck is apparently going to be updating within 24 hours!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

This is foreshadowing.

I think it's just a reference to Peter Pan.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

At - uh - the risk of sounding like a junkie, does anyone know when the servers will be coming back on-line? Any word on that at al?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Something that I saw on Tumblr - yeah, yeah, I know - which was amusing:

When helmet-less Mituna shows up and says: 'H47H 4NYW0NG 533N MY H4ML37', check out the Kurloz behind him.

He's dressed as Hamlet.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh jeez, just noted something. Jake having two golden guns is a reference to Lord English, sure. But it's ALSO a reference to Face Off; them being Castor Troy's weapon of choice in the start of the film.

IT'S NIC CAGES ALL THE WAY DOWN!!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

OH GOD

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Indie Rocktopus posted:

...Dirquiussprite...

Hold on.

It looks as if Equius corpse is gonna be prototyped with AR.

Equius wears sunglasses all the time.

AR is an AI with insinuated - though not confirmed - sinister motivations.

If they combine, it'll be the merging of a sentient being with a supercomputer, essentially a form of transhumanism (...or trollism, whatever.)

I'll wager that Hussie has played Deus Ex, and the next sprite is going to be called Halius.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You know, something was pointed out to me re. the Genesis Frog, and the fact that when Jade encounters it when she was younger it dies almost immediately after she picks it up.

That may have been its purpose.

Because the frog is supposed to be sent back in time, and is said to be the speaker of the vast croak.

Not croak as in 'ribbit'.

But croak as in 'die'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm having to agree with what people have been saying - this is doing nothing but simply riling up people about a subject that Hussie has overlooked in the past for absolutely no reason than he could. I mean, him using Kankri was good and funny. This isn't.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Why are some of you blaming Calliope for this? She was afraid that Caliborn would kill her and take the juju from her, she had no idea that Jane was going to get Caliborn's juju.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I am sure there will be a call-back to Jake jumping Meenah sometime in the future, with Aradia jumping HIC.

After all, who better to go after Sea-Hitler than troll-Indiana Jones?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hang on - hang on.

The felt are NOT, as I had thought the consorts of the planets, since Caliborn's been shooting turtles.

What if they're Denzines? What if THAT'S the reason they have their time-based powers? That would fit with Caliborn's session being an 'extra-hard' version of the game, i.e. there being more bosses...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

YggiDee posted:

The last time I tried explaining Homestuck to one of my friends, I was really excited about it because Cascade just came out, and I wanted other people to be excited with me too. Then I realized that I would have to start at "What is a Webcomic," and "What are Adventure Games," so I gave up. She's a great friend, but our hobbies barely intersect at all.

Oh geez, we're talking about Homestuck in real life now?

Well, m'family usually has a pre-Xmas meal before the actual holidays and two years ago, I was sitting by my younger second/first cousin once removed, I don't know the nomenclature - but she was talking about your usually internet-dweeby stuff, i.e. XKCD, etc.

"Oh" quoth I "you ever heard of a thing called Homestuck?"

She hadn't, so I gave a breif synopsis on it, without giving anything away, and said that she might like it, since she seemed to like that kinda stuff.

Fast forward a year, and we're at the next family get-together. She comes up to me and state that I have simply managed to utterly ruin her emotional life by introducing her to this comic. Thus we spent the evening nattering about the comic in great detail.

It was so... incredibly dweeby and yet strangely hilarious

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Bobulus posted:

On an unrelated topic, Homestuck has just given me a great moment of culture shock:

Found a new liveblog, reading through it. All is normal. Get to Rose entering the game and the reader does an audio react. And it's some young girl from a non-English speaking country. Maybe Japanese? She apologizes for her English. And then proceeds to make all these meme-y references.

I don't think I was ready to know that "Like a boss" and "Gotta go fast" had reached across the ocean.

So... what's the liveblog?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Pretty darn unsubtle the way the mature Cherub's wings look almost exactly like the hope icon.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Going back to the earlier update with Jade encountering Calliope - could it be that instead of the 'Wizard' giving the gifts to the traveller, it's the traveller who gives the gifts to the wizard? After all, Jade has followed the yellow brick road to the spiral, not the other way around, and it doesn;t seem like Callie could give anything to her, but Jade could do a lot of things for Callie...

Oh yeah, it just occurred to me, and made me feel like an idiot that it TOOK me this long for it to click, but I finally realised why Calliope and Caliborn are both obsessed in their way with relationships.

Because they're both cupids

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So, does anyone know when the new HStuck and PS books are going to be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I guess I would add that there have been a hell of a lot more successful/popular things in media than Homestuck that are MORE racist than Homestuck - I suppose I am not in the best position to dictate whether or not Homestuck is DISTINCTLY racist; I mean, I hadn't noticed the fact John called babies 'pink wrigglers' or Dave's Bro being described as being white, so I hadn't really ever pictured the kids as being white myself... Though I can't say I like the first draft of the Trickster mode.

Other than that, I would say Homestuck is exemplary