Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Look at how badly these new kids have screwed up their game! And they haven't even installed it yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Those are some fancy-rear end level-ups. Chrome could barely handle displaying them.

Jade's symbolic representation sure is busy nowadays. John looks pretty quaint by comparison.

edit: Dave and Rose won't be getting level-ups (yet, anyway) because they aren't on the battleship!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Captain Oblivious posted:

Man Gamzee has really chilled the hell out hasn't he? Night has fallen on the land of flipping the gently caress out. Fallen like a rock.

All hail the pap and the shoosh.

It's a good thing too, or else having Dave show up out of nowhere might have made him flip the gently caress out to an impossible miraculous level.

Pre-emptively disbelieving in the existence of the inevitable fanart of this meeting devolving into a giant snog-fest.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

There is no middle ground between amazing Homestuck fanart and terrible Homestuck fanart. The dichotomy between the Quest videos and Promstuck is just further proof.

Also now I need Taco Bell for lunch.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Edit - weird double post

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

I like to believe the kids are so socially crippled by chat clients that they are speaking their emoticons aloud.

In fairness, that's about the only reasonable response to John's comment.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I don't doubt that Karkat's "missing" blood color is lime green because HS fans are obsessive enough to figure out the right RGB value. It still seems weird to me that this would leave us with one red color and three greenish colors though.

And how close is that green color to First Guardian / radiation green?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Oh wow, there they are. Thanks :downs:

Took me a while to notice em too, they blend in with the Rage symbol since they're both the same color.

Clearly Act 7 will be narrated by Godhead Andrew Hussie as symbolized by this symbolic representation of.. everything.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That actually does make sense. Homestuck sense, at least. If Jade and Jake can be inter-universe penpals, I don't see why a galaxy-conquering immortal witch can't post on another universe's lovely message board.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The Best Chatlog.

"W3 4R3 4CTU4LLY 4 LOT COOL3R TH4N TH1S! ... NO W3 AR3 NOT"

Kind of interesting to see how they will differentiate Rose and Terezi's seer powers in such a way that Terezi's aren't made redundant. From the way Rose phrased it though, does Terezi actually have the ability to control what people decide to do?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If Sollux stays behind, it'd also mean that the new session has a Hero of everything except Doom. That seems a bit odd, unless it is important that there be no Doom.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Conveniently, a bucket is exactly what Kanaya needs to gather up all the troll blood that Gamzee has been so kind as to collect for her.

I'm hoping the other trolls just no-sell the flagrantly illegal display of public indecency on Karkat's part and just get on with their business, because to me that'd make this whole sequence even more hilarious.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

When Karkat loses it, he loving loses it. In other words, in the most hilarious way possible.

Oh god zombie Nick Cage :gonk:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Right at the end there, was Jane having a having a prophetic cloud-viewing of herself having a prophetic cloud-viewing? :psyduck:

Now that you mention it, a totally un-prototyped session may be exactly what Jade is hoping for, since that would leave English stuck in a dead end while she can still produce a new universe with her tadpole. That assumes it is still alive after falling into the volcano though.

And of course Jane isn't dead. No exploding mailbox gently poofs in a cloud of black smoke for several seconds before finally catching on fire. She was just playing a cruel prank to escape from Dad (and the readers).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

YggiDee posted:

The whole problem with the slightly used Battlefield they're bringing is that it had a Tumor instead of the necessary frog-incubator.

Most of the time when a Tumor is created though, it blows up the battlefield. Since that didn't happen in this case, maybe there's a way to screw with the kids' battlefield to make it capable of hosting the frog.

Also, since I am always forgetting little details like this: where was it specifically said that the towers on Derse and Prospit had to do with prototyping?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

life_source posted:

This is still one of my favourite scenes in the whole of the comic. Jack KNOWS Dad is a huge badass, and it is only after he is invincible that he decides to take him on.

I always interpreted that as Jack feeling he owes Dad a favor for destroying the poo poo out that terrible hat. :shobon:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cyrai posted:

Now that the question time is over, I finally have a question that I'd actually like to ask. Do the characters in Homestuck hear any of the music? Normally they wouldn't, but since they're in a game themselves, I think they might actually be able to hear the music. They probably wouldn't hear their own theme songs, but they probably at least hear the battle music

It wasn't so much that the other trolls didn't like Eridan personally, you see. It was his theme music that led them to hate his guts.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I never said that I thought his music was bad. The trolls are all varying degrees of crazy after all.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well that must have been quite disconcerting for the both of them.

And clearly the meteor kids are keeping busy during their jaunt past the dream bubbles!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rhinoceraptor posted:

If we're in a dream bubble, wouldn't Nepeta's eyes be blank?

Going by the adventures of Vriska and beta-John, it might mean that Nepeta doesn't realize she's dead yet.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Roxy flirts with AR since Dirk won't flirt back with her any more? That's actually kind of sad. :smith:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gizmotinker posted:

Looks like the text colours for Dirk and his Responder are the same as Beta-Dave and Dave.

Which pretty much guarantees that AR will become AR-sprite, assuming it will even be possible to do prototyping in this messed-up session.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I love the changing expressions.

Has Jaspers ever expressed anything other than :3: before tonight?

e: I had completely forgotten what "madrigogs" was supposed to be. Good think Hussie clarified

Pretty sure Jaspers has always been the chillest cat there ever did be. And now he's about to be the flattest, thanks to that damned GCat. :(

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

creationist believer posted:

I'm pretty sure if I did that while I was drunk, I'd end up with interdimensional puke all over every plane of reality.

It is probably safe to assume that Roxy has already done this at least a few times. It's no wonder why momRose doesn't want to keep tabs (aside from being dead I mean).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gabriel Pope posted:

The very next panel is going to be the power supply getting abruptly cut off when she's halfway through :(

Being cut off mid-youth roll would probably be pretty messy. I wonder though if they're going to use that method when they eventually getting around to dealing with Lord English.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No, that is exactly how it is supposed to work. Her feet go in first on the Tavros orange portal, so they come out first on the Vriska blue portal.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

She could easily be happy by virtue of knowing that she's nearing the end of her forced servitude. Or that she's secretly planning to help the kids out while overtly manipulating them towards failure. Plus, we never really saw much of the Handmaid's personality aside from the fact that she was pretty upset about being locked up by Doc Scratch.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Doc Scratch is both the most and the least reliable of narrators. We really can't imply anything from that sequence other than what is explicitly stated. Having the Handmaiden / UU? be a cheerful, friendly character who happens to be forced into the role of a villain by fate can still easily fit what was said since there are many potential ways to gain a reputation as a monster.

Or she could be terrifyingly disturbed and just hides her sociopathy behind an affable mask. We just don't know yet.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FewtureMD posted:

The thing that gets me is that UU refers to "texts" when discussing Roxy's Void aspect, and combined with what republican posted, is that she has access to a repository of information and writings on the nature of SBURB. How in the hell does a society go about documenting a game that destroys/creates entire universes?

Probably has something to do with the GameFAQs review that Rose wrote ages ago, and ultimately set adrift in the furthest ring.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Some things prototyped in my game were:

-A gary gygax blanket
-Ninja Gaiden on NES
-A shirt from some useless redshirt from some tv show.

The imps were interesting.

They have to roll d% at the start of every fight to determine which special weapon they have, but by the time that's done they're already dead? :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Apparently it is shortened from FancySantakind, since the whole thing is too long to fit on the card. Which only makes it that much more ironic.

VVV 3x beaten combo

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Prison Warden posted:

I cant read your crazy pronunciation language, but where I live Santa and Fanta are pronounced pretty much identically.

I don't want to live in a world where Santa and Fanta are pronounced differently.

With the debut of Dirk's fetch modus, we may finally need to see a flash set to words so we can behold as he weaponizes his inventory during the sickest rap battle of all time.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I hope this was just a taste of things to come. :allears:

Just so long as Jake doesn't become good at inventory rap battles. That could be dangerous.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Lady of the Beech posted:

Speaking of, I wonder what is that giant thing that's taking up most of the space in his inventory. What the heck does he have in there, a planet?

The Green Sun, of course.

"Alright brobot, you've had your fun. Now it's time to step off, because here comes the Sun!"

This is how B2 Earth ends.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kit Walker posted:

There's pretty much no way AR isn't getting prototyped at this point.

AR will be prototyped. Then Davesprite will put it on.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

At this point I'm sure that Jane is convinced that Dirk has lost his goddamn mind. Torn between humoring him for more hilarious conversation and running away in fear lest the lunatic server player get her killed.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I want to live out the rest of my life blissfully unaware that somewhere out there, somebody has written an erotic fanfic about UU writing erotic fanfiction. Then I look at the Homestuck fandom, and my hopes are dashed.

I kind of like the thought that Dirk's role as Prince of Heart is to sink every ship, though. The coolest guy around happens to be a walking romantic apocalypse.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

bff~ath is somehow both adorable and unsettling.

Lascivious porcolating is the phrase of the day though.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Black Mage Knight posted:

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna lead to a joke about the fandom with both Dirk and Jane having a feelings jam and asking each other "Why do people want us to hook up with Jake so bad"?

UU has manipulated the history of B2 Earth from the dawn of civilization to set up these ships. Who are they to question it?

The Vast Fanfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Olivia42 posted:

Dirk's use of the word "antediluvian" is still the best evidence for that theory because really, who says that?

I do. :colbert:

While an asynchronous relationship between Jane\Jake and Dirk\Roxy might be going on, it'd sure make the medium entry and the ensuing meteor bombardment really really weird. Even by Homestuck standards. Also most of the things mentioned in that theory can be explained by other themes and references that have popped up so far in the story.

"A lot can happen in three years" can easily be a meta reference to the comic itself. UU is clearly operating in a different frame of reference from everybody similar to the trolls chatting up the B1 kids, so offhand comments about different timeframes are expected. The narrator comments about Roxy and Dirk's uncertain chronology is (or will be) a comment on the reader being able to pick and choose the order in which they view those sections.

The world is ruled by the Condesce, but Jade doesn't believe it due to propaganda constantly being beamed into her head, and Jake just doesn't give a poo poo because he's too busy shooting giant lusii.

So I guess this theory is.. all washed up. :c00lbert: