Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Gally posted:

I'm 30 and I loving love Gushers. They know no age bound.

Gushers are gross gummy poo poo that adhere to your teeth like glue and their juice is a slick grease that tastes no different from the gummy part, so the only thing it contributes is an unpleasant cold texture like you're chewing on a slug and its innards burst open.

If you want to go for a classic General Mills/Betty Crocker kid snack you really can't go wrong with Fruit Roll-Ups. Those things own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Seoinin posted:

LET ME TELL YOU MY OPINIONS W/R/T THE OPTIMAL HFCS DELIVERY VECTOR

Whoa there, I think you will find that if you read the box covers of these fine snacks you will realize that they are made with real fruit. Honestly we should be feeding them to kids basically all the time.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

You ignorant fools. Shark Bites! What flavor were those white ones supposed to be, anyway?

They taste exactly like great white sharks. It's why shark fin soup is such a delicacy in Asia. Like a big bowl of fruity sugary candy.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm guessing that the Empress is still, somehow, Betty Crocker. Or that trolls are somehow involved in the baking empire, given that Jane's talking about being SURROUNDED BY JOKERS :gonk:

Also 2X3PRONGDAY sounds like a reference to the Empress, assuming she keeps the same weapon that Feferi did.

Evil Mastermind posted:

e: Is that Mike Nelson as Indiana Jones over on the right there?

That's legendary comic, night judge and magician Harry Anderson you better recognize. And he is clearly James Bond in that picture. At least I think it is, by how he holds his gun in that totally dainty way.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 11, 2011

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

YF-23 posted:

It does seem pretty weird that sburb would be a 1-player game in this universe. But perhaps like the trolls were mislead to believe they'd head two different sessions, Jane is being mislead to believe she'll be the only player, while all the other kid ancestors get their hands on the very same copy thanks to Weird Time poo poo.

Or maybe Hussie's going to pull a carpet under our feet and it will turn out that this sburb is just a game.

It says she was the only one of her kind invited to test Sburb and the Crocker business is described as a CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE so maybe she is just the only human among a sea of aliens who happens to be testing Sburb. All her human friends will either be too cool, ironic, or into fisticuffs to care about videogames.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

YF-23 posted:

I dunno, I don't really think the Earth's now inhabited by both humans and trolls.

Well I didn't say that, because it would be silly and sound like something that would come out of a fanfiction of Homestuck. I'm just saying, 1) it says she's the only one of her KIND in the alpha test and 2) Betty Crocker apparently is an interplanetary corporation so there's the possibility that there are offscreen aliens participating in the test. I doubt we'd see anything about those aliens, just like we never learned anything about the aliens the trolls conquered back in their old dead universe.

I'm betting this whole section is going to hit the fast forward button until we get to the parts that advance the overall story rather than get bogged down in the details of what's different about this alternate Earth.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

sansuki posted:

NO. How in the hell do you have three buck teeth?!?

John... was not a very good ectobiologist.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

It'll never happen but it would be pretty funny if, in the course of what's coming up, someone does manage to get the matriorb back somehow and then turns around and uses it to make a hat.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

That Hetalia banner is really bugging me with its subtitle and tagline.

"AXIS POWERS"
"PAINT IT. WHITE!"
:stare:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm hoping Bro's bunny was some horrific amalgamation of Cal and the bunny. Or some appalling plush rump bunny. Oh my god, he could very well be the most hosed up kid unless he has the irony skills to pull something like that off.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

rokkit posted:

So, is Bro's 'bunny' going to be Cal, or a smuppet? Because neither of those are 'innocuous,' for sure...

All we know about his bunny was that it was a bit disturbing and made

from

scratch.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really want to see what's inside Game GRL.

Denise was so wasted, haha. I mean drat.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Snollygoster posted:

Is... is this what role-playing is now for teens? Why can't they just kill orcs like we had to before Deviantart and Toonami?

Go put on your wizard robe and hat and wheel yourself off to the old folks home grampa. Take your ziploc bag of D20's and poo poo with you.

(i will be there too)

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Hahaha. I'm betting this means Betty Crocker is still an evil genocidal alien tyrant. And Jane isn't just a corporate shill she is actually brainwashed.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Hmmm... if people STAY ASLEEP then their dreamselves are ALWAYS AWAKE. Maybe Betty Crocker outsources her labor to the Incipisphere where she can pay measly boonbucks to indentured dreamslaves to save money.

Brilliant really. Wouldn't be surprised if she's in the Fortune 500 every year. All 500 places.

vvv but you get to visit Mars!

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 14, 2011

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

So it sounds like the gimmicks are some kind of outrageous dialects, with Jake speaking in some kind of early 20th-century great white hunter patois, Jane an antebellum southern kind of thing and the Mom kid will be a complete headache.

I know this won't have any bearing with anything but this:

quote:

GT: It is for your grandfather simply to be *relayed* to him by my grandmother. A joint gift to him from she and i.
GG: Her and me.
Reminds me a lot of crazy Gamzee because for some reason I remember this specific phrase:

quote:

FTC: just like we are... :o)
FTC: ME AND HIM. Do:
FTC: hoooooooooooooooooonk. ;oD

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Android Blues posted:

Sending the bunny is like, the catalyst to loving everything up, so it seems like in terms of LE's long game, getting him to do this might well be part of the plan.

I thought that but it seemed like such another obvious JAKE IS WORKING FOR ENGLISH thing that I just discounted it out of hand. It'll be interesting to see how his story plays out.

There will come a point where I am so skeptical of that little bit of speculation that Lord English will be able to pat Jake on the head and honk out "good going helping me with my plan young man you were very helpful. With my plan. Lord English's plan." and I'll still say "nuh uh proves nothing."

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Jane is heiress to a multiglobal empire, so she's got license to smug it up a bit. I mean once you strip away the corporate aspects she's basically a space princess. Even then I don't really see where you get smug from. She's dealing with someone who claims to be sending a bunny to their antecedents via the past. It would be weird to me if she wasn't a bit incredulous about that.

She is a bit off though, cuz she apparently spaces out at the sight of the sky (maybe it's from being subliminally influenced by banner ads) and being outside is grounds for getting in trouble with Dad.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Gabriel Pope posted:

Maybe spacing out at the sky is related to some kind of suppressed memory of Skaia? Either from some kind of half-awake Prospit shenanigans, or leaking pre-scratch memories (Nanna did mention playing The Game in her youth somehow, so it seems likely that there's some memory leaking involved somewhere along the line.)

Could be. She definitely seems to have some hint of prophecy when she talks to Jake about her dream. The Empress might be trying to suppress her dreamself with those STAY ASLEEP messages.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

It's good to see that John was apparently that universe's Harry Anderson. While Harry Anderson became some kind of... action move star? Hey chase your dreams I guess.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Umbral Ultimatum also uses the drums from Unbreakable Union, so yeah they've definitely got some commonality.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Well Manicured Man posted:

Guy Fieri, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

I'd rather have him than Scalia.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

With pop-ups scanned directly into your brain you will never want for monkeys to punch and be the first to know about local moms who make botox doctors furious. Seems like a win-win.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

God don't post macros, PLEASE.

Is that... what are they using to adhere that poo poo to the taco shell? Is that butter?

Anyway yeah that conversation was pretty great. Definitely want to see more from her.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm really glad that Robert Blaker made a solo album, I've been waiting for one (and now I know he's released his own albums independent of HS thanks to that link posted last page) because I could tell from his track on volume 5, Valhalla, that he made the kind of music I liked, which is lots of loving percussion. And that's what Tomb of the Ancestors is. Lots of loving percussion.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I hope that, somewhere down the line, the reference to Bernie Lomax from Weekend at Bernies pays off with a new planet that uses Lomax as its contracted name. So it'd be Land of M____ and X____

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I watched Weekend at Bernies 2 as a kid and thought throughout the whole movie that Bernie was played by Burt Reynolds because he was the only man I knew in Hollywood who had facial hair and I thought that everyone in every movie who had facial hair was Burt Reynolds.

Like, Hollywood was only allowed to have one guy with a mustache at a time.

And Burt inherited his role as Hollywood's sole mustache from previous mustached star, Tom Selleck.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Strider demands a rooftop ninja fight before he can even think of helping anyone, that probably makes things problematic for Jake.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

He's clearly storing A MILLION TONS of shaving cream. For the day he becomes an adventurer. An adventurer needs to know how to maintain a handsome five o clock shadow, after all.

SynthOrange posted:

So they arent living in the 20th century either. Neat. (well, neither are we, I guess!)

When Jake says 20th century I think he's just confusing the time travel issue. That was when their grandparents were alive, so he's assuming that when he's sending the bunny to Jade he's sending it to the early 20th. He apparently has no idea that he's sending it to a doomed universe to an entirely different version of Jade. Which is why his machine eats up so much energy, but he doesn't realize that because he still thinks he's just sending it to the past of his own universe, not the past of a completely separate universe.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Jake should really get excited about that whole paving the way for gods thing. A comic buff like him would be reminded of the Silver Surfer being the herald of Galactus, and that worked out really well!

Seriously if I weren't certain she that she was referring to the kids that line would be sinister as gently caress.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm inclined to think that she's referring to the kids because she is already filling her misdirection quota by dint of her existence, which raises a whole lot of questions. We don't know her motivation yet but I'm reasonably comfortable with assuming she's referring to the four godtier kids in this instance.

I imagine that Jade and John, since they took the jump directly through the fourth wall, might end up on Earth while Rose and Dave will go directly to the new A2 session since they're navigating through outer god territory with, presumably, the trolls.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I really like Jake begging for uranium over the internet. And that Strider is in the middle of a Texas city and has uranium readily available.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

A Bloody Crowbar posted:

What's always kind of bugged me is how there is more than one universe, or rather calling them multiple universes. Isn't that impossible?

That's like, the big thing in science fiction, multiple universes. And if you're into irl science String Theory almost mandates that there be multiple universes, so as strange as an idea it might seem to you it's an idea that's very much in these days.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Argh.

My new fave ad banner is this.

Just three badly drawn faces in close up. No explanation. No compelling reason to click a link. Just some lumpy sleepy-eyed doodles.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Sockser posted:

The entire problem with the Kids' session was that they spent hours dicking around trying to make laptop-headgear and loving up. That's why they lost.

gently caress it. Worth it for the Cosbytop and earmuffs.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

It's motherfucking ~square~ ~wave~ that is incredible and the best :buddy:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

That is a terrifying picture of Cera. His grin is shaped exactly like a boomerang.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Tollymain posted:

I'm considering getting my avatar changed to this with the caption "Too anime to live, too shonen to die" underneath. But I love my seervatar. Decisions, decisions...

If it helps that looks like pixelated rear end shrunk down to avatar size. Like, I saw the image that comes from and I still don't know what that is.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh hey John.

Didn't expect to see you again so soon.

It took a while but we're finally seeing the original kids in the flesh :haw:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I have never watched Arrested Development so all this poo poo is flying over my head, thank you for explaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Well at least she told him right at the start of the big day, rather than waiting until later so some absurd contrived tragedy of missed communications can have him approaching death unawares. Now he'll see it coming head on. Much better!