Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I love dancing Courtyard Droll. He actually did something smart for once, but it was too late, and now it look like Jack is gonna kill him. At least we know where the blood on Jack's hand is gonna come from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skepsist posted:

If someone knows Andrew, tell him that he can host it on megaupload, or as a torrent.

He says he'll do that only as a last resort.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Not tomorrow! Just put it on a torrent or megaupload and let people get it themselves!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
It's started.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Holy. loving. poo poo. I cannot wait to see where things go next.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Factory Factory posted:

ACTUAL SPOILER I think that's because she merged with Jadesprite. She's now a God and her alternate deadself and a First Guardian and a dog combined.

So basically ACTUAL SPOILERS Jade has now become the most powerful character in the entire series because of what you listed AND her God-Tier powers?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

JT Jag posted:

CONTINUATION OF ACTUAL SPOILER Well, that she's her alternate deadself is a given. One of the rules of going god-tier is that it uses up your dreamself if you have one, remember everything we learned from Vriska? To what extent she has retained the First Guardian powers, I don't know, but it probably has some effect.

ACTUAL SPOILERS But wouldn't the Green Sun blowing up get rid of her First Guardian powers?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
ACTUAL SPOILERS So now that the universe is scratched, but the Green Sun wasn't blown up, what's going to happen now? Are the God-Tier kids and Trolls going to hijack another session, or is Jade going to do something with the shrunk kid's session? Is Jack still going to be a problem? hell, does Earth's universe still exist? I'm pretty sure Jack managed to destroy it.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Idunn posted:

One thing I still don't get is why killing Snowman is supposed to end the world or something. Is she the trolls' equivalent of Bilious Slick? If that's the case, why? I don't think this has ever been explained.

Other than that, holy poo poo. What is the Tumor? It appears to have both the troll and kid universes in it... so did they just destroy those universes in creating the Green Sun? Uggghhh I need some dialogue and crap I'm dying here.

Also Jade is so awesome I can't even believe it.

This flash easily REAL SPOILERS made Jade one of my favorite characters. I liked her when she started sassing Karkat, but the badass things she did brought her to a whole new level. Plus, her god-tier outfit looks much better and cooler than her "generic early-teenage girl" look she had before.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
ACTUAL SPOILERSThis flash made me feel bad for Jack. I never thought I'd say that. I hope that he can see God-Tier Jade and be happy to see her alive again after feeling bad about her being dead and it being his fault while in the Time Capsule.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cavatica posted:

Real Spoilers: Oh I get it. Twice the mass of our universe.

That also explains why Aradia was REAL SPOILERS wiling to support the "blow up the Green Sun" plan in the first place. She knew it was all about creating the Green Sun all along. I'm pretty sure her "the master we serve demands it" line refers to Doc Scratch or Lord English. What better way to "serve him" (Scratch/English) than to create the power source for the mechanism that allows English to manipulate universes?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

So let me see if I've got this straight: Jade made a wish upon a star and became the single biggest badass in creation, using her space powers to transport the kids' entire session to the trolls'. This means that their session was Scratched without resetting the kids or their memories, leaving a quartet of God Tiers to maybe finally gently caress up Scratch's plans for good. Right?

You're right, but she became God-Tier, not made a wish.

dumb brunette posted:

Standard rules don't seem to apply to the in-Derse-core questbeds. Aradia's dreamself dying there ressurected her real self in the troll session, and there's no indication that's something that can really happen on a standard quest bed.

Hussie explained a while ago that there's no real merger of selves which is why the corpses are still left behind when the transformation is complete, too, so that probably has something to do with it.

So would it be possible that the other Trolls could theoretically go God-Tier as well? Remember, Karkat said they were pretty much at the top of their skill ladders when Sgrub ended, so that qualifies them for God-Tier. I know their quest beds are gone thanks to Jack, but I'm sure there's a loophole that could be exploited to bring back some characters or make some of the living Trolls go God-Tier (God-tier Jade and Kanaya :aaa:).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Colon V posted:

You guys do realize that this only leaves one enemy in the entire continuity that can hope to stand up to them, right?

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's going to be REAL SPOILERS kids and trolls vs Lord English. I think they aren't going to be happy about being manipulated by Doc Scratch to help Lord English, and with five people at God-Tier (kids + Aradia, and that's not counting the chance that there'll be a way to make the dead trolls go God-Tier), I think they'll have a chance to show Lord English their displeasure at being manipulated.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

A Spider posted:

Yep
Lord Fedorafreak

Evidently, you need only to die on your Quest Bed to become God Tier. Cue all the trolls going GT.
Waitaminute.
God Tier = GT
Dragon Ball GT
:aaaaa:

But REAL SPOILERS the troll's quest beds were destroyed when Jack destroyed all of their planets. However, I can see Jade using her space powers to do something like warp the dead trolls to completed Sburb sessions and put them on other session's quest beds that match their titles/roles/classes in Sgrub in order to trick the game into making them go God-Tier.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SpaceDrake posted:

That was possibly the cutest moment of the entire flash. :3:

Also, realspoilers I guess I can see the Dersebeds working a bit differently (admittedly, Aradia was a Prospit God-tier and thus followed all the same rules as John and Jade).

Aradia was a Derse dreamer, not Prospit.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

FutureSushi posted:

Uh so real question here Is Aradia evil because she seems awful happy considering everyone else thought they were nerfing that sun???? She does seem to be set up to be a lower-tier villain here, I just wonder when the heck Scratch got to her. Or perhaps it was just all the whisperings of the Handmaid influencing her over time

I'd rather it not be that way but it's sure looking like it :worry:

I'm thinking that that Aradia is a double-agent for Lord English as well. Dave's very likely going to have the same time-related powers that she has, so its not like the trolls+kids are going to be out of someone that can manipulate time if Aradia goes rogue.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Zorak posted:

Some speculatory thoughts:

1. The chain of Lord English propagation is totally unbroken. We are seeing the point of his genesis [speculatedly] (through the creation of the Green Sun), but while it consumed both the troll and the kid's universe, the kid's universe was consumed just as the scratch was happening: in other words, a new universe would be generated in its place anyway, presumably including the Lord English summoning mechanism that would, with that scratch-created universe success, result in the creation of yet another universe with the summoning mechanism ad infinitum.

2. An interesting thing to note though that the Green Sun being created at *this point* doesn't actually matter, since it is located in a timeless space connected to all sessions: while it need be created, the specific chain of the cycle doesn't matter, though it is temporally inevitable.

3. This would normally mean that, given that we are probably seeing the point that Lord English is created, the kids are the "start of the chain"; given that the troll's session created the kids session, and that this even essentially happened "between" the two, that would mean that it could potentially be the end of the chain: presuming Lord English doesn't just use his mastery of time and space to just appear in any universe he's been "summoned" into via in the chain whenever he wants to, and that it's a simple circular chain that doesn't offshoot (it could be an exponentially expanding growth web of universes spiraling off and creating secondary universes containing summoning mechanisms for all we know).

But since Jade has quite a bit of power now, plus all the kids + trolls are getting together, it's possible they could could find/orchestrate (given temporal inevitability, it's the same thing) his eventual demise at the "end" of the chain. Further, since Jade's frog is fine, it's possible they could just generate a new universe chain offshoot that lacks the mechanism entirely, what since presumably the post-scratch Earth will be the one containing the mechanism (the next piece in the chain) rather than Jade's universe that would have otherwise "died" in the Scratch.

4. Given what we're seeing with quest beds, and the fact that all the troll corpses are heading towards the Green Sun now, it's entirely possible all the trolls could be resurrected in the God Tier if Hussie wanted to, as we understand it right now. Except maybe Vriska, since she already blew her chance at second life. WHOOPS.

REAL SPOILERS I'm pretty sure that something's going to happen with the dead trolls, because Sollux specifically mentioned them when he was with Aradia at the green sun. You don't mention details like that and not do anything with it.

My take on English is that he created himself using time loops in the trolls and kid's universes in order to ensure his existance (or at least to be able to manipulate other universes via the First Guardian system), but he's going to use the post-Scratch Earth as a springboard to infiltrate other universes (if the Earth session is completed, he could infiltrate the universe made by it, and so on). Even if the post-Scratch Earth isn't successful, I'm sure he could use their incisphere as a staging ground to infiltrate other incispheres, and the universes they've created along with them.

EDIT: The second part doesn't make a lot of sense if Lord English wasn't created by the tumor. Hurrr.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 25, 2011

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Okay this should put the "Aradia is evil all along" chat to rest:

Andrew's About EoA5 part 2

Basically: Aradia wasn't even complicit in the creation of the Green Sun because she arrived after it was created. Like as it was shown in that super cool flash movie so long ago.

Edit: this one

Edit 2: Never mind it wasn't a flash but here you go

Well now I feel stupid for guessing that Aradia was evil. :shobon:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobulus posted:

What I'm curious about, at the moment, is if the new version of the kid universe will be largely similar (with the kids and parents switched), or if, like the Troll universe scratch, it results in a much more bloodthirsty place.

The bloodthirsty thing only happened because of Lord English/Doc Scrach's meddling. We don't know if he's managed to meddle with the kid's incisphere/universe before the Scratch, so the only way to tell is if Hussie actually shows us.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Midnight Raider posted:

If Homestuck is a first draft of itself, it makes me curious as to how the novelization is going to be. It'd already be a different experience just from being a wildly different medium, but if Hussie decided to tighten up parts of the story he wasn't happy with.. It could be interesting to see what differs.

I'd be interested to see how Hussie would deal with Act 1 when he starts working on the graphic novel version of Homestuck. It's "Problem Sleuth 2" feel is really out of place when compared to the rest of the acts (especially the later ones), and I think it would probably need some reworking in order for it to fit the tone of the later Acts. I can see him getting rid of the non plot-essential stuff (like the cake shenanigans) and trimming it down to the stuff that actually pertains to the rest of the plot and the explanation of things like Grist, along with keeping the Inventory gags. I think it'd flow a lot better that way.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Anybody notice that Jake's bed sheet has the troll's Lususes on it?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If there are Trolls in the new universe, they should be nice and peaceful like the pre-Scratch Alternia Trolls just to see Karkat, Terezi, and the rest freak out over how NICE the new trolls are. No Legislators, Subjuggulators, and other violent Alternian groups would have certain characters (Terezi, Gamzee) feel kinda left out from the new Earth, which would be interesting character development for them.

I have this image in my head of the "old" Trolls looking at the happy and peaceful new Trolls and seeing that things like the "new" Trolls being pretty and fashionable, kind and free of the blood caste system, which don't fit what they've been told what Trolls are "supposed" to be. Then they look at things like their outfits, their beliefs and their goals and see that they're little more than relics from a time that is gone forever. Even if it wasn't for SBurb causing the destruction of the new world, they'd never fit in with their own people. :smith:

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 13, 2011

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Oh god Scratch!Mom sounds awesome.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

KoB posted:

Have we actually heard from someone who knows what they're talking about that you need Heroes of Time and Space? Its all just conjecture from the kids/trolls right? As long as you have a beat mesa/Forge you should be fine right? Is there anything to say that only Time and Space get those? We only have two examples out of theoretically infinite previous sessions.

IIRC Doc Scratch tells Rose that the Beat Mesa appears only in the Hero of Time's land.

EDIT:

quote:

Yes.
It will always be an edifice of similarly cryptic design, located on the planet that is home to the Hero of Time.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005528

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

YggiDee posted:

So... Imminent invasion/enslavement of Earth?

Hordes of Trolls will attack Earth, and the kids will get out at the last second. Conveniently, the meteors will be striking at the same time, thus killing off the Trolls as well. SBurb will once again ruin the Empress' empire. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cabbit posted:

I'm going for the long shot here and betting the inevitable troll takeover is ultimately benevolent.

You won't be saying that when panels of the Trolls blowing poo poo up appear. :smug:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Only agents of the two kingdoms are permitted to become exiles, as far as I'm aware. I think the entire plan is that the kids and the surviving trolls were supposed to all enter a single reality together, probably this one.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Trolls hijack exile terminals until session is completed, then go into new universe with new+old kids".

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ice_Mallet posted:

I thought KidMom was Equius, because she's presumed to be the Hero of Void.

If Bro is the Hero of Heart, I pretty much see no way he can get away with liking ponies and not liking My Little Pony. Heck, even if My Little Pony didn't have G4, I'd still expect him to have a G1 pony just because.

While I like that it would increase fans of both series, I can already see the horrible fan-fictions and fan-art in my mind.

There's a ton of HS/MLP crossover fanart out there already, so making Bro a brony wouldn't make things much worse than the status quo.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

QueerPope posted:

Perhaps he was assassinated in his sleep by some agents of Derse? Jack Noir ruining stuff for us once again?

It was CD. He finally did something right and didn't get killed right afterwards. :tinfoil:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

tentawesome posted:

Well, Vriska says she's pretty sure they were all supposed to kill each other and reach God Tier but Karkat was too good of a leader. I got the impression that players were supposed to reach God Tier by the time they won.

I thought the real problem was that they just brute-forced their way through the game instead of actually trying to learn the mechanics and the lessons it was teaching so that more of them would go God-Tier and the like. I'm pretty sure Vriska only went God Tier because she was so much of a powergamer that she had to reach the God Tiers in order to feel like a winner. The others just killed everything that got in their way and didn't give a drat about anything else. I'm pretty sure someone (Doc Scratch? Someone like that) states they just sucked at everything besides killing, not because Karkat was too good of a leader and stopped them from killing each other.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 26, 2011

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Brobot ironically bleating like a goat is a callback to Dave's intro pages.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Zorak posted:

I get the feeling Hussie basically just decided he didn't actually want all of the trolls continuing on and is going to now remove even more trolls. Gamzee and Kanaya will kill each other off, leaving us with only the two principal trolls making the journey or something.

e: unless this is a cunning ruse to do the exact opposite

If he wanted to kill Kanaya off, then why revive her in the first place? Reviving her just so she could help Jade discover the final frog feels like she's being underused. I could see her being used to help get a new Matriorb and set the stage for the post-New Kids planet having trolls on it. I'm not surprised he's dumping Sollux, though.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobulus posted:

So here's a weird idea:

What if the B2 kids don't prototype at all?

Assuming Jane actually 'died' in that mailbox explosion and didn't just, like, faint, or something, then she's stuck in the session and can't get back to Earth to do it properly.

We also see a cloud vision that shows the black and white chess pieces fighting at a stalemate, as they do pre-prototyping, without it expanding or anything, which seems significant.

What if the other three kids also get into the session through alternate methods (death, teleportation, Jade's intervention, other stuff I can't think of)...or just don't prototype their sprites...and the session stays un-prototyped?

This would be really interesting, because it would free up the narrative for more English-related matters, and it would also let us see what a blank-slate session looks like.

There's normally a penalty for this: Skaia doesn't evolve and thus can't produce a new universe to live in.

But we don't know if that is an issue or not, since they might still have Jade's volcano/tadpole to fall back on.

edit: Hypothetically, Jane could get back to Earth by riding one of the meteors, but I'm not even sure if an unprototyped session, being still at a white-black stalemate, would even start the meteor cycle.

Wouldn't another issue be that there'd be no Black King to defeat and thus, scepter to destroy? The troll's session and what we know about Sburb seems to show that the Black King being killed and his scepter being destroyed is needed to start the endgame. Without prototyping before entering the game, there'd be no battlefield where Prospit would lose, and thus no Black King with scepter to defeat.

If he did exist even without prototying, would he be just the generic unprototyped one we see in [S]WV?: Rise Up or just literally be a chess piece? In that state, would killing him still start the end game, or does he need the scepter to do so?

Bringing the kid's Battlefield still has some issues. Since the Black King there was killed by Jack, what would trigger the endgame in their Battlefield? Jack cut the Black King's scepter in half, but that didn't trigger the end-game. Maybe doing something like killing Jack and/or destroying the White King's scepter is needed instead because the game registered Jack as the one that started the Reckoning, and is thus the kid's new target to start the end game.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Welp, it looks like the Black Queen has been replaced with the Troll Empress. And I thought the original kid's session was hosed up.

And CD's lines about the new queen's "hat" are adorable.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Snollygoster posted:

As much as people slag on the trolls and as much as Hivebent jarred some people out of the story, the trolls are fandom Miracle-Gro. It's diabolical. The trolls all have Zodiac symbols, and... gosh, I have a Zodiac sign too! THIS TROLL IT WAS MEANT FOR ME, DRR DRRRR DDDDRRRR. And there's a dozen of the fuckers so you're guaranteed to resonate with at least one of their broad archetypes. Then you've got teens on their Tumblrs and their Glees or whatever, looking for some kind of role model or appropriate fandom in which to belong.

What you get is a perpetual motion machine of fanart, electronic music and roleplaying Tumblrs where you ask John-and-Karkat-in-a-relationship questions.

The trolls also got a lot of people into the story in the first place. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw people on forums with trolls like Terezi and Vriska as their avatars and wondered what was up with the funny-looking demon kids.

quote:

Man, I cannot wait for the new kids to meet the trolls, just to see drunkMom try to type their names.

drunkMom and Karkat meeting will be classic. Guy with an extremely short fuse and a drunk teen that doesn't give a poo poo if she's pissing people off meeting will own.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Honestly, I hope this racism thing make some people stop thinking that Hussie is an infallible god. The worship he gets is pretty creepy, and people act like he's some sort of perfect writer and story teller. He's not, and he's made plenty of mistakes in the past (like relying on user commands for too long in Homestuck, the sheer amount of trolls he unleashed on us at once that really didn't do a lot for the plot and the like, the troll shipping stuff, the exiles being very underused in the plot before Act 5 Part 2, the White King could've been killed off much earlier instead of the song and dance with him being exiled, Nannasprite suggesting that there was a previous session with her in it when UU confirmed that there wasn't). I'm hoping that this racism thing will make at least one person look back and say "You know, Hussie's just some kinda-hipster dude that likes making mind-screw plots without completely plotting them out from the start" instead of "OMG THE PERFECT COMIC MAKER EVARRRR".

That's not to say I don't love Homestuck's characters, plot and the like; it's just that I don't pretend it's perfect like I've seen some fans suggest.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

tinaun posted:

This whole thing really emphasized, to me, just how much of a rough draft Homestuck is.

I'd love to see the Homestuck books reflect a "revised" version that smooths out the story a bit by getting rid of things like WV's way too long adventures in the Sky Base, adds a little more depth and characteristics to some of the trolls (like make pre-robot Aradia an actual character instead of a living plot device), add some more foreshadowing to things like why Jade constantly falls asleep instead of it being revealed via a simple sentence buried in a long chatlog stating "lol it wuz actually vriska testing her skillz out", then not mentioning it again and tying the Intermission more to to the Troll's session via a few references to it, which would help let people know it is significant to the plot instead of seeming like it's Problem Sleuth 1.5 in the middle of another story.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I agree with everything here except the bit about the MC intermission. I thought the twist at the end that the whole thing was actually relevant to the story of Homestuck to be brilliant.

I'm thinking more about the intro and pre-Snowman sequences, where there seem to be almost zero relevance to the story as a whole at first. I think people would be more eager to read through it the first time if it was evident that it tied into the greater story from the very start. I'm sure I'm not the only archive reader who thought it was a complete slog and skimmed through it as fast as possible at first, partially because it didn't seem to have any relevance to the adventures John and co. were going through or the game universe they were in. It'd probably dampen the effect of the ending, but I'd rather have a story that ties into everything from the start instead of a last-minute "holy poo poo" moment after going through an overly-confusing and boring story that popped out of nowhere.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Midnight Raider posted:

I actually see a bit of the opposite of this sometimes, with surprising frequency. I hear some people who have opinions about the comic, and like to give them more weight by claiming that their issues were "Because Hussie isn't a perfect writer and makes mistakes" rather than "Something happened that I just didn't like".

I recall seeing an argument a while back that someone was complaining about something dumb like how they thought all the trolls should have gone God Tier or something, and when people said that was dumb and things were fine as they were, they said "Hey, Hussie's not perfect, stop sucking his dick, he's not a professional writer, he makes mistakes. :smug:"

My post was addressed more to the Tumblr and MSPaint Adventures forum crowd, who seem to think of Hussie as perfect, tend to stalk him and are creepily obsessed with photoshopping his in-comic sprite everywhere. Around here, yeah, we know he's not perfect, but this forum's a bit more rational about Homestuck than your average Tumblr Homestuck fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Hamiltonian Bicycle hits it on the head, I think; like a lot of these things, the original position isn't too bad; no-one's really made a massive issue of it before. But it's Hussie's reaction to it, and his berserk 'no, have you perhaps consider that it is you who is the racist one' reaction (while leaving his girlfriend to spend hours and hours being conciliatory and understanding for him, nice one Andy :cool:), is a bit dodgy. All he'd have had to do would be say 'OK, my foul' and it would be OK. It also doesn't look particularly good given his previous portrayals of race (which, however ironic, boils down to 'look at these hilarious looking/talking black people) - while Homestuck alone in a vacuum might be more convincingly 'colorblind' (in itself a dodgy concept, but the most recent response suggests he was trying to do something with that), overall it comes across as a little bit more questionable. I think all of the people in this thread saying 'yeah, what's the big deal' aren't particularly helping - while it's certainly possible to throw around these accusation in bad faith, and troll Hussie (I'm not up on my tumblr culture to know), dismissing someone's uncomfortableness over issues of race and whiteness is a kinda lovely, not to mention goony, thing to do.

If the "Minority Perspectives" thread in Games has taught me anything, overanaylzing some semi-hipster's views on race is more goony these days. You mean a guy that writes a webcomic where a character is obsessed with old, 90s era things that white people like (or like making fun of) like mediocre Hollywood movies, Gushers and has a friend who's primary joke is to make lovely, white-sounding raps doesn't have the best nor progressive views on race? What a surprise! :wth:

I still don't get why he had to post that response in the first place tho. As others have said, discussing race is pretty much walking on eggshells. Even when he's doing his "hur hur hur I am the smartest and most arrogant man ever" Tumblr/Formspring persona, he should know that there are limits as to what to discuss. The internet is a lot more sensitive about things like race than it has even a few years ago, and responding to a troll post about racism with a mixture of arrogance and "ur the real racist!!!!", along with a dash of ignorance about race, is a big no-no these days. It might've been acceptable or funny a few years back, but today? Hell no.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 17, 2012