Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Veev posted:

Whoever is advertising on the website is awesome.
The DO IT HUSSIE one? While the ad may be cool, the comic to which it links is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Eox posted:

I remember reading that it's 10 minutes and 25 seconds long
6 hours and 53 minutes.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Indeed, that is what the gently caress it is that we motherfucking are.

S u c k e r s .

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

When the screen goes all Pool Balls in the beginning, there appears to be a pattern of where the unchanging 8-balls go.

Can anyone read braille?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Thundarr posted:

The Handmaid technically lived far longer than anyone mortal ever had the opportunity to. I agree though that if Aradia is an agent of Lord English, she will jump at any opportunity she gets to undermine his plans.

One thing to be mindful of as well is that each of the trolls' fates is reverse-anti-mutual tied to the fates of their ancestors. Because the handmaid spent her life and ultimately died in service of Lord English, her descendant would be fated to break free of any service to which she was shackled.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This is why I think "the most important character in Homestuck" really is Gamzee. Everyone had their ancestor's fate reverse bight them in the rear end (assuming the slave Dualscar had killed really was the Dolorosa) except Gamzee. His ancestor had the Sufferer killed, but instead of Karkat killing Gamzee in return he used his Troll Jegus powers to calm him down, possibly throwing a wrench into the workings of paradox space.

The Grand Highblood didn't kill The Sufferer, it was The Condesce that gave the order. I would say that Gamzee's Ancestor-driven destiny was kind of already fulfilled, in that the Subjugglator pretty much just killed and killed and killed for the rest of his days, Gamzee would go out as a chill motherfucker who overcame his innate, intinctive drive to kill.

As for the Condesce/Feferi, personality differences aside, Feferi being killed before everyone else (with possible exception to Tavros, though the timeline's a bit unclear around that point) and resurrecting Sollux does the job of counteracting Condesce's being the last surviving ancestor and pushing the ψiioniic to exert himself to death.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

QueerPope posted:

While we wait for 11/11/11, why don't we appreciate this wonderful thing that showed up over in the Fandom!Secrets thread.

Truly, this is the one and only true way of looking at it.

My favourite part is Vriska (Vriska).

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

What many people fail to understand is that Vriska (Vriska) is a universal constant that transcends analogy.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

"Get outta here, ball of prototypable material! I got this. Bark bark."

To be fair, had Bec not prototyped itself, Jade's house would have been crushed by the giant meteor. That was the whole point, it needed sprite powers in addition to Green Sun First Guardian powers to protect Jade.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

KoB posted:

Couldn't he just teleport the meteor? He was already all powerful, why did he need to be all powerfuler?
Because First Guardians can't shoot energy beams. SUCH IS THE MYSTIQUE OF THE GAME.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

My guess? Next update is the next introduction. I don't think the fans have the patience to withstand another act that's essentially Act 5 Part 1 again in its purpose and execution.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Agreed. I'm about to do an acrobatic loving pirouette off the handle.
Personally, I'm going shithive maggots over here.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Android Blues posted:

Her quirk is more subtle - she just has some old-fashioned affectations, and of course does the weird Nanna laugh and the buckteeth smiley. It's pretty reasonable on the whole though yeah, but then so are all of the original kids'.
I think Factory Factory was referring to her typing animation. That said, I'm pretty sure all the kids but John type reasonably, but it's been so long since we've seen them type.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Starmaker posted:

e: ^^^^^^^ seven?
Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya, Gamzee, Sollux, Aradia, and uh...other Sollux?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

KoB posted:

*woosh*

Hear that? That was the joke as it flew over your head.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Prison Warden posted:

Plus, y'know, that timeline being doomed seeing as how John being dead means that their birth would never take place.

I seriously have no idea where this notion comes from.

Each session's ectobiology fuckery is exclusive to its own session. In the kids' session, John created the kids and their guardians and sent them back in time. In this session, it's reasonable to assume that at some point, Jane will create the new kids and their new guardians and send them back in time.

That's it that's all. John didn't send meteors to other universes, John had nothing to do with the creation of these kids, and there hasn't been anything at all to suggest otherwise. Yes, the roles have been reversed, but that doesn't change anything.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

creationist believer posted:

The artifacts that were sent back with the babies strongly suggests that these are copies of the meteors sent by John. Most specifically, the the inscription on the book that's in Jane's own handwriting which we see in the Act 6 flash. It even has all the oil stains from LOWAS.

Chances are this will be explained when it's explained how Jake was able to send Liv Tyler to Jade. I dunno, it seems silly to me to ascribe so much thought to the ectobiology stuff.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Walliard posted:

I'm the same. It kind of reminds me of the SSB Brawl version of Ashley's theme, except with more repetetive lyrics.
YES. I've been trying to figure out what it reminds me of all day, and this is it exactly.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Level Slide posted:

I hope Feferi's corpse somehow gets prototyped into Jane's Kernelsprite. She needs someone to fill in the NO gently caress YOU MOM quota.
The Lalondes will have maternal resentment to spare. :v:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

On the other hand, I could see Bro's autoresponder running the Sburb client and server applications. Every character interaction will be with the autoresponder. We never see or meet Bro himself, he is just too drat elusive.
I have absolutely no objections to this whatsoever.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Starmaker posted:

I thought he wasn't supposed to be ironic at all.

And while I'm all for gay characters in media or whatever, it still seems slightly out of place. It just seems a bit too overtly sexual for Homestuck (yes I know quadrants but alien sex is different okay)
Dave was all about overt innuendo. Reread the first few acts.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Starmaker posted:

Oh God does this mean I've internalized homophobia

Yes. But don't worry, recognizing it is the first step to getting rid of it. :)

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Starmaker posted:

:words:

Don't put too much stock into what I say, I'm one of those weirdos who thinks it'd be kind of cool if Dave were a trans man. Not to the point of loudly declaring that my headcanon is truth and if you disagree I JUDGE YOU but I think it'd be neat.

I think it's the hair. Something about Dave's hair just screams "trans man" at me.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 26, 2018

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I've never seen Arrested Development, but my friend tells me Bro sounds a lot like David Cross's character from that. Given he's a poster on Jane's wall and that quote is lifted almost verbatim, I guess there's some influence going on. Being ambiguously gay might be a thing with Bro.
Whaaat? No. Not even a little. Your friend is so far off base, he can't even see the base from where he is. Where's the base?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Shrug! That quote sounded the same-ish.

The thing is that Tobias is hilariously lacking in self-awareness. That doesn't come through very well in that Youtube you posted, but the whole point is that he says all these things without realizing how gay they sound. If there's one thing that Bro isn't, it's lacking in self-awareness.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

seriouschat about cosmic pedantry itt

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

gently caress it. Worth it for the Cosbytop and lunchmuffs

:colbert:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I have never watched Arrested Development so all this poo poo is flying over my head, thank you for explaining.
Seriously, get on that poo poo. Pretty sure the whole series is on Netflix, and the DVDs are dirt cheap.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

And that's why you don't take your poppop's book.
:haw: Totally loving missed that. Cheers.

As for the book, I'm just gonna sit tight and wait for the canonical explanation. All this speculation on something that will almost certainly be laid out in clear terms in the future is giving me a headache.

For all we know, John arrived in this universe, de-alchemized the sassacre hammer, and then sent a brand new book back in time at some point.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 24, 2011

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

You know what continues to be one of my favourite moments in the story? Just before the Scratch interlude, when Dave and Terezi are discussing Bro's passing and the pending conflict with Vriska, and suddenly AR starts commanding Dave.

gently caress but if that sequence doesn't make me giggle like a moron every time. :B

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Now this may sound crazy, but there is the distinct possibility that all the A1 trolls were born through standard means of reproduction.

Nutty, I know.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

You know, it is possible to care deeply for some one and be neither romantically interested in them nor related to them.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Mince Pieface posted:

True but I think the first Jane and Jake chatlog plus Jane's insistence that Mom Lalonde back off make it pretty clear there are some romantic feelings going on.
Really? I think I'm going to have to reread the first chat log, because I didn't catch that at all.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

RickoniX posted:

John reached the top of his echeladder (the breeze kneels?) Immediately before god-tiering, and soon after in a vriskalog she talks about him gaining god tier levels
Heir Transparent. Come ON, it was even an album title!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Eridan was the Prince of Hope, Jake is strongly implied to be the Page of Hope. Certainly more than "vague implications".
My reading comprehension's clearly not the best, but I missed where his domain is Hope. I got Page, but I missed Hope.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Space Hamlet posted:

Similarly, it's a safe bet that Jane will be the maid of life:

We'll probably be able to figure out Lalonde's and Strider's roles from their intro pages this same way.
Wasn't the popular theory not too long ago that the new titles would fill in the gaps left by the dead trolls? (Thief, Rogue, Page and Prince of Heart, Hope, Life and Void)

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

YggiDee posted:

I hope Bro's Shades become a player too, so we can have Doom.

Everybody forgets Sollux!
Sollux' status is as yet unknown. Yes, he started bleeding out when he piloted the meteor from the veil to the Green Sun, and Aradia did say that it was his body they'd be bringing with them, but we don't know how much of that came to pass OR what role the version of him that's chilling out with Aradia is to play.

What I'm saying here is that we don't know for sure that Sollux is dead.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I just peeked at the wiki. When did we decide that KidMom was the hero of Void?

This fandom moves too fast for me :psyduck:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

standard owl posted:

Some more tumblr questions, answered.

My favorite is how the troll he identifies with the most is Gamzee as they are both wanton killers :allears:

My favourite is also Gamzee related. Some Vriska fan QQing over Vriska having to die while Gamzee gets to hug it out, his answer is that it's funnier this way.

"BUT GAMZEE HAS TO PAY FOR HIS CRIIIIIIIMES!!!! Man, who gives a gently caress".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The Fucky posted:

So, I guess Karkat's lusus is a "crabdad" in official canon now. Cool?
Karkat himself called it Crabdad when he told John about its death. This isn't news.