Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Saradiart posted:

Speaking of avatars, does anyone want to make a Calmasis avatar so I can be the greatest of animes?

Take your pick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bongo Bill posted:

Whose selves? My memory is spotty. It might be that it turned out differently for the Prospit dreamers than the Derse dreamers.

Start here for the story of Jane and Jake in the B1 timeline.

Edit: Update! And Roxy is about to send a cat through a fourth wall.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 26, 2012

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

YggiDee posted:

I only just now caught the connection between Roxy's fetch modus and Rose's cruxite object.
Also two singles by The Police, Roxanne and Message In A Bottle.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Lady of the Beech posted:

I think Maid and Bard might be paired up since Aradia's planet is the Land of Quartz and Melody.

That might just be grabbing at strings though.

For Page/Knight/Heir/Prince/Maid/Bard, I like:

Page/Maid - Both thief and rouge are both focused on being sneaky/stealing there element. Similarly, both page and maid are subservient classes, bound by their element, in contrast to classes like heir. Page, to me, feels more like a voyage of self-discovery (active), while maid is focused on, in Aradia's case, tying up loose ends and fixing the messes of other players.

Heir/Prince - Both "royalty" classes, often get their powers easily or expected to have total dominion over them. Heirs are pages that do not have to work for it, and are very focused on self, while successful princes (i.e. not Eridan) should focus their powers on helping and leading others around them.

Knight/Bard - Probably the weakest pair association, I like Knight/Bard because of their roles in the classic fantasy band of heroes, the knight fighting while the bard providing moral support. but the way they treat their class and/or how the class treats them are very different.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I really want to do something like this. Count me in whenever we decide on a concrete plan.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Hey, have the candy corn in the site navigation bars always been there? I just noticed them.

They have been there a while

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bongo Bill posted:

The practice predates Homestuck. Though this is unique in that it's become popular since Homestuck began, unlike the others.

Being aware of a community of readers is one of the very gratifying things about MSPA, I think. So I say, bless you, Luckyellow, and all readers like you, who fall for things like this.

Luckyellow has been saying homestuck sucks and he is leaving the comic for almost 2 years now, since descend. He'll be back.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Paul.Power posted:

Thoughts?

I think I like this more than beatdown. :shobon:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Paul.Power posted:

High praise indeed :). I'm trying to make a v2.1 that rebalances the volume levels a little, but for some reason FL Studio doesn't want to export at the moment. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. A couple of notes: it's a bit slower than the original, and a semitone lower, chiefly because I'm a scrub who works in A minor or C major whenever he can. Happily I think these thing gives the piece a more menacing air.

You should submit this if you hadn't already. My favorite part has to be that middle section with the second melody, love all the sounds you used.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
If these are what Dirk-Autoresponder conversations are like, I cannot wait until they meet Dave.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

2fat4sex posted:

Around a year or so ago after the tsunami hit Japan, Andrew offered sketches for $100, with the proceeds going directly to tsunami relief. I requested a God-Tier Gamzee sketch.

Paypal eventually caught wind of this, and I guess fundraising that way is against some policy of theirs so he was forced to refund everyone. I ended up sending the $100 I gave him to the Japanese Red Cross, and let go of any expectation that I would ever see the sketch since Andrew was no longer under any obligations to send one to me.

Then, I ended up getting this in the mail today:

http://i.imgur.com/w2pKQ.jpg

:drat:

Treasure that forever, you should get it framed.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Man, I loved that dirk/jake strife (so jake does have square eyes?). Though with all the callbacks I was worried that a certain other scene would be redrawn, based on some of dirk's words.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Aw man, plushrump.com doesn't work anymore! :(

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Factory Factory posted:

Is anybody keeping track of the current unanswered questions? There's been such an information dump lately and so many plot points revealed at the change of act that I'm not sure what old unanswered questions are still outstanding.

I think the only things still remaining from pre-act 6 are the true purposes of the denizens, (though i have a feeling it will be answered next intermission) and how exactly Grandpa Harley got into the medium.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

of bees posted:

Fandom sure is fast guys.

There was at least 144 pieces of fanart posted within 12 hours of the update. :pwn:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Saradiart posted:

I really can't stand how he's starting to use such a thick outline outside of sprite modes.

I hate change apparently.

Starting?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

This version looks perfect actually.

I kind of want it.

Keep the text, use the avatar.

(P.S. what happened?)

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bobulus posted:

So are there any more good 'Homestuck readthrough' blogs?

So I Am Reading Homestuck is a nice one.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Dirk's tv is showing Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff and MLP cosplayers, holy gently caress.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Ooh this is getting exciting now.

And apparently uu can't stop making callbacks.

Edit: this is great.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 3, 2012

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

dumb brunette posted:

Probably another break. Possibly a flash if we're lucky.

This is a callback to this panel, so I'm thinking a [s] Jane:enter is on the way, which will be awesome.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/scratched-fanmusic-album

This link worked for about a minute. All I know is that Witching Hour, the condence song, is on there.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Radiation posted a summary of all of the stuff he has done and has to do for the album, and it looks like there's a fair amount still to do: http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/19146139129. So maybe someone was just doing the preliminary setup on bandcamp, and accidentally made it public briefly?

Yeah, when I saw it, it had only 20 or so songs on it, and was pay what you want. Must have been an accidental slip. Anyway, I am very excited for this intermisson, and hope we get another update tonight.

And is it just me, or has Hussie been taking longer then normal to write pesterlogs?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
What if the timeline where gamzee goes insane early and kills everybody leads to all of the god tiers we are seeing?

tinaun fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 13, 2012

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Hey! Want a shirt with a hat on it? Of course you do! (alpha kids shirts)

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
The guy who worked with hussie did a prequel-of-sorts to And It Don't Stop

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I knew hussie kept mentioning that in the book for a reason.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Now that's a callback!

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Tollymain posted:

Best explanation I've seen yet. The sheer length (and the undoubtable necessity for it thereof) is pretty hilarious :v:

Man, that tumblr is amazingly good at creating the most crazy theories.

Oh, and have this graph of homestuck updates by time of day:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Hussie-death fakeout on april fools day?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
You know that french fan-translation of homestuck?

Well...

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Here's an english "translation". (warning mspaforums)

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Snollygoster posted:

You can tell he's having all kinds of fun drawing Lord English in this sequence.

All of these panels are avatar-worthy.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Eox posted:

The guy who originally invented the Midnight Crew made a horrible 'canon' Felt adventure, in which Die called his doll Humphrey.

I think the pendant seen here is also a reference to that.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bobulus posted:

Ranking, best to worst of what I've found so far:
- Precison F-Strike
- ImReadingThisHomestuckThing
- ReadingHomestuck
- DiscoveringWebcomics
- WTF Is This Homestuck Thing
- DiscoveringHomestuck

you can add so-i-am-reading-homestuck to that list.

While he doesn't liveblog every page, i think this guy does the best flash reactions.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Well Manicured Man posted:

Maybe I can't objectively judge the two albums in comparison to each other because my songs only appeared on the first album, but I really do prefer Album B despite only being about a third of the way through it so far. Maybe it's just that it's easier to enjoy listening to Album B since I don't have to worry about one of my songs coming on and pulling me out of the listening experience, but also Album B just sounds more Homestuck-ish to me than Album A does from a stylistic point of view. Like, the genres and styles have the same eclectic range as the music team. Album B sounds almost like it could be Homestuck Volume 9 in a way Album A doesn't.

Definitely. Almost all of the Universe A songs, especially the ancestors, had a weird faux-orchestral feel that I couldn't really get into, and most of the songs sort of blended together to me. (No offense WellManicuredMan.) Most of the universe B songs feel much more unique, and there are much more that stand up as there own musically. The only part of B I didn't really like was the beginning, oddly enough. The first song that struck out was Blue Atom, and the album didn't get amazing until the last section.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
This may be the coolest interactive flash yet.

fake edit: I hear vocals hidden in the music

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Cleretic posted:

I haven't seen the actual update for obvious reasons, but the pages after the flash look to have... interesting titles. Just "--" instead of "==>"

They are pesterlogs within the update.

So many things to learn:

Land of Crypts and Helium, with other three being LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX (probably jake)
Jane's consorts have been dead for millions of years.
All B2 kids dreamselves are going to die?! :ohdear:

tinaun fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 14, 2012

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

thanks alot assbag posted:

So what's the official 'end' to the flash? Hoisting the lights up, pretty much?

Explore everywhere, it's much longer than that.

Try to get a companion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
ignore this.