Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I'm gonna celebrate with a rereading and some whiskey on my day off (Monday), so that I am fully prepared and rehyped for EoA 5. The hiatus has really strained my give a gently caress, but hopefully I'll be rekindled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Well Manicured Man posted:

some fans want to see their favorite dead trolls alive again.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Well, I haven't bought an album before but today I bought three.
Frog Forager sounds like it's straight out of Animal Crossing.
I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't S U C K E R S or everyone getting god tier. Scratch DEFINITELY confirmed for best character.
Does Dave going god mean that he also merged with Dave Sprite? Because we don't see the change we do with Jade.

Edit:

Renaissance Robot posted:

S U C K E R S.
There's no way that's not important. But does that mean The lying Scratch was the girl?

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 25, 2011

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Dolash posted:

Oh, and PM dragging WV's corpse with her is going to be relevant some how. Maybe... taking Jack's ring and putting it on him will bring him back to life? Maybe something else will? It seems odd she brought the corpse with her if it's not going to serve some sort of purpose.
It's calling back to when beta-jack teleported to Vriska with Karkat and Terezi in tow.
Fake edit: Are we still spoiling or is it assumed that we can talk freely

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Dolash posted:

But can I say the death that surprised me most in the flash was Spades Slick's? I get that Snowman was ready to die since dying to inaugurate the end of the universe was sort of the deal she struck with Doc Scratch, but what possible reason did Spades Slick have for suicide by universe?

He really doesn't like Snowman. They aren't good friends, so he shot her.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Dolash posted:

Yeah, but we clearly saw in the intermission that he knew that shooting her would end the universe and that he therefore wouldn't shoot her when he had the chance.

What's changed? Because if he doesn't do it, Scratch will kill him? Because he's tired of going on? Just because? He's not really a huge character or anything but it'd be nice to get some sense of why he did what he did and what significance it had.

What's his motivation not to other than living? All his friends crew is dead, he killed all the felt, the mystery of Lord English's vault was solved, and he broke all the clocks. The only loose end is to kill the bitch who's been lording over him his whole life and who took his arm and eye.

And gently caress Snowman

edit: shut up the intermission was the best part

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

dumb brunette posted:

Considering that the glitch in the original troll session was that they never ectobiology-cloned themselves and that's Lord English's calling card.

Oh what, how did I miss that? Wasn't karkat COVERED in wrigglers?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

standard owl posted:

J does love getting into fisticuffs and scrums and whatnot.

It sounds like a clockwork orange. The best scratch

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Valex posted:

Was Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff confirmed to be in the universe? If anything I'd expect Cool Dude and Stoner Lou to be the hot thing

Did you miss the movie with Ben Stiller and that one guy?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Guys why does Mom have Dave's abbreviation? [TG] as opposed to [TT]? I mean, Dave and Rose are brother and sister right? Could that mean that they got genetically swapped guardians? Like mom ia actually bro and bro is mom? :tinfoil:
Fake edit: this is the dumbest thing I have ever REAL EDIT: posted

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Chunky12345 posted:

Here's the one from the last thread.

I don't feel like rebuilding that post, so I'm not going to try and update it anymore.

I want to take this one but I can't thing of a clever or witty tag to go with it

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Mince Pieface posted:

Hello thread! I recently read through Homestuck and now I'm following along.
Anyway, in regards to the post-scratch kids 'paving the way for the gods' I think the implication is that the 'gods' are the surviving post-scratch trolls. Karcat repeatedly mentions that they are gods to the kids' universe by virtue of creating it, and it would make perfect sense as something the post-scratch kids could do.

I thought it just meant the God tier kids but you got a point there. That'd be a pretty decent psyche-out assuming those survived the scratch. Might be that EVERYONE gets in but I think its a given that the kids are in.
Edit: mobile bullshit

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 21, 2011

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Zoolooman posted:

There's only been one character who was secretly evil (Gamzee), and that was his gimmick. There's never been another solid reason to believe that anyone else was secretly evil.

Well, what about Scratch? I would count him.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

DupaDupa posted:

What exactly did he do again?
He revealed to Dave that he is responsible for the writing on their dream walls, which leads to John's fear of harlequins, which lead to the first prototyping, and possibly roses MEOW dream wall code and the final prototyping with Bec.
It might be his bard of rage powers or by virtue of his being a descendant of a subjugulator.
Edit: in hindsight I might be completely wrong

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 21, 2011

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Regy Rusty posted:

TT: Maybe he should just rip his heart out of his chest and pound it into green gravel there in the jungle with his hella strong robot arm.

So, Jake was given an Aradiabot?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I feel like I got rewarded for taking a shift on my day off :unsmith:
I even get a little doodle, I hope I get Spades Slick he's my favorite :allears:
In all seriousness, I'm very curious as to how it'll all look and compare. I'm mostly excited for the author notes, but I've always been that rear end in a top hat who watches the commentary.
edit: late on the shipping cost bus, but is it just because it's Christmas time or what? That would make sense, but drat was that a hefty sum (so worth it).

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 3, 2011

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Unlucky7 posted:

What is a 4 letter name that starts with a D that isn't Dave? Dane?

Dick.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Citizen Rat posted:

Well gently caress. Just when I thought there might actually be a few troll survivors.

Well, this was a callback to Beta-Vriska's fight with Jack, so it does fit. And keep in mind that he fought ONE God tier to a stand still, not two and a bunch of highlevel kids.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Walliard posted:

I was watching the art team thread when this was first suggested as a wallpaper. I couldn't imagine it not being awesome.

:smith:

If you photoshop it a little it becomes a nice LoHaC wallpaper

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

David Copperfield posted:

Between mastery of space, time, wind, and ??? I don't see how they can't make the 3 years pass in an instant if all the God Tiers are together.

Yeah, I really doubt the 3 year thing won't be shenaniganned away. Five Godtiers, a gaggle of high level trolls and a ringed pm and possibly a ringed vg?
It does crank the tension up quite a bit, but it'd be a good example of the kind of poo poo they would have to deal with with fighting LE.
Edit: gently caress this phone

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 16, 2011

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

MrBims posted:

The most magical trip to Denny's

That's the most whimsical thing I've read in a while. It's like he's the Willy Wonka of webcomics.

Andrew Hussy posted:

We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams.
I am almost certain he said that.
Edit: gently caress this lovely phone

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 18, 2011

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Mr. Pumroy posted:

More corpses for the corpse party.

I guess it would be a just death, in a really pushing it way.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Hyedum posted:

Kanaya was awfully silent for that dialoglog

Well she is a vampire. When was the last time she fed? :ohdear:
Wait, what did her biting Terezi do anyway? Or was that a beta timeline? :psyduck:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

dog ears
anime
sexy

They are 13 year olds who's only interaction with people their own age is the internet.
Weeaboos.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Krinkle posted:

these loaded phrases cause karkat to vomit... into the bucket? Dave assumes he is waxing pitch for john, "no no no, that's not how we fill " cut off again by another torrent of uncontrollable vomit

Or that could not happen. I'd be very happy if it didn't.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Level Slide posted:

Feferi could fill Jane in on what a Life god tier does and how her mom is Jane's grandmother.

Because she did a good job of getting to God Tier and helping Jade with her witching. I don't think it will be anybody but Jack (or PM or WV)

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Roger Explosion posted:

I wager she will lob WV into her own self-portal.

More corpses for the corpse party :downs:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

YggiDee posted:

Maybe the Trolls and their final-boss-crushing video game powers could help him out.

They sequence broke and powergamed their way to their king fight though and Jack did a pretty decent job of killing them all already.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I'm looking forward to well manicured man's submission. Hopefully we get to see some goon music amidst the millions of PBXJ anime remixes.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Midnight Raider posted:

You mean Equius levels of awesome.

I wonder if it means something when the robot obsessed player of heart isn't the robot obsessed player to build a robot heart.
Fake edit: so far anyways

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I think Dirk implied that Alpha-Dave is dead too :(

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Seeing Cal sit still is kinda unnerving. Ia this the first time we've seem him perfectly still?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Maid.

She's a Handmaiden.

I think she might be THE handmaiden :tinfoil:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

snucks posted:

I've been assuming this since UU's introduction. Hussie isn't just going to introduce the handmaiden and do nothing with her, and this seems like the only way she can be incorporated into the story.

Troll: Check
Girl: Check
Probably a Maid (assumably one of two female-exclusive classes, along with Witch): Check
Probably Evil (or at least supposed to be): Heckacheck

I've been in the same boat. It doesn't help she has the same views on lying as her pops Scratch.
Edit: pops?

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 29, 2012

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Valex posted:

I really don't like that quiz. Not only because it incorporates non-canon stuff (edges too close to "MY FANTROLL" territory for me to be comfortable with it) but it's really confusing to follow, and loving long to boot

Like I'm the Monk of Keys. What even is that? Using my second-highest scores for everything I get the Sylph of Mind, which I'm okay with I guess

Counter-argument: I got Bane Of Hate :black101:
KERNEL SPRITE I WILL BREAK YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

snucks posted:

is it just me or does gamzee look especially like IRL hussie in that picture?
Telling how you equate the author with the murder crazed character.
Edit:^ I'm a little lost on what you mean by "taking the love from the abusive relationships" but I think I get what you mean. Still, I don't think Nepeta would be the best character to delegate romance.

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 30, 2012

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Sburb RP

Sent you an email.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
First there's the albino wizard chess master(mistress?) Playing without a king, and now we have a pawn in the pooper. B2 has is gonna have s weird battlefield.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
So does that mean that the prescratch troll session is happening during the post scratch kid session or am I reading it wrong?
Fake edit: probably not enough information to really not sound dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Edit: I need some loving rest
Vvvvvv there's no way that there won't be

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 19, 2012