Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

This is the REAL Vast Expletive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jonjonaug posted:

along with everyone above $50 getting to beta test the next Homestuck mini-game.
That should give people a reason to avoid the intersection of homestuck and tumblr, if only to avoid spoilers.

Not that there aren't already good and valid reasons to do that.

Also a second $10,000 pledge has hit the tower.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I like that the Knight of Cups is Hearts Boxcars not believing he is still stuck with this horse bullshit.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I like Kurloz because every time his face pops up it reminds me of Batman Forever, and that's a movie that really belongs at the forefront of our conscious thoughts.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

A digital copy of this dumb stupid-long comic is what I've always wanted (just the thought of how many physical books would be needed to cover the whole story makes me laugh at the very idea because laughter is the only response left in the sandblasted ruins of my mind after it tries to comprehend such a thing) and if that goal is actually going to get reached then I might up my pledge to get it. It's still a steep climb, though.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Technique posted:

So, album question here. Is Colours and Mayhem: Universe B any good? I've taken a brief listen to a few tracks on it on Bandcamp, but it really doesn't seem anywhere near as amazingly great as Universe A is. (which is really amazingly great.) Are there any standout tracks on it that i missed, or is just kind of boring?

I feel the exact opposite. I thought A was mostly dull and overwrought while B was the stronger album. I really liked the tracks for the B universe kids. Pale Rapture was great, Do The Windy Thing could have been great but I feel like it ended way too early. Phantasmic Youngsters is a joy to listen to and there are plenty of other good tracks but I'm already talking about this too much. If I had one real complaint it's that Ohgodcat around 1:30 to 2:00 really really sounds like "Angel is a Centerfold" by J. Geil's Band. Every time I hear that it just sticks out at me.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Yeah, eclectic, that's a good way to describe it. I like that B kind of meanders from fully natural sounding instruments to 8-bit sounding stuff. I was overly harsh when I called A overwrought, but I just feel like it doesn't have a lot of range. That being said there were tracks that I enjoyed. I really liked it when Hussie put Fichsia Ruler into Meena's walkaround because that one really stood out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I am pretty sure the best part of the update is all the parts that involve a gigantic purple horse dildo.

Because those were the parts directly responsible for getting a bad dragon ad on the front page.

Hahahahaha