Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Cat Mattress posted:

The "universe" encompasses all timelines; this is why Alpha Earth got the same red miles as Beta Earth.

I thought Diamonds Droog hit one and Bec Jack Noir the other ... actually I'm not sure how DD's red miles got anywhere, there isn't a bilious slick for the red miles to pierce in the alpha kids' game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Karkat described his denizen as a 'nightmare' when he fought him, when talking to Jade and Kanaya about denizens and The Choice and frog breeding somewhere in the hundred panels or so before Cascade.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Is there a theory out there yet for the last unprototyped sprite to be used to recombine Caliborn/LE and Calliope for another tavrispritesplosion take-down?

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Nonbaka posted:

Is this somebody's denizen it should be somebody's denizen.

Yaldahearst

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Well, they're from Roxy's sprite, and Roxy is associated with them. It's the commutative property of thematic inheritance.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
He ranted some pretty cruel things at Dave Sprite after a birthday prank.

edit: starting here

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Maybe derived from "the social lubricant". I wasn't making the connection either.

You can remove the retcon bit at the end of the image URL to see the original, the whole pendant is visible.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I kind of like how Cherubim is cohesive.

The "Adventure" remix of Jade's strife theme (used for Jane's 'Enter') is something I hit the player bar back to several times in a row.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I think the grist hoards were in the cores of the planet, so the rigs probably have a pipe down through the houses to get to it, and then spew it into Skaia.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Glazius posted:

No, he was looking at the phernalia, the basic game interface objects like alchemiters and such. The cloning pad, the last thing we've seen any of the kids unlock, is on the left of it. So there's a step between frogs and the grist rig.

Well, it's not like there's a straight line to the core under the houses. The grist rig is probably a cap for whatever the drill does -- if that's the case it's already been deployed.

edit - never mind, I went back and looked at it and it's got a popomatic top or something and does look like the doomsday/PS thingy.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Toxxupation posted:

those first three acts are really tough to get through a second time, i'm up to rose confronting her mom in her house and it's been fairly tedious

i loved this sylladex shenanigans the first time through but man oh man it doesn't hold up on a reread

I found it funnier the 2nd and 3rd time around. I think the passive-aggressive battle on the refrigerator is one of the funniest things in the comic.

Rereading is easier for me since I'm not in a rush to find out what happens or why what happened.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm asking as a favor: Could people not take the Lord English ones? I like reading this thread a lot, and the Lord English ones are migraine-provoking even out of the corner of my eye. Most flashy icons I can look past, but those LE ones aren't ignorable for some reason. You have every right to pick any icon that pleases you; this is a favor, and I'm not going to think you're a bad person if LE is your bag. Ignore; my adblocker solved the problem. Whew!

See if your browser has a setting or plugin that does stuff like this one for Firefox -- that way you won't have to worry about new unblocked images:

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Dolash posted:

Wait, is Jane dead? She got choked hard by the Condesce and wasn't celebrating her defeat at the end.

Watch, she probably is. And John seeing Dad heartbroken over her makes him go back and retcon the fight, and hussie takes down the old youtube video and uploads a new one, and however many of the 40 pages were posted get updated. Maybe he retcons the fight more than once and Hussie keeps uploading different versions to replace the old one. Only the final version is uploaded as a flash to mspa.com.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I feel the same way. It's like I'm going up a big hill on a roller coaster, and I have no idea if I'm in for an exciting ride or if the track is broken and I'm about to fall to my death.

At the top of the hill is the exit platform, and you're directed to disembark.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I thought it was amazing.

It's not very hard to tie the threads together -- it's not open ended, the framework was throughout the comic. The glitch and juju being English's end, from the first intermission and the last acts.

The kids populate the new universe. Some of those worlds are wiped out by Caliborn's dad. Caliborn contaminates sburb, which exists in its own stable time loop, leading to the Alternian (blue) session, the Beta/Alpha session (red/green), and the final combined session (white), linked up somehow by Muse of Space Calliope's three orbs that generate the singularity that consumed her and the green sun.

Some mechanics aren't clear, but the broad strokes work fine for me.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I'm still perfectly fine with the ending, and have gotten even more so.

Hussie called homestuck a puzzle, and even its ending is only the last piece. Some other guys figured out how it all fits together which is why I think it did end the only way it could have -- the kids leaving the narrative and escaping from Lord English as the very last possible thing that can happen (via the House juju, which represents the Homestuck narrative).

The only fault I find with Act 7 is Jade had the wrong number of teeth.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
We're assuming this isn't a continuation of the Jane/Roxy story.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Act Omega ups its game again today.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I wasn't paying attention to what thread I was reading and thought, "those last two look like ... wait."

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Plom Bar posted:

"Clean" being a somewhat relative qualifier.

Not really, there's not a single jpeg artifact or overwrite.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Color Printer posted:

cherubs were neat but they could have been neater if any of the worldbuilding around them mattered in the slightest

That whole spiel was there to set up the alternate calliope. That's it.

A lot of what isn't shown at the end of the comic is because it was already shown before, like caliborn's masterpiece. Alt calliope and lord english are calliope and caliborn's parents. Those two are the only two cherubs to ever exist.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
The Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff book arrived today.

After I described some background and pointed out the features (such as the single-page index about 1/3 through the book that helpfully lists bad pages) (and also the latter 2/3 of the book are blank so they can act as a spoon holder), she asked me why I bought it. I didn't give her an answer because I couldn't formulate one that could be understood by a rational being.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
In the first page after Dirk reveals himself as narrator, there's a point where he talks about his growing omniscience and how Roxy is a blind spot. I'm not trying to rescue the Dirk character, but I'm starting to think that a side effect of him becoming ultimate and assimilating all his alternate selfs is that one of those selfs is Doc Scratch, and that's what tainted him wholly over to villainy. That paragraph is easily readable in that voice.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I'd agree if I could think of an instance of Dirk being weird towards Rose like Scratch was, before the epilogues.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
The derision with which he treats the page content in the most recent book (specifically the 150 pages for the first troll meteor game, which is the part I've got through so far) didn't occur to me until now that he'd probably only be that sarcastic about his own work / choices. He writes as though someone else handled the screenshotting.

It was a little disappointing that a wider variety of animation frames for the chat sprites wasn't captured.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I think candy is designed to be a take off of poorly conceived sitcoms. The kids just having hijinks against the backdrop of war, genocide, and sexual abuse.

Like that sitcom about Hitler and his Jewish neighbors that got canceled during its premier episode.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
A house of four quarters, you say?

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
The twist being off-camera mentioned in a single Prose sentence will take the wind out of the sails of the twist.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Arsenic Lupin posted:

ARADIA: even in death the bodies do not decay
ARADIA: only lay dormant

A.k.a. Dirk's head and body are still lying there in a tidy box in the Candy universe.

John's too.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Yeah, but meat-John's corpse might be more relevant than candy-Dave's, since Dave's corpse is more akin to those left behind on the quest beds.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Homestuck2.com, and bookmark the "log" link at the top. I can't remember how I used to get to the latest unread page before, I think I just replaced my bookmark each time with the last page I read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I don't trust cookies to persist long enough for it to be usable for me, with all these privacy and security settings I run with.