Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
^^Those fit too well.

I don't think I'll be able to get a wink of sleep until this update is posted. :v:

Do we have any idea what the exiles are planning? Why are they blowing everything up?

tinaun fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Oh what. Is there a link to this?

http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/album/jailbreak-vol-1

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Andrew Hussie posted:

edit: Torrenting, megadownloading, etc are in reserve as last resort plans. It would be more ideal to find a way to run on site though. We’ll see.

That's good to know. Hope we will see it before the last possible second of 10/25.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
He used the red miles on the universe itself (Bilious Slick). The red miles you see is the universe being destroyed.

E:f,b

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Oxyclean posted:

Secretly Problem Sleuth was actually a prototype of Sburb or some world that got mutated into this self-perpetuating game.

My theory is that the pink moon of alternia is Problem Sleuth's "Imaginary" world, the little pink moon is the four kingdoms, and the green moon is the "real" world.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
DOC SCRATCH IS LORD ENGLISH!!!!!!

And a clown?

Edit: He backdated it to Halloween. huh.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 2, 2011

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
To further the parallels between sessions, her dad may hate all that Betty Crocker stands for, and want her to live a normal life in the 'burbs instead of siding with the batterwitch.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Wow, the first really useful fetch modus. I'd bet it'll come in handy later.

quote:

In public, you and your DAD made quite the pair. Everyone could tell by a glance that you were your father's daughter, sired from his loins directly and genetically, through what was undoubtedly a natural process of human procreation involving a man and a woman. People would definitely nod and say, "Yep, that little lady sure did emerge from a womb on account of that gentleman's awesome virility."

Hussie, you tease.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
One page update, pretty much confirms that her dad is Dad.

Also,

quote:

Since then, the author has been steadily updating PROBLEM SLEUTH 2, which you have been following avidly. You are happy that he stayed in that lane, and stuck with a time-tested formula. If he went in a different direction, you probably would have found it really disappointing.
:allears:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
this can't be good

:ohdear:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I think that Strider called Jake a "space furry", instead of the other way around.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Is it the green sun? Please let it be the green sun.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
UU you tease!

quote:

UU: it is in the way my race propagates. oUr ancestors precede Us by millenia.

95% sure uu is a troll, 50% that she is from the pre-scratch session.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Jake what are you wearing.

:gonk:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
What if the entirety of act 6 turns out to be a huge advertisement for the new episodes of Arrested Development.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Poppop just lost an arm. :ohdear: Is this preparations for poppopsprite?

Edit: I assume all prototypings will be mirrored in this universe, like the sburb logo was.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Jake look behind you!

quote:

TG: what do you want for ur wigglin day
GT: Im not really abreast of the raddest jargon that the cool kids toss about these days.

Troll slang?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Waffnuffly posted:

People read Homestuck because it's long, complex, has great characters and character interactions, and has cool art and flashes and amazing music. The story is called Homestuck because the characters literally never leave their houses. At all. I mean not ever.

We start out with John in his room. He talks to his friends via chatlogs, because none of the characters in this story speak a single word. They literally talk solely through their computers in their homes (don't worry, we DO get to see out their windows sometimes).

Things start to happen. We meet other characters, see their houses, and get some of their personality. Rose and Dave, for instance. They live in totally different places, so even if they did leave home, they would never be able to reach each other in person in any practical way. So chat it is.

Conflict stirs. John has to go downstairs to get a game, but his dad is baking things. Baking. Isn't this enough for you? There's a loving guy cooking stuff in the god damned story, you should be strapped to your loving chair going "more more more" already. But it gets better. John fights his dad in this weird sort of way, then gets the game and goes back upstairs. Because, you know, never leaves the house.

The story has thousands of pages, tens of thousands of words, and all of it takes place from the homes of kids. That's basically why people read Homestuck; it simulates real life almost 100%.

This is the most accurate depiction of Homestuck that I have ever seen. Captures everything in the comic perfectly.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
And just like that, the doodled copies are all sold out.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Something I noticed in this recent update:

Yeah that's a meteor alright, hope they start quickly. :ohdear:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Mortal Sword posted:

I'm glad I finally caught up with the thread today, since I didn't even realize the book was available yet. Hopefully folks'll like how I translated it to print.

Act 1 came out to 155 pages of story, and it's been the shortest so far by over 100 pages.

What part of act 2 would book 2 cover?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Hearing conversations like this, I cannot decide whether Homestuck is the most brilliant work ever, or completly idiotic.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I think that the mailbox was not rigged at all. Here, we see Jane take the smoke pellets and unknown red pellets with her. The "fire" then produced is that exact shade of red, implying that those are some sort of fire pellet. Jane is just good at pranks, and wants her dad to be distracted.

E: All you guys getting your books is making me a little nervous, mine hasen't even shipped yet. :ohdear:

tinaun fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 9, 2011

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Made some hussiebot avs for those interested:

Edit: It's 125x125 isn't it. :negative:

E2: Fixed.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 11, 2011

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, it looks a bit Skaia-y. Is the helicopter blade supposed to represent one of the defense portals?

It was mentioned about 2000 pages ago now that Davesprite is writing sbahj now. It could represent how John was tricked in much the same way that charlie brown was, and went through the portal to his demise. Man Davesprite needs some companionship, he's getting pretty dark.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
What was the story behind that one anyway? I see people with avatars of that, were they given them by someone?

Edit: vvvvv Thanks, but why?

tinaun fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 15, 2011

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
With the untimly death of Sweet Bro, I give you Hella Jeff.

:smith:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Edit: vvv For some reason that reminds me, didn't someone make an animation where everyone went to a rave party together. What ever happened to that?

You mean this?

[S]Everyone: Have Sweet Rave Party

E:f,b.

And yeah, promstuck was posted in the PYF thread a while back, it's not half bad for what it is.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 16, 2011

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Gamzee's stare at Dave is getting a little creepy there.

fake edit:

I believe this is relevant.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
The best.

Anyway, another avatar up for grabs:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Here are some:

tinaun fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 30, 2011

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Jane's fondly regarding creation.

What could it be?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
edit: wrong thread

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

quote:

You say will you shut up about the hats. He says it's probably because she wears the most grand and luxurious fluffy hat he's ever seen. You say you don't think that's a hat. You think it's something called "hair." He says oh.

Could The Empress be the new Black Queen too? :ohdear:

E: f,b But I have a quote. :colbert:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Cat Guardian = Vodka Mutini + BARK code ???

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Let's get that page out of our heads with a new update.

Man Dad looks pissed off.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Well Manicured Man posted:

(click it!)

SUBMIT THIS. NOW.

This is absolutely incredible.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
We'll that's just a good reason as any to not run the program. Was the explosion in the file, or did Ro-- add it?

Another 84 pages today hussie!

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Loden Taylor posted:

I'm kind of hoping for something completely stupid like Difk or Dign or Dipl.

This will be his name.

Here's hoping for another "choose your own path" with all four in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

closeted republican posted:

That's not to say I don't love Homestuck's characters, plot and the like; it's just that I don't pretend it's perfect like I've seen some fans suggest.

This whole thing really emphasized, to me, just how much of a rough draft Homestuck is, and how much the story has changed in these three years.

edit:

Terror Sweat posted:

Maybe learn how to write non-white people.

While all the characters are different, they are all based on part of Hussie's personality, or him exaggerating internet stereotypes. He really doesn't know how to write people that are not one-note or part of him.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 17, 2012