Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For how much time, energy, effort, and enthusiasm I put into Homestuck it is phenomenal how quickly it left my brain once it ended. I guess most of that was the slow(?) decay that was Act 6 and ultimately "well, OK, guess that's it" of the ending, I was eased into the apathy over a long stretch. I can't even really bring myself to a stronger critique of what it coulda/shoulda have done differently like in the last couple of pages, even that is too much :effort:

I'll still probably always remember the work more positively than negatively because the highs of the highs are not something I feel I have ever had or will have experienced in a form of entertainment, and the music will live on forever. Besides those snapchat posts years ago and the first (and I presume only?) Hiveswap act, there hasn't been anything else going on I assume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was not able to make it through this.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I thought it'd be a bummer that I'd bounce off the finale to what was a very formative work for a decent chunk of my life, but the fact is this is all coming 3 years since I last seriously thought about the story and even longer when I consider how loving cold I was on most of Act 6. It just feels weird because it means there will never be what I consider at least a personal sense of closure, it just is over and that's that. Which happens all the time to works people grew up with or grew attached to, it just feels egregious for me given how much of an emotional and mental sink that story was for a time. It's a chapter I can only help but look back on with a "well, I guess that happened" and move on.