Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
God drat, I got the whole thing downloaded, and...

Sorry, the animation won't run on this computer for some completely unknown reason. Try another computer.

What the butt :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I think what's most interesting about this flash is how we never got closure on how destroying the exile stations would help to rebuild society.

And then I remembered that none of the exiles are exclusively unique. They will all exist in the exact same capacity in the new session - so it's possible they'll be exiled again, and this time succeed.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
He also put a hit out on her, which CD eventually followed through!

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Yeah, something like that would be fun. Mimic the first 20 or so pages with extremely minor differences, then all of a sudden John 2 puts an axe through Dad during their first battle.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
When does Jade bring the universe frog into the new universe? It falls into the volcano!

(Actually it'll probably end up having gotten saved last second, but we didn't see that happen)

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
So wait, what was the deal with Doc Scratch in the end? Since that universe is over, was the 'death' he wanted a result of the end of the universe? Or did he really die because Hussie shook him to death.

I'm gonna have to go back and read that conversation he had with Rose.

Also why is Karkat not turning his back on the body? Argh, Scratch!!!

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I think the single most memorable moment of the entire comic for me is the sequence where John blasts off for the first time, going to attempt to kill his denizen.

The "THIS IS STUPID" panel is easily the funniest thing ever.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

KoB posted:

Vriska and John's conversations are always enjoyable to me. They're so awkward and adorable :allears:

Inexplicably for me, one of the funniest moments from the entire comic for me is the very end of one of their first conversations..

"So I guess you're spidery themed?"
"Yup"
"Haha, ew, spiders are gross!"
"gently caress you!!!!!!!!"

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Since Act 6 begins 11/11/11, I wonder if the reset universe will have three 11 year old kids playing Sburb instead.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
No, Earthbound is about four kids who go on an adventure that begins pretty low-key but slowly unfolds into a time-traveling apocalyptic adventure against an unbeatable extradimensional demon

(sort of)

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Bro will clearly be HEART, since that was the shirt Dave was wearing when he crashlanded.

Mom drinks to fill the VOID in her soul

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Nilbop posted:

LE's peg-leg is his left leg, remember. But yeah.

Just like Spades Slick's barcode is on his left arm, right?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I hope Bro is a Brony. Because that would just be the greatest possible collision of Popular Internet Things ever, especially if the My Little Pony show somehow reciprocated.

My god, the fanbases would explode. It would be amazing, and simultaneously horrifyingly glorious.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Pretty sure 4/4 time is called a waltz on Alternia. We got it wrong.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Sollux is such a weird character. He pretty much sticks to his own set of rules, and will probably he half-alive, half-dead for the rest of the comic. Doom is a weird power to have.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Sweet, got my signed copy of the book! Got a nice little picture of John. Probably helps that my request was "Just draw whatever" since I was sleepy and sorta drunk.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Chunky12345 posted:

"SKYYYYRIIIIIIM"

I used to like Homestuck. Then I took a bucket to the face.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
As much as I don't want to drag this any further, but what even elicited this response from Hussie? His tumblr post didn't explain where the argument came from, at all.

I mean, basically everyone is being completely stupid, I just want to know who was being stupid first.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Come to think of it, that's the same gun Mom had in [S] Descend

Dad confirmed for Cakekind?

His afternoon cakes aren't for eating. They are for murder

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
After being curious and doing some research, Nix is the name of a satellite that orbits Pluto... so maybe Alternia's pink moon has some sort of connection to this.

Honestly I'll be impressed if that drat moon ever ends up being significant at all.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Renaissance Robot posted:

All you people ironically pretending to ship operating systems know that's actually a thing, right?

Yup. One of my favorite little jewels of the internet, right here. Be educated! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan

Anyway horrible anime operating systems aside, honestly I think I'd be surprised at this point if the AR got prototyped. I'm sort of just expecting it to meet up with Brobot and then they run away forever, only to show up again at some critical moment.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Shouldn't the spirograph symbol be red? The icon on Dirk's computer was.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I think my biggest question about dream bubbles is, how many are there? Because it seems to me that there's only one giant dream bubble.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

SARSfest posted:

The choice of Yaldabaoth is an interesting one. After a couple minutes of dumpster diving through the internet I found this little gem:

http://altreligion.net/?page_id=743

I'm not sure how trustworthy this particular site is. Will investigate further.

So pretty much, the AR is Dirk's Denizen.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Flash update!

Can't get it to load, of course. It just wouldn't be Homestuck without crashing servers somewhere.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
So what's the official 'end' to the flash? Hoisting the lights up, pretty much?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
They will all be:

Land of Pyramids and Neon
Land of Tombs and Krypton
Land of Masoleums and Xenon

Edit: Oh duh, this was already mentioned. Still, I think it's a pretty funny idea that they could all end up being basically the same, but at the same time, completely different

thanks alot assbag fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 15, 2012

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Renaissance Robot posted:

Nutso man was Bill Bolin, track info says the originator of this one is George Buzinkai.

Stress sounds a lot like a remix of Teal Hunter, if anything else, though that wasn't made by George Buzinkai.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
What the hell? Why won't paypal take my debit card or my credit cart?

I WANT TO GIVE HOMESTUCK MY MONEY

edit: never mind, it worked. Man Paypal is weird about stuff.

thanks alot assbag fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 13, 2012

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
The weird symbol could be something like a timeline of Calliope and her brother, and who has consciousness when. Starting in the center of the spiral, which moves between red and green frequently, but then later on stays in the red for quite a while (presumably as Lord English maybe?) but ends up in the green (Calliope eventually winning out?)

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
How'd the meteor get into the surface of a planet completely intact with no apparent impact whatsoever? That's the weirdest part about this.

But also, for as long as we've known what the meteor lab looks like, I guess we've never seen anyone at the top of that highest tower, have we? Vriska got killed on the second highest one, if I recall.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

creationist believer posted:

I feel like half of this thread has turned into uu and the other half into UU. It's great.

those who became Roxy were all banned for drunkposting

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Nate RFB posted:

So, what will the "B" one be?

[S] Bleat like a goat and piss on your turntable

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
The biggest momentum killers have probably been the summer hiatuses. Somewhere around last May, updates got really spotty and then pretty much stopped for a few months, save occasional flash updates (Synchronize/Unite, Caliborn: Enter). They final resumed around mid September I think, and even those were just updates in between Meenahquests.

After a two month break before Cascade last year and then all these other breaks, it's easy to feel like the whole thing's lost steam. This isn't even considering some of the story elements, but eh...

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
If there's one thing that DOESN'T happen in Homestuck, it's throwing random poo poo into the plot without overly explaining it.

So in other words, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, what Jane said just now is explained in some ridiculous manner making the entire argument completely moot.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I hope some day there's a panel like these where the spiral eyes follow your cursor around. Maybe even just for a few seconds a few seconds, until they slowly turn to look directly outward.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Haha I had a feeling that Dirk would sort of just give up and go for it.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Prison Warden posted:

I did notice that apparently they sell pancake mix over here now but only around Pancake Day.

Pancake Day? Please tell me it's a national holiday where everyone gets the day off, there are parades honoring pancakes, pancake costumes, and so on. It can't be any other way.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Just remembered that one of the Jacks has the Crowbar.

What happens if John gets hit with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Aranea's just going to kill everyone, isn't she?